The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bdubs

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby bdubs » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 pm

law_monkey wrote:I can't believe this thread was already on the 3rd page. We really are dwindling. Anyway I just checked out LSN again, and compared to last year's graph there seem to be plenty of green dots and not enough yellow and red. Scary!!! But I have faith in the rest of our group! We will be the last of the green!!! :D

That is because they held everyone! I think we are special and have a higher chance of admission

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:40 am

bdubs wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I can't believe this thread was already on the 3rd page. We really are dwindling. Anyway I just checked out LSN again, and compared to last year's graph there seem to be plenty of green dots and not enough yellow and red. Scary!!! But I have faith in the rest of our group! We will be the last of the green!!! :D

That is because they held everyone! I think we are special and have a higher chance of admission

Yeah there's only one hold that I know of who got dinged, one reserve, a couple holds, and several admits. So I'm really hoping that pattern continues and most/all of the rest of us end up getting in. SOON.

bistduverrueckt

Postby bistduverrueckt » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 am

law_monkey wrote:
bdubs wrote:

Yeah there's only one hold that I know of who got dinged, one reserve, a couple holds, and several admits. So I'm really hoping that pattern continues and most/all of the rest of us end up getting in. SOON.

I like the way you think law_monkey.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 am

bistduverrueckt wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
bdubs wrote:

I like the way you think law_monkey.

Sorry I meant forgotten not holds in my previous post. And bistduverrueckt you with your pretty sparkly JR1 will almost definitely be in the forgotten -> VCE group. The other YP risks seem to have been held already if that was their fate. Let's go Team Forgotten!!!

awbrown

Postby awbrown » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:58 pm

So I've been stalking this thread for a while, but this is my first post. I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated with Columbia. I was complete 10/29, got a grades request 12/6 and haven't heard a word since. Am I one of the only October completes left? It's sure starting to feel like it.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 pm

awbrown wrote:So I've been stalking this thread for a while, but this is my first post. I'm starting to get incredibly frustrated with Columbia. I was complete 10/29, got a grades request 12/6 and haven't heard a word since. Am I one of the only October completes left? It's sure starting to feel like it.

Nope, I'm October about a week before you. And I literally just got off the phone with them.

CLS Admissions Rep wrote:At this time we have not reached a decision on your application. We will be sending out decisions through the end of April.

News for them: there's no way I'm holding out until the end of April. That would be known as a hold, so if it's going to take that long just send me the freaking hold email. This complete crickets business is going to lead to my withdrawing in March if I haven't heard anything by then. Thank goodness for rolling admissions right?

awbrown

Postby awbrown » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:48 pm

I emailed them yesterday. Just got an email back. "Thank you for your interest in Columbia Law School. We have yet to mail a decision to you."

I'm just shocked that I heard back from Yale, who does not participate in rolling admissions, before Columbia, who supposedly does. Even if it was a rejection. At least I don't have to keep waiting on them.

texaskk

Postby texaskk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:31 pm

So... Who's thinking the fact that we didn't hear anything today means we'll be waiting it out through another longggg weekend?

Anyone want to fly down here and engage in some binge drinking? It's been sunny and in the 70s all week! :mrgreen:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 pm

texaskk wrote:So... Who's thinking the fact that we didn't hear anything today means we'll be waiting it out through another longggg weekend?

Anyone want to fly down here and engage in some binge drinking? It's been sunny and in the 70s all week! :mrgreen:

Well since they don't have decisions yet on a lot of us who knows how long we'll be waiting? I'm really confused about why we weren't just held if they really can't decide. I'm SUPER upset right now.

alphamoose

Postby alphamoose » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:36 pm

law_monkey wrote:
texaskk wrote:So... Who's thinking the fact that we didn't hear anything today means we'll be waiting it out through another longggg weekend?

Well since they don't have decisions yet on a lot of us who knows how long we'll be waiting? I'm really confused about why we weren't just held if they really can't decide. I'm SUPER upset right now.

Stay positive lawmonkey, at the top of this page you were filled with hope! I think of it this way: They haven't held us because they think they want to give us good news, they just need a littttttle more time to make sure.

Edit: Why is it always easier to be optimistic for other people? I have been being a brat all day and using the excuse "Columbia HATES me" for my mood. :lol:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:40 pm

alphamoose wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Stay positive lawmonkey, at the top of this page you were filled with hope! I think of it this way: They haven't held us because they think they want to give us good news, they just need a littttttle more time to make sure.

