Yield Protection?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Yield Protection?

Postby kelslater » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:54 am

I am new to TLS, but after scouring the message boards am not really sure what to think/ do about my situation. I have good numbers, 178/3.86, but only mediocre softs. I only applied to schools in California (where I'm from and go to school now) and NYU/Columbia. I was recently accepted to both schools in NY, yet I am concerned because I have yet to hear back from UCLA and USC, which are the schools I most see myself attending (I like LA). Also, I applied to both LA schools about a month before Columbia. Is it possible that (like other things in CA) the process is just that much slower? I hate to feel assured that this is YP, but if so, is there a way to inform UCLA especially that it is one of my top choices... before I am waitlisted (LOCI). I really would like to have my options as early as possible. Thanks.

Re: Yield Protection?

Postby jwmalone87 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 am

Both CA schools are absurdly slow. But it's not too late to supplement your apps with some badass "Why X" essays. You'll be a shoe-in if you do.

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:58 am

Write a one-page addendum about why you want to go to school in LA, and send it in ASAP.

Postby helloperson » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 am

Adjudicator wrote:Write a one-page addendum about why you want to go to school in LA, and send it in ASAP.

Definitely do this. USC isn't known for YP so much as UCLA, but there's a reasonable chance you will taste the sweet taste of YP if you don't.

Postby tttlllsss » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:17 am

i hope you brought your umbrella, cause it's gonna rain when USC/UCLA take you off the YP list

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”