2011 GULC Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
msridiculous447

Bronze

Re: 2011 GULC Waitlist

Post by msridiculous447 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Flips88 wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote::/ wheres my email?
I'm PWL and I didn't get anything either. Last time they sent an email out to the waitlist some people didn't get it until the following day (I was one of them), so I'm hoping that's the deal again.
This doesn't seem like an email that went to everyone. It seems like it's been sent to people they'd like to admit if they given them a solid commitment to attend. I'm SPWL and have yet to receive an email, but I know one person on SPWL that has gotten it already.
Ah, well that's disappointing. I'm still hoping maybe I just haven't received it yet.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Flips88 wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote::/ wheres my email?
I'm PWL and I didn't get anything either. Last time they sent an email out to the waitlist some people didn't get it until the following day (I was one of them), so I'm hoping that's the deal again.
This doesn't seem like an email that went to everyone. It seems like it's been sent to people they'd like to admit if they given them a solid commitment to attend. I'm SPWL and have yet to receive an email, but I know one person on SPWL that has gotten it already.
While I think that makes sense, I don't get why I get this email after I got regular WL in the first place (complete with the "no really, you should go ahead and deposit somewhere else" line). Annoying.

Colorado31

New

Post by Colorado31 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Seems to me like they want some high LSATs, based on this sample group in receipt.

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Based on the people who have been getting off the WL so far, it doesn't seem like the SPWL/PWL/WL designation really means that much. If you got this most recent email and are on the regular WL, I'd consider you ahead of anyone on any of the other lists who didn't get the email.

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Colorado31 wrote:Seems to me like they want some high LSATs, based on this sample group in receipt.
It's definitely not LSAT in my case.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:51 pm

msridiculous447 wrote:Based on the people who have been getting off the WL so far, it doesn't seem like the SPWL/PWL/WL designation really means that much. If you got this most recent email and are on the regular WL, I'd consider you ahead of anyone on any of the other lists who didn't get the email.
I mean I agree, I just think that if that is the case its dumb that they sent this in the first place.

You should be aware, however, that we do maintain a separate category of applicants who have been placed on the Preferred Waiting List who will be given priority consideration if spaces become available in the first year class. For this reason, it is advisable that Waiting List candidates make deposits and fulfill the requirements to secure a place at another law school

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:52 pm

loblaw wrote:
Colorado31 wrote:Seems to me like they want some high LSATs, based on this sample group in receipt.

While in my case its probably partially the LSAT I think its more my looks.

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 pm

splitmuch wrote:
loblaw wrote:

While in my case its probably partially the LSAT I think its more my looks.
I'm convinced I was selected for my junk in the trunk.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 pm

loblaw wrote:
splitmuch wrote: While in my case its probably partially the LSAT I think its more my looks.
TIWWOP

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:57 pm

splitmuch wrote:
msridiculous447 wrote:Based on the people who have been getting off the WL so far, it doesn't seem like the SPWL/PWL/WL designation really means that much. If you got this most recent email and are on the regular WL, I'd consider you ahead of anyone on any of the other lists who didn't get the email.
I mean I agree, I just think that if that is the case its dumb that they sent this in the first place.

You should be aware, however, that we do maintain a separate category of applicants who have been placed on the Preferred Waiting List who will be given priority consideration if spaces become available in the first year class. For this reason, it is advisable that Waiting List candidates make deposits and fulfill the requirements to secure a place at another law school
Yeah, that's exactly my point. If they're going to go to the trouble to divide up the waitlist in S/P/WL and send separate and unique emails to each group, why just chuck the whole system even before the deposit deadline? I could understand abandoning it if we're into July or something, but at this point it just seems like the three waitlists are basically meaningless from the outset.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Flips88 wrote:
loblaw wrote:
splitmuch wrote: While in my case its probably partially the LSAT I think its more my looks.
TIWWOP

Slightly disturbed you quoted both of us.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:01 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
loblaw wrote:
TIWWOP

