The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alphamoose

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby alphamoose » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 pm

:D :D In!!!! Hope for the forgottens! Submitted early Nov, grade request Feb 9th. :D

ChriLa425

Postby ChriLa425 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:33 pm

I´ve been trying to deny it, but I think I´m officially forgotten now as well :shock:

Complete 1/10

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:36 pm

It's getting lonelier here every day. *sigh*

mel2010

Postby mel2010 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 pm

alphamoose wrote::D :D In!!!! Hope for the forgottens! Submitted early Nov, grade request Feb 9th. :D

Congratulations fellow elite! I will take consolation in the fact that I am now...MORE elite than you.

AdamAndSteve

Postby AdamAndSteve » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:38 pm

alphamoose wrote::D :D In!!!! Hope for the forgottens! Submitted early Nov, grade request Feb 9th. :D

Congrats!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Yaaaayyyyyy alphamoose!!!! Congrats!!!

And for the December/January people complaining, no offense but...NO!!! Complete 10/21 here. You may complain when you hit over four months - which, for the record, I hope doesn't happen to you! :D

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 pm

law_monkey wrote:

And for the December/January people complaining, no offense but...NO!!! Complete 10/21 here. You may complain when you hit over four months - which, for the record, I hope doesn't happen to you! :D

It's clear they've read the boards and know that you would leave them for Penn all things being equal. You didn't share my nonchalant and distant...yet clear affection.
Last edited by Non-Chalant1 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

It's clear they've read the boards and no that would leave them for Penn all things being equal. You didn't share my nonchalant and distant...yet clear affection.

They're CLS. I'm sure if they read my posts they were thinking there's no way I wouldn't want them. They're cocky like that. But they should be worried now because if I get the AnBryce there's no way I'm turning that down, even for Penn. That made me feel a lot better about not hearing from Columbia. They might have forgotten me, but at this point I'm basically forgetting about them too. I just want an answer to know what it is! :P

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:43 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

It's clear they've read the boards and no that would leave them for Penn all things being equal. You didn't share my nonchalant and distant...yet clear affection.

They're CLS. I'm sure if they read my posts they were thinking there's no way I wouldn't want them. They're cocky like that. But they should be worried now because if I get the AnBryce there's no way I'm turning that down, even for Penn. That made me feel a lot better about not hearing from Columbia. They might have forgotten me, but at this point I'm basically forgetting about them too. I just want an answer to know what it is! :P

What do you mean you're forgetting about them? They're like my first choice right now...you have to come and Timmna too. That AnnByrce is a big deal though...I knew I should've written that application. If you get that....you gotta take it LOL. I always wondered why you love Penn though. Aren't you in California, where did this love come from?

alphamoose

Postby alphamoose » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Last edited by alphamoose on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texaskk

Postby texaskk » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:32 pm

WHERE'S MY SUPPORT GROUP AT?!!! Can I get a "heyyyy" from those of us questioning (as always) whether we're going to make it through this week without losing our minds??

Complete 10/25

Beat THAT January people

AdamAndSteve

Postby AdamAndSteve » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:52 pm

I resent the January people. Complete 11/8, submitted pre-Halloween.

Older Chest

Postby Older Chest » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Complete since 9/24 and still waiting...

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm still heeeeeerrrrrreeee!!!!! 10/21. Four and a half months, going on an eternity. :(

Also, non-chalant, sorry I just saw your post from yesterday. I don't think I would fit in with the super cutthroat atmosphere at CLS. Does that mean I'm not going to consider it if I get in? Definitely not because of course I will. But I don't know how likely it is that I'd end up there. Plus I think I would get overwhelmed by NYC (which is why I like Philly. It's still a city, but not too much). It would take money (aka the AnBryce) to get me out to NYC. And I like Penn's interdisciplinary approach. Also, I'm not from Cali; I just go to school here. The weather bores me haha. BUT I promise that if I get into CLS, I will add you to my pro column lol. :D

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:00 pm

law_monkey wrote:I'm still heeeeeerrrrrreeee!!!!! 10/21. Four and a half months, going on an eternity. :(

Also, non-chalant, sorry I just saw your post from yesterday. I don't think I would fit in with the super cutthroat atmosphere at CLS. Does that mean I'm not going to consider it if I get in? Definitely not because of course I will. But I don't know how likely it is that I'd end up there. Plus I think I would get overwhelmed by NYC (which is why I like Philly. It's still a city, but not too much). It would take money (aka the AnBryce) to get me out to NYC. And I like Penn's interdisciplinary approach. Also, I'm not from Cali; I just go to school here. The weather bores me haha. BUT I promise that if I get into CLS, I will add you to my pro column lol. :D

10/20... theoretically I should be a good fit at Columbia too... Every time I get a package I get so excited and then I'm p.o'd at whoever sent it regardless of how nice it is.

