Michigan "Hold" Email Folks

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
whitman

Michigan "Hold" Email Folks

Postby whitman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:11 am

Who's still out there without a decision?

Applied 10/18, got the email, nada.

Let's check in and bitch.

tea_drinker

Re: Michigan "Hold" Email Folks

Postby tea_drinker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:32 am

checking in. From the other Michigan thread, it seems like Dean Z is viewing apps that were completed on 1/20. Maybe she wants to view new apps first before going back to view our files.

HuberttheDim

Postby HuberttheDim » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:38 am

tea_drinker wrote:it seems like Dean Z is viewing apps that were completed on 1/20. Maybe she wants to view new apps first before going back to view our files.

That is my interpretation. Taking stock of the entire applicant pool before returning to the apps that have already made it through one round.

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:40 am

I knew this thread would come eventually. PLEASEEEEE... Michigan please.....

bmore

Postby bmore » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:42 am

I have to think it is YP. Would love to put U of M in the equation but I can get over it.

duckmoney

Postby duckmoney » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 am

Applied mid October, got the email, haven't heard yet. Frustrating, because I can count about 30 people on LSN with equal or worse numbers who got in (but I don't have YP numbers).

FWIW I had a friend who got the same email (although his numbers are a bit lower) call them up because he had a scholarship deadline and wanted a decision. Dean Z said something to the extent of "we can probably have some good news for you soon." Since then, nothing.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 am

bmore wrote:I have to think it is YP. Would love to put U of M in the equation but I can get over it.

I don't think it is totally YP, since I don't have numbers for YP. Although, I had some C&F issues from undergrad, so those might be contributing factors.

whitman

Postby whitman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 am

duckmoney wrote:Applied mid October, got the email, haven't heard yet. Frustrating, because I can count about 30 people on LSN with equal or worse numbers who got in (but I don't have YP numbers).
FWIW I had a friend who got the same email (although his numbers are a bit lower) call them up because he had a scholarship deadline and wanted a decision. Dean Z said something to the extent of "we can probably have some good news for you soon." Since then, nothing.

You and me both brother. Fingers crossed.

Dinho

Postby Dinho » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Applied ED 9/5, deferred 12/10, got the hold email.

I saw a spreadsheet of last years activity and it seems there is a mass waitlist day coming in the next couple weeks. Unfortunately I can't make it any clearer that I would unhesitatingly commit to Michigan if I got admitted, so I'm proof this isn't just YP.

whitman

Postby whitman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Dinho wrote:Applied ED 9/5, deferred 12/10, got the hold email.

I saw a spreadsheet of last years activity and it seems there is a mass waitlist day coming in the next couple weeks. Unfortunately I can't make it any clearer that I would unhesitatingly commit to Michigan if I got admitted, so I'm proof this isn't just YP.

GTFO with your depressing facts and buzzkilling ways.

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 pm

applied on Halloween. Got the quasi-hold. Nothing since. I sent updated graduate degree grades.

I'm a super numerical reach, so I'm just happy to be alive...

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:26 pm

Is it the only place you applied?

Haliburton

Postby Haliburton » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 pm

Applied 11/20, status checker 12/22, got the hold email. Nothing since.

My numbers are more borderline than they are YP. I'm pretty much giving up hope.

Dinho

Postby Dinho » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Law Sauce wrote:

No, I'm waitlisted at UVA and still processing at Cornell, but even money (which wouldn't happen) from either of those wouldn't tempt me over Michigan. And I didn't mean to be a buzzkill!

OrdinarilySkilled

Postby OrdinarilySkilled » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:41 pm

I don't meet the titles criteria but I'm goin to throw it out there - I applied 11/8 and havent heard a damn thing besides the worthless status checker -I didn't get the hold email. I guess I am going to be WL but I don't know why it takes 4 months to inform me of this. I want an apology in the form of a hold email.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

11/1 submit, got the status checker toward the end of November. No action since the hold e-mail.

I already wrote a Why Mich essay, so i haven't sent any additional materials.

whitman

Postby whitman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Dinho wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:

No, I'm waitlisted at UVA and still processing at Cornell, but even money (which wouldn't happen) from either of those wouldn't tempt me over Michigan. And I didn't mean to be a buzzkill!

Just kidding. Good luck with Michigan. I hope they reward your passion.

bmore

Postby bmore » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:48 pm

tea_drinker wrote:
bmore wrote:I have to think it is YP. Would love to put U of M in the equation but I can get over it.

I don't think it is totally YP, since I don't have numbers for YP. Although, I had some C&F issues from undergrad, so those might be contributing factors.

I am sure we all have different situations. I had never heard of YP before but other than that I am scratching my head. Of course maybe my essays were just lame :mrgreen:

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Applied 11/2. Sent a LOCI 2 days ago, plan on riding out WL if I get put on it.

mgregory3203

Postby mgregory3203 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Got the hold email back in early January, and got a financial aid email today so I checked the admitted students website and was able to log in, but I haven't received any other info. It looks like I'm in and they might be starting to review some of the held applications, for what that's worth. I'm stoked, but my wife hates the cold so now I have to sell her on the upper midwest! Good luck to everybody with all of your choices, PM me for any more detailed info

hoopla14

Postby hoopla14 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Applied early Nov., heard nothing. Expecting a WL/ding at this point, though I'm above both 75%.

hoopla14

Postby hoopla14 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:07 pm

Meant to add: someone explained at some point how little UM has to gain from YPing - I found that convincing. So WL/ding for me for some other reason.

St.Remy

Postby St.Remy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:14 pm

I was part of the 10/26 group where no one seemed to receive an answer, then I got the hold email. I had resigned myself to the waitlist but I checked the admitted students site yesterday and it worked, so apparently I have an acceptance letter on the way. So if you're still waiting, don't write the school off yet: they are still sending out acceptances for people who applied a long time ago.

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Applied ED in september, deferred, got the hold email. still nothing.

I think they would have dinged me by now if they were going to (hopefully)...I'm a splitter though so I'm expecting to be part of the big waitlist wave coming up :/

i would sacrifice a few fingers for an acceptance though haha

letsdoit

Postby letsdoit » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:17 pm

25th LSAT/75th GPA and went complete nov 8. Got the hold e-mail and sent updated accomplishments and LOCI 2 weeks ago. Crickets since.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”