IN at Vandy 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
backtothebeat
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby backtothebeat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm

decided to do the march ASW instead since i wanna give myself more time to make a decision haha. im staying with a student and going to the preds game, then probably heading back on saturday.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby akili » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Did anyone else just get like 5 emails from Vandy today!

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby pereira6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:47 pm

akili wrote:Did anyone else just get like 5 emails from Vandy today!


No, but I got a mailing yesterday!

Submitted my need-scholarship stuff today (just made the priority deadline!)...I wish got some Vandy e-mails!

What did yours say?

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby akili » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:47 pm

I received 4 today about ASWs. All in a weird font too. Especially weird since I already registered.

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby pereira6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:48 pm

akili wrote:I received 4 today about ASWs. All in a weird font too. Especially weird since I already registered.


What day?!

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby akili » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:49 pm

pereira6 wrote:
akili wrote:I received 4 today about ASWs. All in a weird font too. Especially weird since I already registered.


What day?!


April 8! Super psyched!!

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby sanguar » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah, I got those last week. I was trying to figure out why it required so many different ones. I'm in for the March ASW.

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby pereira6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:09 pm

akili wrote:
pereira6 wrote:
akili wrote:I received 4 today about ASWs. All in a weird font too. Especially weird since I already registered.


What day?!


April 8! Super psyched!!


Me too! :D

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby jwrash » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:14 pm

+1 for the April ASW. We should all get together sometime during the day or that night.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby akili » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm

That'd be really great!! I haven't met any TLSers in real life yet.

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby jwrash » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Drinks IMO. :D

mitz1489
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby mitz1489 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:36 pm

pereira6 wrote:
coug11 wrote:Mail from Vandy today. Thought it might be scholly info, since it's Feb, but instead it's just an updated Law Career Services booklet... Oh well, maybe next week!


I think schollies won't come until the end of the month. I think maybe they'll send them out with need-based aid too (to accompany the Feb. 15th need-based priority deadline)


Yeah I actually called the other day and they said we'd be finding out at the end of Feb/beginning of March.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:58 pm

pereira6 wrote:
akili wrote:Did anyone else just get like 5 emails from Vandy today!


No, but I got a mailing yesterday!

Submitted my need-scholarship stuff today (just made the priority deadline!)...I wish got some Vandy e-mails!

What did yours say?

where did you see that you had a mailing?

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:00 pm

has anyone received confirmation that their fafsa/needacess had been received?

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby pereira6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:15 pm

hipstermafia wrote:has anyone received confirmation that their fafsa/needacess had been received?


I called to make sure. They said they got my needaccess, but not my FAFSA but I did send that today. They said I should be fine

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby pereira6 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:15 pm

akili wrote:That'd be really great!! I haven't met any TLSers in real life yet.


I enjoy meeting people! So I vote we do get together.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby akili » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:17 pm

pereira6 wrote:
akili wrote:That'd be really great!! I haven't met any TLSers in real life yet.


I enjoy meeting people! So I vote we do get together.


I'm game! I'm planning on being in Nashville for the long weekend so I can hang out with my sister (and possibly apartment hunt?!). I'd love to meet people!

User avatar
cholza00
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:07 am

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby cholza00 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:37 pm

So is the consensus thought that Vandy will send their total financial package together, that is, merit aid plus need based aid?

mitz1489
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby mitz1489 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:27 pm

akili wrote:I just changed my desktop background to the Vandy logo :lol: :oops:

If they just offer me even a little scholarship, I'm pretty much sold.


Im exactly the same way! I just need a little nudge (or maybe not even one at all). Also debating going to the admitted students day since I already booked a visit for March 4th before I knew about it. Worth it to reschedule??

pereira6
Posts: 604
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby pereira6 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

mitz1489 wrote:
akili wrote:I just changed my desktop background to the Vandy logo :lol: :oops:

If they just offer me even a little scholarship, I'm pretty much sold.


Im exactly the same way! I just need a little nudge (or maybe not even one at all). Also debating going to the admitted students day since I already booked a visit for March 4th before I knew about it. Worth it to reschedule??


Yes. Come on April 8th :D

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby akili » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:30 pm

mitz1489 wrote:
akili wrote:I just changed my desktop background to the Vandy logo :lol: :oops:

If they just offer me even a little scholarship, I'm pretty much sold.


Im exactly the same way! I just need a little nudge (or maybe not even one at all). Also debating going to the admitted students day since I already booked a visit for March 4th before I knew about it. Worth it to reschedule??


Come to ASW in April!! Waaaay more fun :)

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby jwrash » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:03 pm

akili wrote:
mitz1489 wrote:
akili wrote:I just changed my desktop background to the Vandy logo :lol: :oops:

If they just offer me even a little scholarship, I'm pretty much sold.


Im exactly the same way! I just need a little nudge (or maybe not even one at all). Also debating going to the admitted students day since I already booked a visit for March 4th before I knew about it. Worth it to reschedule??


Come to ASW in April!! Waaaay more fun :)

+1

mitz1489
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby mitz1489 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:38 pm

jwrash wrote:
akili wrote:
mitz1489 wrote:
akili wrote:I just changed my desktop background to the Vandy logo :lol: :oops:

If they just offer me even a little scholarship, I'm pretty much sold.


Im exactly the same way! I just need a little nudge (or maybe not even one at all). Also debating going to the admitted students day since I already booked a visit for March 4th before I knew about it. Worth it to reschedule??


Come to ASW in April!! Waaaay more fun :)

+1


haha duly noted, april it is..I say we plan a tls meeting party?? ps. are you guys planning on staying w law students?

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby akili » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Definitely a meeting party. At least some sort of sign.

I've been going back and forth about staying with a law student, but I'm staying a couple days late to hang out with my sister and trying to hang out with her a bunch while I'm there...so I'm not sure if I should.

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: IN at Vandy 2014

Postby jwrash » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm not staying with a current student. My dad really wants to come so I'll be staying with him in a hotel room somewhere.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, hwwong, Jgats, mudiverse, tangers91, xn3345 and 16 guests