2011 GULC Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
late_app

New

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Post by late_app » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Emma1 wrote:
loblaw wrote:
Dear Loblaw,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

Although we had hoped to be writing to you by today with good news, the response to our second deposit deadline last week was stronger than expected. We ended up admitting only a very few students to the class. You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available. We promise to update you every two weeks as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there's nothing new to report, but we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what's happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by July 12th at the latest.

Well sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keeping this group informed without promising that there will be openings. This lets people make their own decision as to how long they can hold on.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt
We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?
Sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keep this group updated without promising that a seat will open up. It lets students decide how long they can hold on before making rental committments elsewhere.

I just got this...is there still hope??

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing
today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

As you know, you were in a group we wanted to go to after our second
deposit deadline, if spaces opened up in the class. The response to
our second deposit deadline last week was, however, stronger than
expected and we ended up admitting only a very few students to the
class. It is still possible that a few spaces may open up in the next
few weeks and, if it does, we will of course be in touch as soon as
possible with an update. Otherwise, we promise to provide you with
another update on June 20th and promise you a much more definitive
answer by July 12th at the latest.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown,
and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt

late_app

New

Post by late_app » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Anyone else get this last email?

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 pm

late_app wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
loblaw wrote:
Dear Loblaw,

I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer. I'm writing today to once again update you on Georgetown's wait list situation.

Although we had hoped to be writing to you by today with good news, the response to our second deposit deadline last week was stronger than expected. We ended up admitting only a very few students to the class. You continue to be part of a very small group to whom we will go first should any spaces become available. We promise to update you every two weeks as we closely watch the class. It is possible that our updates could just be to tell you there's nothing new to report, but we do want to keep communicating with you to let you know what's happening on our end just the same. We promise you a much more definitive answer by July 12th at the latest.

Well sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keeping this group informed without promising that there will be openings. This lets people make their own decision as to how long they can hold on.

As always, I thank you for your patience and interest in Georgetown, and wish you a terrific summer.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt
We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?
Sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keep this group updated without promising that a seat will open up. It lets students decide how long they can hold on before making rental committments elsewhere.

Best,

Andy Cornblatt
It does sound better but how many can wait until mid July to put a deposit on housing at their "other law school"

late_app

New

Post by late_app » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Best,

Andy Cornblatt[/quote]

We will hear from him every two weeks before July 12th--that is just the date he promises a "much more definitive answer," which I would assume to include some waitlist axes?[/quote]

Sounds like Dean Cornblatt is trying to be fair and keep this group updated without promising that a seat will open up. It lets students decide how long they can hold on before making rental committments elsewhere.[/quote]

Best,

Andy Cornblatt[/quote]

It does sound better but how many can wait until mid July to put a deposit on housing at their "other law school"[/quote]

Well he mentions the 20th and I've waited this long...I'm going to stick it out.
Maybe, just maybe...

840e

New

Post by 840e » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Last edited by 840e on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jcdc

New

Post by jcdc » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:58 pm

840e wrote:For those who got in on Friday, what date do you have to get back to Gtown by?
Magnolia said June 13th

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:04 pm

I agree about the June date but mid July becomes more difficult for people who have to put down deposits on housing.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:07 pm

I got this horseshit email today:
I regret to inform you that the Committee on Admissions is unable to offer you admission to Georgetown University Law Center this fall. Your placement on the Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. Consequently, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you this year.

We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Associate Vice President for Graduate Admissions
GULC has had by far one of the most poorly managed wait lists I've seen.

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Wow, sorry flips. That really sucks. Weren't you SPWL?? So much for the WL tiers meaning anything at all.

At least you have NU...?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:43 pm

sorry flips, know how bad you wanted GULC...NU is not too shabby :)

I guess they're over deposited? doesn't make much sense given they just offered admissions on Friday.

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:01 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT FLIPS

i demand a recount.

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Flips88 wrote:I got this horseshit email today:
I regret to inform you that the Committee on Admissions is unable to offer you admission to Georgetown University Law Center this fall. Your placement on the Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. Consequently, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you this year.

We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Associate Vice President for Graduate Admissions
GULC has had by far one of the most poorly managed wait lists I've seen.
I feel for you, but I have to kind of disagree with this statement... I appreciate Cornblatt at least giving updates, I haven't heard a peep from more than five of the schools i've applied to this entire cycle after being placed on their waitlists...

