Berkeley CR 2!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
khodorko
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby khodorko » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Submitted 12/16, UR 12/20

sinkorswm
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 am

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby sinkorswm » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:50 am

khodorko wrote:Submitted 12/16, UR 12/20


+1

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Did anyone else update from 2/14 to 2/17 today?

Escuate
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 am

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby Escuate » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:29 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Did anyone else update from 2/14 to 2/17 today?



Same here...

Salty
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:47 am

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby Salty » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:30 pm

I updated to 2/17 as well

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Ok so it is probably nothing. Just probably means we officially went under review as they released CR1 decisions today.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby sanguar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Hmmm.. still at 2/14 here, though it's still only 3:30 there right now. And I suppose it's possible that they don't start reviewing ALL the CR2 files on the same day (right?).

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby askyemcdonald » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:47 pm

sanguar wrote:Hmmm.. still at 2/14 here, though it's still only 3:30 there right now. And I suppose it's possible that they don't start reviewing ALL the CR2 files on the same day (right?).


Huh....I dont know then

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Also still at 2/14 in CR2.

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby sanguar » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Got the update to today.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby cardinals1989 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:19 pm

sanguar wrote:Got the update to today.


+1. Now at IR 2/18.

lfp
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby lfp » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:22 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
sanguar wrote:Got the update to today.


+1. Now at IR 2/18.


Me too. So excited; I didn't think I'd make it this far.

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby askyemcdonald » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Nice. Now we just have to wait 3 more weeks.... :shock:

User avatar
shatra
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby shatra » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:10 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:Nice. Now we just have to wait 3 more weeks.... :shock:


Just had to remind us...

WarioLaw
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby WarioLaw » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:33 pm

sanguar wrote:Got the update to today.


+1

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby cardinals1989 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:59 pm

These next two weeks are going to be an agonizing wait. At least we have a fairly firm date to look forward to, though. Besides B, I am only waiting on HYS, and lord knows when I will hear from any of them.

ppch
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 am

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby ppch » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:22 pm

WarioLaw wrote:
sanguar wrote:Got the update to today.


+1


+1 (tag)

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby askyemcdonald » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:13 pm

I like that there is a concrete date for a decision. It makes the wait so much easier.

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby Zabini » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 am

Checking in ITT as well, best of luck to everyone!!!

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby askyemcdonald » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:05 pm

11 days! :D

Hopefully they will come a little earlier like CR1

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby sanguar » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:13 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:11 days! :D

Hopefully they will come a little earlier like CR1


No kidding! I'm going to be at an ASW for Michigan on the 11th (and most of the 10th) and I know I'm going to be constantly distracted wondering about Berkeley if I haven't heard yet (even though Mich is my top choice).

User avatar
askyemcdonald
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby askyemcdonald » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:17 pm

sanguar wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:11 days! :D

Hopefully they will come a little earlier like CR1


No kidding! I'm going to be at an ASW for Michigan on the 11th (and most of the 10th) and I know I'm going to be constantly distracted wondering about Berkeley if I haven't heard yet (even though Mich is my top choice).


Jealous...wish I was going to the ASW for Michigan....

User avatar
HopelesslyOptimistic
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby HopelesslyOptimistic » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Need to vent-I feel like my emotions are being played with....my numbers are pretty damn low so I expected to be rejected right off the bat, didn't even think about Berkeley after I submitted my application. I only applied because I had that whole "well you just never know" mentality. And then I get the CR2 email, and I almost feel like they're giving me false hope. Just skimmed the "Berkeley non-CR thread" and lots of people with ridiculously high stats got dinged. I seriously do not understand what they are thinking/looking for when they review apps. If it's a ding then just do it, stop making me wait! I just wanna know already! lol

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:55 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:11 days! :D

Hopefully they will come a little earlier like CR1


That would be quite glorious. It has been awhile since I got my last decision...I need something to satiate me in the long cold, winter wait for HYS decisions.

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Berkeley CR 2!

Postby fish52 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:59 pm

HopelesslyOptimistic wrote:Need to vent-I feel like my emotions are being played with....my numbers are pretty damn low so I expected to be rejected right off the bat, didn't even think about Berkeley after I submitted my application. I only applied because I had that whole "well you just never know" mentality. And then I get the CR2 email, and I almost feel like they're giving me false hope. Just skimmed the "Berkeley non-CR thread" and lots of people with ridiculously high stats got dinged. I seriously do not understand what they are thinking/looking for when they review apps. If it's a ding then just do it, stop making me wait! I just wanna know already! lol

Berkeley is one of the few law schools that isn't completely full of it when they say that their application process is holistic. Shockingly different from other schools in the top 10 (*cough*), the Berkeley adcom actually reads your application, not just the LSAC summary that lists your LSAT score and GPA. The #s of people who have been dinged/accepted earlier in the cycle means little for your chance at admission. Just be proud that you are still in the game-- Dean Tom must see something that he likes!

Good luck!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2chainz_mang, Baby Gaga, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jdanz, Mr. Bubbles, premalone, Torres1893, xn3345 and 41 guests