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

anyone else feel like calling today??

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

I just got the ding from Columbia Business School, which makes me think that the Reserve/Ding from CLS is imminent.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:09 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I'm still heeeeeerrrrrreeee!!!!! 10/21. Four and a half months, going on an eternity. :(

10/20... theoretically I should be a good fit at Columbia too... Every time I get a package I get so excited and then I'm p.o'd at whoever sent it regardless of how nice it is.

If it makes it any easier at this point I think we should be expecting emails before packages. All the recent admits have been getting the email first, so I think that's their method now.

somewhere

Postby somewhere » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:36 pm

More info on the super cutthroat atmostphere as CLS?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:25 pm

somewhere wrote:

More info on the super cutthroat atmostphere as CLS?

These may be rumors which I was going to check into more if I actually got in, but I've just heard that all the stereotypical competition of law school occurs at CLS. Other law schools have a reputation for being really supportive, and even though students are obviously competing they still work together and help each other out. But at CLS I've heard it's a pretty dog eat dog world. For example, that students rearrange their study groups after the first semester if some of the members don't have a high enough GPA. Once again, I've just heard this on repeated occasions, but I haven't really tried to figure out how true it is since I'm not in yet. So that could just all be BS.

ChriLa425

Postby ChriLa425 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 pm

As a January completer may I just say that as far as winning, I am in no way attempting to steal anyone´s thunder (and yes, I´m talking to you law_monkey, so sorry to hear about that completion date :( ). I do have a humble petition though: May I please be allowed to stay as a subservient forgotten? It seems that there are now rankings, I´ll be rank 0 for now. Pretty please?? :D

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:11 pm

ChriLa425 wrote:As a January completer may I just say that as far as winning, I am in no way attempting to steal anyone´s thunder (and yes, I´m talking to you law_monkey, so sorry to hear about that completion date :( ). I do have a humble petition though: May I please be allowed to stay as a subservient forgotten? It seems that there are now rankings, I´ll be rank 0 for now. Pretty please?? :D

Of course you can be forgotten with us! I don't know that it's necessarily something anyone should want to be, but pretty much anyone who's been waiting a while is welcome. Please no 2/15 submits though. That would just make me :evil:

ChriLa425

Postby ChriLa425 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:16 pm

law_monkey wrote:
ChriLa425 wrote:As a January completer may I just say that as far as winning, I am in no way attempting to steal anyone´s thunder (and yes, I´m talking to you law_monkey, so sorry to hear about that completion date :( ). I do have a humble petition though: May I please be allowed to stay as a subservient forgotten? It seems that there are now rankings, I´ll be rank 0 for now. Pretty please?? :D

Of course you can be forgotten with us! I don't know that it's necessarily something anyone should want to be, but pretty much anyone who's been waiting a while is welcome. Please no 2/15 submits though. That would just make me :evil:

exactly, if I´m waiting anyway then misery loves company, it would have been sad to be rejected from the fellow forgotten as well.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:22 pm

ChriLa425 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

exactly, if I´m waiting anyway then misery loves company, it would have been sad to be rejected from the fellow forgotten as well.

We don't believe in rejection here. It's actually why CLS hasn't got back to some of us yet. They want to ding us, but since we don't believe in that word they haven't figured out a way that they can't accept us. I don't think it'll be too successful. Word on the street is that the resolution is still a few years away, and they have to give us an answer before then...

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Complete 11/2.

Was in Morningside Heights earlier this afternoon...considered stopping by the admissions office and trying to force them to accept me.

Oh well, the longer they wait, the more likely I'll end up at NYU...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”