2011 GULC Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
840e

New

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Post by 840e » Fri May 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cassidylane

Bronze

Post by cassidylane » Fri May 13, 2011 5:37 pm

To those who were wondering about my saga, Sophia Sim wrote me again saying she relayed my message to Andy Cornblatt and I should expect good news very soon! Haven't heard from him today, but I can't see why she would say that if it weren't true!

Good luck everyone!!

noncontributingzero

New

Post by noncontributingzero » Fri May 13, 2011 5:44 pm

cassidylane wrote:To those who were wondering about my saga, Sophia Sim wrote me again saying she relayed my message to Andy Cornblatt and I should expect good news very soon! Haven't heard from him today, but I can't see why she would say that if it weren't true!

Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations!!!

cassidylane

Bronze

Post by cassidylane » Fri May 13, 2011 5:54 pm

noncontributingzero wrote:
cassidylane wrote:To those who were wondering about my saga, Sophia Sim wrote me again saying she relayed my message to Andy Cornblatt and I should expect good news very soon! Haven't heard from him today, but I can't see why she would say that if it weren't true!

Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations!!!

Thank you! and it actually turns out I got the email from Dean Cornblatt a couple minutes afterwards, it just hadn't gone through to my phone. They are making me submit the Intent to Enroll form by May 20, but the deposit by June 1st (so really it looks like the true decision deadline is June 1st.)

Good luck!!!!

ETA: for what its worth to everyone, my status checker updated to 5/13 when I got the email.
Last edited by cassidylane on Fri May 13, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:03 pm

840e wrote:
noncontributingzero wrote:I am getting more and more anxious as the days pass. Any guesses on how many spots are going to open up in the next few weeks?
It is anyone's guess... I don't feel like there has been THAT much movement yet... A lot of keeping people excited and positive on the part of Georgetown, but not that many people getting acceptances when compared to threads of previous years, which kind of surprises me since other threads and lists appear to be moving.

I do think a large amount of movement is still to come for the FT program... it is growing in size this year due to cutting of the PT program and many waitlists of higher ranked FT programs have had atleast a little movement. (trickle down theory)

I think the PT program may be done with movement. They want a smaller class this year, and are changing the program. I know there have been a few offers given in the PT program so far, but I would say it is no where near the number offered PT off the waitlist last year. (as someone whose cornblatt we have spots letter said i was now only being considered for pt, i hope this isn't the case!)
I think you are being overly optimistic about the number of spots that will open up. I dont think anyone on TLS reported an acceptance after June 1 last year. There may have been some but I didnt see any reported. I also think GULC took into account that they would have more full time spots when they made initial acceptances so I not sure that there will be a significant change in number off waitlist. If you received a letter that you were only being considered for part time from Dean Cornblatt I would take him at his word. Why do you think it would be different? Sorry don't mean to be Debbie Downer :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Fri May 13, 2011 6:40 pm

Emma1 wrote:
840e wrote:
noncontributingzero wrote:I am getting more and more anxious as the days pass. Any guesses on how many spots are going to open up in the next few weeks?
It is anyone's guess... I don't feel like there has been THAT much movement yet... A lot of keeping people excited and positive on the part of Georgetown, but not that many people getting acceptances when compared to threads of previous years, which kind of surprises me since other threads and lists appear to be moving.

I do think a large amount of movement is still to come for the FT program... it is growing in size this year due to cutting of the PT program and many waitlists of higher ranked FT programs have had atleast a little movement. (trickle down theory)

I think the PT program may be done with movement. They want a smaller class this year, and are changing the program. I know there have been a few offers given in the PT program so far, but I would say it is no where near the number offered PT off the waitlist last year. (as someone whose cornblatt we have spots letter said i was now only being considered for pt, i hope this isn't the case!)
I think you are being overly optimistic about the number of spots that will open up. I dont think anyone on TLS reported an acceptance after June 1 last year. There may have been some but I didnt see any reported. I also think GULC took into account that they would have more full time spots when they made initial acceptances so I not sure that there will be a significant change in number off waitlist. If you received a letter that you were only being considered for part time from Dean Cornblatt I would take him at his word. Why do you think it would be different? Sorry don't mean to be Debbie Downer :roll:
I don't anticipate much movement, and for the movement that there is, it seems like they're taking high LSATs (at least thus far).

noncontributingzero

New

Post by noncontributingzero » Fri May 13, 2011 6:48 pm

Perch wrote:
I don't anticipate much movement, and for the movement that there is, it seems like they're taking high LSATs.
This apparent trend scares me...

840e

New

Post by 840e » Sat May 14, 2011 10:16 am

Last edited by 840e on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 pm

840e wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
840e wrote:

I am sorry if you misunderstood me... of course I am taking Dean Cornblatt at his word... I meant "this" for the whole paragraph where i began with 'I think the PT program may be done with movement". As for positivity, I agree with you post-June stats are weak. However, if you look through the thread last year, you won't see huge numbers of people getting the 'we have spots, you interested' and 'hope next time i write you it begins with congrats' where it didn't work out. I don't understand why GULC would bother with sending positive feed back if it didn't mean anything. In fact, it is kind of cruel- they know law school applicants (esp. waitlist applicants) are a sensitive bunch who are going to read into and analyze every sentence...those kind of letters most likely generate more calls, locis, etc. (from people who got the letters and those that didn't but want to make sure the office is aware they are still interested). Those responses, the office is going to have to file and respond to... it doesn't make sense to create more work for nothing. We will see! Hopefully, there will be movement!
You lost me on the Dean Cornblatt statement?! I do think there will be more openings though but not the "large" amount you were referring to initially. Hope I am wrong.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Tue May 17, 2011 12:01 am

I withdrew from GULC today and hopefully opened up a spot for someone in this thread. Good luck to you folks! DC is amazing!