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:24 am

I feel for you, but I have to kind of disagree with this statement... I appreciate Cornblatt at least giving updates, I haven't heard a peep from more than five of the schools i've applied to this entire cycle after being placed on their waitlists...
Agreed the idea of updates is nice, but I have a hard time arguing that the muddled and falsely hopeful updates they've been providing aren better than no updates at all. If the picture is really as unclear as it seems to be from the emails, it's better to just wait and send solid info when you've got it.

FWIW, I was in the 'small group' last week, didn't get tapped and had the latest email quoted above yesterday. If they send me another 'confirm your interest' email I'm liable to tell them what I really think :?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

late_app

New

Post by late_app » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:48 am

Did any of the last few admits get any finacial aid?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:58 am

bigjinjapan wrote:
Agreed the idea of updates is nice, but I have a hard time arguing that the muddled and falsely hopeful updates they've been providing aren better than no updates at all. If the picture is really as unclear as it seems to be from the emails, it's better to just wait and send solid info when you've got it.

FWIW, I was in the 'small group' last week, didn't get tapped and had the latest email quoted above yesterday. If they send me another 'confirm your interest' email I'm liable to tell them what I really think :?
Yeah I wouldn't have minded had I not been placed on the SPWL only to watch people be pulled from the PWL and regular WL while I was writing strongly worded LOCI emails only to have them never answered or anything. I sent Sophia Sim 3 or 4 emails and never once heard a peep. I'll admit that once I got into NU my active pursuit of GULC dropped and that's probably why they axed me, but I think having like 8 subtle variations in the update you are sending is jerking people around and well, if you have a SPWL and don't use it as special then what's the point?

Good luck to anyone remaining.

cubbycake725

New

Post by cubbycake725 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 am

Flips88 wrote: Yeah I wouldn't have minded had I not been placed on the SPWL only to watch people be pulled from the PWL and regular WL while I was writing strongly worded LOCI emails only to have them never answered or anything. I sent Sophia Sim 3 or 4 emails and never once heard a peep. I'll admit that once I got into NU my active pursuit of GULC dropped and that's probably why they axed me, but I think having like 8 subtle variations in the update you are sending is jerking people around and well, if you have a SPWL and don't use it as special then what's the point?

Good luck to anyone remaining.

Same here. I was on SPWL but I got the rejection email yesterday. Despite the numerous LOCIs I never got any of the small group emails. If they were going to ignore me like that, why put me on SPWL in the first place!!......... :(

Well at least this whole charade is over.
Good luck to the rest of you all.

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:38 am

late_app wrote:Did any of the last few admits get any finacial aid?
Haven't even seen the packet in the mail yet... hopefully it comes today.

Edit: On that note, has anyone else who was admitted Friday received the stuff in the mail yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

grifter1910

New

Post by grifter1910 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:02 pm

sreichel wrote:

Edit: On that note, has anyone else who was admitted Friday received the stuff in the mail yet?
Nothin' yet, but I live in Chicago and the mail service here is atrocious. Anyone else?

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 pm

grifter1910 wrote:
sreichel wrote:

Nothin' yet, but I live in Chicago and the mail service here is atrocious. Anyone else?
Nothing in NYC either.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Did anyone else not receive any sort of update at all? (whether rejection admit or a we will provide an other update "update")

sargell83

Bronze

Post by sargell83 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:11 pm

splitmuch wrote:Did anyone else not receive any sort of update at all? (whether rejection admit or a we will provide an other update "update")
i got an update from Andy on tuesday saying they'll let me know more by July 12th and "a much more definitive answer" by July 29th

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:37 pm

sargell83 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:Did anyone else not receive any sort of update at all? (whether rejection admit or a we will provide an other update "update")
i got an update from Andy on tuesday saying they'll let me know more by July 12th and "a much more definitive answer" by July 29th
ya i didnt even get that

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:22 pm

FWIW, I just talked to the office and they said anyone who received the acceptance on Friday had their stuff go into the mail June 6th (Monday), so I would think we'll be receiving it either today or Friday. She wouldn't tell me what it said though :shock:
Last edited by sreichel on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:20 pm

so no word on scholarship money?

sreichel

Bronze

Post by sreichel » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Emma1 wrote:so no word on scholarship money?
No word

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”