Edit: Why is it always easier to be optimistic for other people? I have been being a brat all day and using the excuse "Columbia HATES me" for my mood. :lol:

Haha thanks alphamoose! I just got really disheartened after that call because it means I'm still so far away from finding out. And I agree that it's waaaayyyyy easier to believe that other people are getting in. Anyway, back to being convinced that all of our VCEs/emails are coming soon!!!

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Probably want to take the long weekend to think about it.

Anybody know if CLS has Monday off?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:54 pm

incompetentia wrote:Probably want to take the long weekend to think about it.

Anybody know if CLS has Monday off?

Even if classes are out doesn't mean the adcomms can't put in some hours. If they're having so much difficulty deciding on our apps I think they should be putting in overtime. Am I a spoiled brat? YES! Do I care? NO! :mrgreen:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Just checked the waiting thread and it's been taken over by people already in who are talking about all the goodies they've been receiving. Before I wanted in because it's Columbia. Now I want the presents too. :(

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

We must make this thread harder better faster stronger

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:35 pm

incompetentia wrote:We must make this thread harder better faster stronger

Clearly CLS disagrees.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:44 pm

File it
Check it
Leave it
Status?

texaskk

Postby texaskk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:55 pm

incompetentia wrote:File it
Check it
Leave it
Status?

Baha. How are we even living through this? Every morning when I wake up I feel like I can't take one more day without hearing something, and I've been feeling that since they started releasing decisions 3 weeks ago... I think I'm giving it until March 1st then I may be forced to call and demand an explanation

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:19 am

texaskk wrote:
Check it
Leave it
Status?

Baha. How are we even living through this? Every morning when I wake up I feel like I can't take one more day without hearing something, and I've been feeling that since they started releasing decisions 3 weeks ago... I think I'm giving it until March 1st then I may be forced to call and demand an explanation

Yeah I'm just so brokenhearted after my call yesterday, so now it's easy not to have huge expectations for my mailbox. I just remembered an hour ago that I hadn't checked the mail today since I no longer have to cross my fingers for CLS news. My advice: don't call. It absolutely SUCKS hearing they don't have a decision yet, especially when they tack on the "decisions through the end of April" part. :(

texaskk

Postby texaskk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:25 am

law_monkey wrote:
texaskk wrote:
Check it
Leave it
Status?

Yeah I'm just so brokenhearted after my call yesterday, so now it's easy not to have huge expectations for my mailbox. I just remembered an hour ago that I hadn't checked the mail today since I no longer have to cross my fingers for CLS news. My advice: don't call. It absolutely SUCKS hearing they don't have a decision yet, especially when they tack on the "decisions through the end of April" part. :(

Yes, also already called was was disappointed/frustrated to hear that they hadn't mailed a decision yet. But I'm talking calling and saying "I'm wondering if you can give me a timeline on when a decision might be made on my file, because I submitted back in October and am going to be making a decision on where to enroll soon." Thoughts? Insanity?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:26 am

texaskk wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
texaskk wrote:
Check it
Leave it
Status?

Yes, also already called was was disappointed/frustrated to hear that they hadn't mailed a decision yet. But I'm talking calling and saying "I'm wondering if you can give me a timeline on when a decision might be made on my file, because I submitted back in October and am going to be making a decision on where to enroll soon." Thoughts? Insanity?

Won't work since they're just going to reply that they send out decisions through April. The woman I talked to seemed shocked that I was even asking when I wasn't ED.

texaskk

Postby texaskk » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:29 am

Argh.. Good point. Maybe I can plead with them and tell them that waiting is making me depressed aka incapable of doing any work on my senior thesis and I am going to fail out of college unless they tell me RIGHT NOW :P

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:36 am

texaskk wrote:Argh.. Good point. Maybe I can plead with them and tell them that waiting is making me depressed aka incapable of doing any work on my senior thesis and I am going to fail out of college unless they tell me RIGHT NOW :P

Yeah I had the urge to plead with them on account of wanting to start narrowing down my options and making travel arrangements to come visit. Buying cross country plane tickets will be a nightmare if I get admitted two weeks before the first ASW. (Note: this is just me pretending that a decision will ultimately result in an acceptance. But why hang on to us for so long if they're just going to turn us down???)

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:59 am

I'm calling on Monday to see if I can attend the early ASW even if I'm not admitted beforehand. Have to make travel plans NAO :x

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:19 am

incompetentia wrote:I'm calling on Monday to see if I can attend the early ASW even if I'm not admitted beforehand. Have to make travel plans NAO :x

Haha! I'll join you!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”