This must stop!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
enida10

Re: This must stop!

Postby enida10 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Gah!

Tulsa, McGeorge, Mercy, leave me alone!

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:23 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Please tell me others just got that creeptastic "You've impressed McGeorge" email.

+1

Everything about this is terrifying. The third person, the name McGeorge, the other e-mails like, WHERE IS YOUR APP?!?!?! I am not far enough away from Sacramento to feel safe...

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Knock wrote:
helloperson wrote:Image

I didn't apply to any of these god damn schools, and every time I get an email with "law" in the title my heart skips a beat. These emails seem to be coming in droves today.

"Is This You, Knock?"

-McGeorge

Oh McGeorge :lol:

Flett

Postby Flett » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:29 pm

enida10 wrote:Gah!

Every time I get the Mercy (UDM) one I get dyslexic and excited b/c I think it's Maryland... :oops:

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Flett wrote:

Every time I get the Mercy (UDM) one I get dyslexic and excited b/c I think it's Maryland... :oops:

I had a major moment with that a few weeks ago. Made me full of irrational hatred for UDM.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Flett wrote:

That happened to me with WUSTL and St. Louis.

ukgrad

Postby ukgrad » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:51 pm

buckilaw wrote:Ya. I was hoping most of this spam would end soon, with app deadlines coming up.

You haven't gotten the "We've extended our deadline" emails yet.

enida10

Postby enida10 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Flett wrote:

The schools I applied to don't have D or M in their abbreviations and I STILL get excited then disappointed when I see these!

alexb

Postby alexb » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:55 pm

"You're an impressive individual, and I think you have what it takes to join the community of bright legal scholars at Pacific McGeorge Law School" (McGeorge).

:mrgreen:

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:57 pm

send them a poite email stating your intent to enroll at another school, and ask that you be removed from future email listings.

if that doesnt work, write to all of the admissions staff

that doesnt work, fire back with thanks but no thanks im going to _____________-

wileyman02

Postby wileyman02 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:23 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
Knock wrote:

I didn't apply to any of these god damn schools, and every time I get an email with "law" in the title my heart skips a beat. These emails seem to be coming in droves today.

"Is This You, Knock?"

-McGeorge

Oh McGeorge :lol:

The scary part is that McGeorge has our home addresses. They will come for us; don't think for a minute that they won't. Sleep with one eye open, TLSers.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:34 pm

As a Midwesterner, I've been absolutely showered with UDM email. Catholic University's are the freaking best, though. And not just because the "sender" shows up in my inbox as butts@law.edu.

okay maybe it is

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Is this how it is every year?

DocHawkeye

Postby DocHawkeye » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:29 pm

incompetentia wrote:As a Midwesterner, I've been absolutely showered with UDM email. Catholic University's are the freaking best, though. And not just because the "sender" shows up in my inbox as butts@law.edu.

okay maybe it is

Aparently its been a very long day because this just made me laught out loud in a classroom full of students taking an exam. They are all staring at me right now.

meh3884

Postby meh3884 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:37 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
chasgoose wrote:
Knock wrote:Image

OMG McGeorge's are really creepy...

McGeorge's are so aggressive! "WHERE IS YOUR APP?!"

And yet they can't bother to let any of us know when our apps are ALREADY ON THEIR DESKS

DubPoker

Postby DubPoker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:58 am

prezidentv8 wrote:I'd kind of like to see one of these creepy McGeorge e-mails. I only received spam from online law schools during my app cycle. Well, online law schools and Quinnipac.

McGeorge has been the only school spamming me consistently.

It started with....

You're it, Christopher
You seem like just the kind of bright legal mind we're looking for at Pacific McGeorge Law School - that's why I'm personally requesting that you apply for admission.

after that didn't work they tried...

High-caliber students like you ...
are of special interest to us here at McGeorge School of Law.

When that didn't work, they really uped the creep factor...

I want to review your application
In just a few weeks, my admission staff and I will be reviewing applications for the fall, and I sincerely hope to see yours.

Somehow they get a little creepier...

Interested in you
I'm looking for bright future lawyers to attend Pacific McGeorge School of Law, and I'm glad I discovered you.

They follow up with more odd creepiness

Looking for Christopher's application (like they lost it?)
I've been looking for your application, and I hope to begin reviewing it soon.

Finally the last one before I realized I could unsubscribe is actually normall

You've impressed McGeorge Law School
You're an impressive individual

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:11 am

Knock wrote:

"Is This You, Knock?"

-McGeorge

THEY KNOW YOUR TLS NAME, TOO?!?!?!

Punisha20

Postby Punisha20 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:51 am

Just looked through my E-mails, McGeorge E-mails me every 5 days. My favorite creepy McGeorge moment is when they sent me an e-mail with a subject like that said "Looking for (Insert my name)'s application". Thats kinda creepy, I mean why are they looking for it? I'm sure there's a better way to word that, or ask me to send in an app.

Flett

Postby Flett » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:42 am

incompetentia wrote: And not just because the "sender" shows up in my inbox as butts@law.edu.

okay maybe it is

I never even noticed that. :lol:

dc1s

Postby dc1s » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 am

Last edited by dc1s on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:37 am

McCreeper keeps emailing me too. I asked them if they'd pay my $12 reporting fee but they never got back to me. Oh well. I was hoping they'd pay that kind of attention to me on campus too.

I could wake up with the Dean of Admissions in my bed, Burger King style. "Good morning Lisjjen, is that you?"

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:42 am

When my husband was applying to UoP's pharmacy school (which is much better than their law school), they were the same way.

McGeorge was the only school to have a hand-written note attached to my admissions letter though. It referenced my PS and was very neat and individual, much the same way their undergraduate and pharmacy schools are.

I don't think it's creepy. I actually kind of think it's really cool... but to each his/her own :D

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:44 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:When my husband was applying to UoP's pharmacy school (which is much better than their law school), they were the same way.

McGeorge was the only school to have a hand-written note attached to my admissions letter though. It referenced my PS and was very neat and individual, much the same way their undergraduate and pharmacy schools are.

I don't think it's creepy. I actually kind of think it's really cool... but to each his/her own :D

Handwritten note attached to admissions letter =/= dozens of unsolicited emails

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 am

Knock wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:When my husband was applying to UoP's pharmacy school (which is much better than their law school), they were the same way.

Handwritten note attached to admissions letter =/= dozens of unsolicited emails

Well, perhaps, but the rest of the it is about on-par. The emails about "where has your app gone??" or "we miss you, come back and finish your app!" and things like that.

Even withdrawing my acceptance from them was a heart-wrenching affair with lots of sad verbiage, they make it very personal... something this process could use more of. But... again... to each his/her own!

whirledpeas86

Postby whirledpeas86 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:13 am

McGeorge is by far the creepiest. Just check out these subject lines.

--ImageRemoved--

I get McGeorge, you're into me. Now please give up.

Though I must give them props for their incredibly optimistic emails...

Don't worry guys, my application must have just crossed paths with your millionth creepy email! <3

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”