Berkeley 2011 Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
czelede

Silver

Re: Berkeley 2011 Waitlist

Post by czelede » Tue May 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Well, the final confirmation isn't due until June 1st, so I'm guessing there will definitely be some people who decide by then. Since Boalt doesn't have a deposit to tentatively confirm, I would imagine not everyone who has done so will definitely confirm come the end of the month.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Tue May 17, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm in love with Berkeley, but the way things are looking, I don't know if I could even manage a cross country move by this fall due to certain family obligations. I know a lot of schools simply don't allow deferrals for waitlist acceptees, anyone know if Berkeley is one of these schools? Nothing mentioned on their website about waitlist deferrals.

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:06 am

suspicious android wrote:I'm in love with Berkeley, but the way things are looking, I don't know if I could even manage a cross country move by this fall due to certain family obligations. I know a lot of schools simply don't allow deferrals for waitlist acceptees, anyone know if Berkeley is one of these schools? Nothing mentioned on their website about waitlist deferrals.
you should call and ask them this. at any rate, at least you will be more prepared to make a decision and offer a response should the time come - because if it does, you likely won't have much time to think it over i would imagine.

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:43 am

anyone hear anything yet? we are quickly approaching ...

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Tue May 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Just withdrew today. It was by far my most painful withdrawal, but I'm thinking I want to stay East. Good luck to the rest of you! I hope a fellow TLS-er gets my spot :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:13 pm

czelede wrote:Just withdrew today. It was by far my most painful withdrawal, but I'm thinking I want to stay East. Good luck to the rest of you! I hope a fellow TLS-er gets my spot :)

did you withdraw from the waitlist or from your acceptance?

good luck wherever you land!

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Tue May 31, 2011 3:15 pm

expat17 wrote:
czelede wrote:Just withdrew today. It was by far my most painful withdrawal, but I'm thinking I want to stay East. Good luck to the rest of you! I hope a fellow TLS-er gets my spot :)

did you withdraw from the waitlist or from your acceptance?

good luck wherever you land!
I withdrew from my acceptance (deadline is tomorrow at 5PM so I expect there will be some movement for you guys).

Thanks!

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 am

ok, we're now officially after June 1. can i get a bump?

(i know, over-eager beaver ... )

firework

New

Post by firework » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:35 am

I am sick with anticipation... Really hoping for some news soon. It appears in previous years those on the waitlist recieved a "Possible Wait List Action" email before any offers were made. I wonder if that will go out again this year.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:42 am

firework wrote:I am sick with anticipation... Really hoping for some news soon. It appears in previous years those on the waitlist recieved a "Possible Wait List Action" email before any offers were made. I wonder if that will go out again this year.
thanks for passing the information, good to know. i guess it's not a direct process and we should be expecting some sort of hint / anti-hint email before any moves are made ...

glad i'm not the only one sick with anticipation. i think i've consumed two cartons of ice cream over the last three days. and that's it. sometimes, i have to remind myself to breathe. this is getting bad.

although, this time last year first announcements (at least on TLS/LSN) were made June 3 ...

any speculations? looks like quite a few schools are actively using their waitlists this year. that. and i'm hoping speculation may help the time pass quicker ...

firework

New

Post by firework » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 am

expat17 wrote:although, this time last year first announcements (at least on TLS/LSN) were made June 3 ...

any speculations?

So i get this information from intense creeping of TLS archives, but last year the Possible Wait List Action emails went out 5/20 and first offers were made 6/3. The year before they went out 6/12 and the offers were made very soon after. Both years, I believe the response date to the waitlist offers was 6/14. I speculate that that's the next date we can look forward to...

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:08 pm

firework wrote:
expat17 wrote:although, this time last year first announcements (at least on TLS/LSN) were made June 3 ...

any speculations?

So i get this information from intense creeping of TLS archives, but last year the Possible Wait List Action emails went out 5/20 and first offers were made 6/3. The year before they went out 6/12 and the offers were made very soon after. Both years, I believe the response date to the waitlist offers was 6/14. I speculate that that's the next date we can look forward to...
my heart just sunk.

either this year they already know they will/will not be using the waitlist and will be going straight to the punch with individual apps, or ... i need to buy more ice cream. i hope it's the former.

anyone venture to call yet? a friend who applied 2 years ago told me that they called for an update at some point ... not on their individual file but at least on whether or not they are even planning to use the WL. considering the activity for WL at other comparable schools ... I am hoping that answer is yes ....

firework

New

Post by firework » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:30 pm

I don't think it's heart sinking time yet... we still have a couple of weeks, historically speaking. Never give up hope!

Or do, whatever... but i'm sticking this one out until the bitter end. Berkeley is my dream of dreams!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wyoung

New

Post by wyoung » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Got a call from Dean Tom!!! Still pinching myself...

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 pm

wyoung wrote:Got a call from Dean Tom!!! Still pinching myself...
Congratulations! Good to hear calls are coming out. Were you in the first quartile? Any interesting information offered?

wyoung

New

Post by wyoung » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Thank you! Yes, first quartile. Am supposed to email him with my decision this week.
Good luck to everyone still waiting!

firework

New

Post by firework » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:03 pm

I just got the call this morning as well. In and definitely attending. So, so excited.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wyoung

New

Post by wyoung » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:02 pm

firework wrote:I just got the call this morning as well. In and definitely attending. So, so excited.
Congratulations!! :) Maybe I'll see you there!

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:14 pm

firework wrote:I just got the call this morning as well. In and definitely attending. So, so excited.
congrats! were you 1st q as well?

firework

New

Post by firework » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Yes, 1st quartile. My status checker changed right after, still waiting on the email and dean Tom said I will get a packet in the mail later this week.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Wonder how many invitations were sent out today. Disappointed I didn't get one.:( Must have been in the later part of the first quartile, second octile, maybe.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Salty

New

Post by Salty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:49 am

In off of the waitlist as well!

I missed the call because I was at work. Firework and wyoung, do either of you know when we will find out if we qualify for need based aid?

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Salty wrote:In off of the waitlist as well!

I missed the call because I was at work. Firework and wyoung, do either of you know when we will find out if we qualify for need based aid?
congrats salty, firework, and wyoung!!

can i ask - were all three of you high LSAT-ers?

(gauging whether hope is left ... )

wyoung

New

Post by wyoung » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Salty wrote:In off of the waitlist as well!

Congrats! No, unfortunately I don't have any info on qualifying for need-based aid. Maybe try e-mailing or calling the office?

Thanks, Expat17! Nope, I was not a high LSAT-er. PM if you want more details, lol.

Salty

New

Post by Salty » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks wyoung!

And expat I'm above their 75th for LSAT. Let me know if you would like to know anything else!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”