Slightly disturbed you quoted both of us.
Just keeping errybody honest.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Does anyone know if people getting in off the WL are getting money. My response was essentially "you told me to deposit elsewhere so I did at a peer institution. If admitted I will strongly consider GULC but my decision make come down to $$."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:07 pm

splitmuch wrote:Does anyone know if people getting in off the WL are getting money. My response was essentially "you told me to deposit elsewhere so I did at a peer institution. If admitted I will strongly consider GULC but my decision make come down to $$."
So far it doesn't seem like people getting in off the WL are reporting getting any $$$. But if they're looking for big numbers they might give you some money because of your LSAT.

loblaw

Bronze

Post by loblaw » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:08 pm

splitmuch wrote:Does anyone know if people getting in off the WL are getting money. My response was essentially "you told me to deposit elsewhere so I did at a peer institution. If admitted I will strongly consider GULC but my decision make come down to $$."
I have only heard of this in YP cases and a few exceptional ones where people are able to negotiate existing offers after they received the offer from the waitlist.

kfresha

New

Post by kfresha » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm

I got the e-mail too (PWL). My LSAT is nothing special BUT I do currently attend Georgetown, so maybe that gave me a little bump :wink:

And I'm fairly cute I guess...

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 pm

kfresha wrote:I got the e-mail too (PWL). My LSAT is nothing special BUT I do currently attend Georgetown, so maybe that gave me a little bump :wink:

"Fairly cute?" GTFO you beastly creature

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kfresha

New

Post by kfresha » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:41 pm

splitmuch wrote:
kfresha wrote:I got the e-mail too (PWL). My LSAT is nothing special BUT I do currently attend Georgetown, so maybe that gave me a little bump :wink:

"Fairly cute?" GTFO you beastly creature
:lol:

NewIvy

New

Post by NewIvy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:15 pm

How long were your responses to the email?

gfunkera86

New

Post by gfunkera86 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:36 pm

I applied to both full and part-time programs but only received the email in regards to the PT program. I was placed initially on the un-special regular old wait list.

Greetings from Georgetown. As we begin processing our tuition
deposits, the Committee on Admissions anticipates that we may have a
small handful of spaces in the part-time program. We have
identified your application as part of a small group that the
Committee will be reviewing. At their request, I am contacting you
since you indicated on your application form that you would like to
be considered for "both" the full-time and part-time programs.
Currently, there's very little movement in the full time program. At
this stage, we are interested in only offering these spaces to those
who are seriously interested in joining our part-time program.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible confirming
your level of interest. Either way, we will provide an update by May
Best,

Andy

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:52 pm

I got in off the SPWL and tried to negotiate with them but didn't get anything. I think unless your numbers are rockin you won't get too much dough.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bigjinjapan

Bronze

Post by bigjinjapan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:34 pm

Vanilla WL here got the email as well. I figure it's better to play it safe and say 'ZOMG I rly wanna goooo!!1!' rather than stonewall for money at this stage. If they do admit me I'll definitely try to push for some money before I send my deposit though (betting they'll have more motivation to work with me at that point).

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 am

gfunkera86 wrote:I applied to both full and part-time programs but only received the email in regards to the PT program. I was placed initially on the un-special regular old wait list.

Greetings from Georgetown. As we begin processing our tuition
deposits, the Committee on Admissions anticipates that we may have a
small handful of spaces in the part-time program. We have
identified your application as part of a small group that the
Committee will be reviewing. At their request, I am contacting you
since you indicated on your application form that you would like to
be considered for "both" the full-time and part-time programs.
Currently, there's very little movement in the full time program. At
this stage, we are interested in only offering these spaces to those
who are seriously interested in joining our part-time program.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible confirming
your level of interest. Either way, we will provide an update by May
Best,

Andy
Sounds like the class is full...?

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:14 am

Perch wrote:Sounds like the class is full...?
? From the other email they sent out it sounds like theyre bullshiting the people who applied to both.

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:48 am

splitmuch wrote:
Perch wrote:Sounds like the class is full...?
? From the other email they sent out it sounds like theyre bullshiting the people who applied to both.
Yeah...if they can get some people who applied to both to commit to PT they can open up more spaces in the FT program.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”