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 pm

The Gentleman wrote:I withdrew from GULC today and hopefully opened up a spot for someone in this thread. Good luck to you folks! DC is amazing!
Good luck at Harvard!

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Mon May 23, 2011 7:54 am

That 5/24 deadline for news is coming up. Anyone want to give odds on the update?

10:1 No plans to take large numbers off the WL at this time.

planQ

Bronze

Post by planQ » Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 pm

bigjinjapan wrote:
+1 But I would LOVE to be wrong!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

happyfeet

New

Post by happyfeet » Mon May 23, 2011 12:43 pm

just an fyi - second deposits aren't due until next week but dean cornblatt sent an email today asking (very politely, as usual) if we could confirm whether or not we will indeed be making the deposit/attending gulc. depending on the responses, perhaps there might be some WL movement soon!

j12

Bronze

Post by j12 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:58 pm

happyfeet wrote:just an fyi - second deposits aren't due until next week but dean cornblatt sent an email today asking (very politely, as usual) if we could confirm whether or not we will indeed be making the deposit/attending gulc. depending on the responses, perhaps there might be some WL movement soon!
So tomorrow's email will be, "hey we don't really have any news for you today, but we're hoping we might next week." Then next week's email will be "Despite using three wait lists, we aren't planning on actually letting anyone in off them."

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 pm

I think a few people will get good news and then the rest will be told to wait until after second deposit. It is a tough situation for waitlisters and GULC. In a few weeks people will also have to release schools if they multiple deposited as LSAC will release names with more than one deposit.
Last edited by Emma1 on Wed May 25, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcdc

New

Post by jcdc » Mon May 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Is June 1st the second and final GULC deposit deadline? Or is there a third?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Tue May 24, 2011 11:11 am

jcdc wrote:Is June 1st the second and final GULC deposit deadline? Or is there a third?
I believe there are only two.

planQ

Bronze

Post by planQ » Tue May 24, 2011 8:41 pm

bigjinjapan wrote:That 5/24 deadline for news is coming up. Anyone want to give odds on the update?

I thought it was 5/26?

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed May 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Just received another non update update

I hope this message finds you well and enjoying the summer. As
promised, I'm writing to give you an update on the waiting list
situation at Georgetown University Law Center.

Although this e-mail didn't begin with the word "Congratulations,"
I'm still hopeful that good news will arrive soon. Unfortunately,
our June 1 deposit deadline is still a week away, and, while I had
hoped to know more by now, it's still too soon to know what spaces
will become available. I do think it is more likely than not that
there will be at least a few openings but I'm just not sure right now.

Even though we've asked before, we know that deadlines loom for you,
and your plans may have changed. So, would you please e-mail us once
more confirming your level of interest? Since it's getting late in
the cycle, please note that the Committee will only be interested in
offering spaces to those who, if admitted, would be sure to enroll at
Georgetown.

As you know by now, we like to keep in touch-I will send you an
update by June 7 at the very latest, but I'm hopeful that I'll have
news for you earlier. If you can't wait until then, let us know. If
there are any changes in your law school enrollment plans or summer
contact info, please let us know by email to lawwaitlist@law.
georgetown.edu

Sincerely,

Andy

sambeber

Bronze

Post by sambeber » Wed May 25, 2011 1:18 pm

I got this slightly different one...

I hope this message finds you well and enjoying the summer. As
promised, I'm writing to give you an update on the waiting list
situation at Georgetown University Law Center.

Unfortunately, it's still too soon to know what spaces will become
available since our deposit deadline is still a week away, and, while
I had hoped to know more by now, it's still too soon to know for sure.

Even though we've asked before, we know that deadlines loom for you,
and your plans may have changed. So, would you please e-mail us
once more confirming your level of interest? Since it's getting late
in the cycle, please note that the Committee will only be interested
in offering spaces to those who, if admitted, would be sure to enroll
at Georgetown.

As you know by now, we like to keep in touch-I will send you an
update by June 10 at the very latest, but I'm hopeful that I'll have
news for you earlier. If you can't wait until then, let us know. If
there are any changes in your law school enrollment plans or summer
contact info, please let us know by email to lawwaitlist@law.
georgetown.edu

Warm Regards,

Sophia

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LSATurday

New

Post by LSATurday » Wed May 25, 2011 1:22 pm

I got the email from Sophia.

Which is better? ahhhh over analyze time.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Dean Cornblatt?

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed May 25, 2011 1:42 pm

LSATurday wrote:I got the email from Sophia.

Which is better? ahhhh over analyze time.
Did you get the previous email form andy saying that he hoped the next email he sends begins with the word congratulations? the reference to that email seems to be the only difference between the two.

Whatever, I'm done with the school.

sambeber

Bronze

Post by sambeber » Wed May 25, 2011 1:54 pm

I got the one you're referring to from Andy, as well as the most recent one from Sophia.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”