2011 GULC Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Perch

Silver

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Post by Perch » Tue May 10, 2011 1:27 pm

egirarde wrote:
Perch wrote:has anyone reported getting into the FT recently?
No one's reported it, but Andy and Sophia both used the word "primarily" in their email:

"we were able to make very few offers of admission to our waiting list candidates, primarily to the part-time program"

Sounds like they let a few people in after the review... Just none of us... I guess the wave of admits really did go out last Friday. :cry:
I read it the same way, though interested to see how Mania^^ does today. GL.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Tue May 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Perch wrote:
egirarde wrote:
No one's reported it, but Andy and Sophia both used the word "primarily" in their email:

"we were able to make very few offers of admission to our waiting list candidates, primarily to the part-time program"

Sounds like they let a few people in after the review... Just none of us... I guess the wave of admits really did go out last Friday. :cry:
Good luck Perch! Sounds like you're still in the running!

TheMania22

New

Post by TheMania22 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks Perch. I don't know what to think. My natural pessimism still reigns supreme.

Zurs

New

Post by Zurs » Tue May 10, 2011 1:37 pm

egirarde wrote:
Perch wrote:
egirarde wrote:

Good luck Perch! Sounds like you're still in the running!
Got the same email from Andy. Guess I'm still in the running too. Definitely not going to get my hopes up this time around. Good luck everybody!

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Tue May 10, 2011 2:06 pm

This is my first draft.. I will be sending it sometime tonight but wanted to get some TLS input first

Dear Sir or Madam:

I would like to reiterate my continued interest in attending Gerogetown Law. Unfortunately, I am not part of “the small group to whom you will turn” should a spot open up. I want to be in that group very badly!

Many joke about their willingness to cut off limbs for the opportunity to attend Georgetown University’s Law Center. Honestly, I won’t do be doing that because I like having all of my limbs. However, I will do almost anything short of dismembering myself for an offer of admission in return.

“Please be advised that if spaces do open up in the class, one of the important factors in the Committee's consideration at this point is your interest in committing to Georgetown.” If this does not show interest, I am not sure what does. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:This is my first draft.. I will be sending it sometime tonight but wanted to get some TLS input first

Dear Sir or Madam:

I would like to reiterate my continued interest in attending Gerogetown Law. Unfortunately, I am not part of “the small group to whom you will turn” should a spot open up. I want to be in that group very badly!

Many joke about their willingness to cut off limbs for the opportunity to attend Georgetown University’s Law Center. Honestly, I won’t do be doing that because I like having all of my limbs. However, I will do almost anything short of dismembering myself for an offer of admission in return.

“Please be advised that if spaces do open up in the class, one of the important factors in the Committee's consideration at this point is your interest in committing to Georgetown.” If this does not show interest, I am not sure what does. Thanks for your time and consideration.
enclose a vial of your blood for emphasis

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Tue May 10, 2011 2:14 pm

loblaw wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:This is my first draft.. I will be sending it sometime tonight but wanted to get some TLS input first

Dear Sir or Madam:

enclose a vial of your blood for emphasis
well it will be through e-mail.. but I could make a video attachment of me extracting my own blood?

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Tue May 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Dear Sir or Madam:

Referring to self mutilation in any capacity makes you sound like a lunatic dude.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Tue May 10, 2011 2:47 pm

sreichel wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Referring to self mutilation in any capacity makes you sound like a lunatic dude.
you are no fun

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

speedyj88

Bronze

Post by speedyj88 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Accepted off Priority Waitlist and "small group" email with an extremely suggestive email today. :mrgreen:

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:10 pm

speedyj88 wrote:Accepted off Priority Waitlist and "small group" email with an extremely suggestive email today. :mrgreen:
Congrats

and well, I think you're going to be a major buzz kill for this thread.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Tue May 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Flips88 wrote:
speedyj88 wrote:Accepted off Priority Waitlist and "small group" email with an extremely suggestive email today. :mrgreen:
Congrats

Agreed. So you got multiple emails today?

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Tue May 10, 2011 3:42 pm

congrats buddy!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

speedyj88

Bronze

Post by speedyj88 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:43 pm

egirarde wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Congrats

My post was definitely not clear enough. I was PWL'ed at the end of march, received the "small group" email last monday, and just now received the suggestive email.

And thanks hipster!

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:45 pm

speedyj88 wrote:My post was definitely not clear enough. I was PWL'ed at the end of march, received the "small group" email last monday, and just now received the suggestive email.

And thanks hipster!
So it sounds like you weren't accepted at all, right? You just got the slightly suggestive email?

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Tue May 10, 2011 3:46 pm

bk187 wrote:So it sounds like you weren't accepted at all, right? You just got the slightly suggestive email?
I think he means the 'good news is on the way, watch your mail!' email.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:46 pm

speedyj88 wrote:
egirarde wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Congrats

My post was definitely not clear enough. I was PWL'ed at the end of march, received the "small group" email last monday, and just now received the suggestive email.

And thanks hipster!
is it the one people have posted above or the one saying "You should have access to the ASW tomorrow morning"?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

j12

Bronze

Post by j12 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:55 pm

I bet they put him in a special section of the preferred smaller group

Edit: Also congrats on making it through the tangled web of wl
Last edited by j12 on Tue May 10, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Tue May 10, 2011 3:57 pm

j12bash wrote:I bet they put him in a special section of the preferred smaller group
LOL. Nah, sounds like he got the "Good news is on the way, welcome to the ultra selective group that gets to enroll" email.

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Tue May 10, 2011 4:11 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
sreichel wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam:

you are no fun
Well feel free to try if you disagree with me, just thought i'd throw in my two cents

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Tue May 10, 2011 4:14 pm

speedyj88 wrote:
egirarde wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
Congrats

And thanks hipster!
Suggestive? In what way?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Suggestive? In what way?
posted in poor taste delete

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Tue May 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Georgetown's official policy is not to give admission decisions via email. Soooo... They send an extreamly suggestive hint via email while your admissions package is in the mail.

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Tue May 10, 2011 4:30 pm

loblaw wrote:
Suggestive? In what way?
posted in poor taste delete
Be a little mature, I mean was it suggestive in whether or not you'd get an offer of admission, or suggestive like you ARE admitted but you might also get a scholarship, etc. What was the suggestive part about?

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 pm

egirarde wrote:Georgetown's official policy is not to give admission decisions via email. Soooo... They send an extreamly suggestive hint via email while your admissions package is in the mail.
Thank you egirarde

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”