The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:26 pm

texaskk wrote:Still forgotten! I think the lack of any real pattern in the most recent decisions sent (rejection letters/acceptance emails/hold emails all at random times) is actually relieving my anxiety somewhat. It seems better to have no clue what could be coming than to expect a certain type of decision to come on a certain day (and then be constantly disappointed when the expected fails to materialize)...


I need a pattern before I go insane haha. I just got home and checked my mail, and I swear my heart always skips a beat every time I see a small white envelope sitting there. Too bad almost all mail comes in a small white envelope. :(

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby subtle » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 pm

law_monkey wrote:
texaskk wrote:Still forgotten! I think the lack of any real pattern in the most recent decisions sent (rejection letters/acceptance emails/hold emails all at random times) is actually relieving my anxiety somewhat. It seems better to have no clue what could be coming than to expect a certain type of decision to come on a certain day (and then be constantly disappointed when the expected fails to materialize)...


I need a pattern before I go insane haha. I just got home and checked my mail, and I swear my heart always skips a beat every time I see a small white envelope sitting there. Too bad almost all mail comes in a small white envelope. :(


Me too! Every time I get any mail, I'm always a little sad when there's nothing from Columbia.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 pm

subtle wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
texaskk wrote:Still forgotten! I think the lack of any real pattern in the most recent decisions sent (rejection letters/acceptance emails/hold emails all at random times) is actually relieving my anxiety somewhat. It seems better to have no clue what could be coming than to expect a certain type of decision to come on a certain day (and then be constantly disappointed when the expected fails to materialize)...


I need a pattern before I go insane haha. I just got home and checked my mail, and I swear my heart always skips a beat every time I see a small white envelope sitting there. Too bad almost all mail comes in a small white envelope. :(


Me too! Every time I get any mail, I'm always a little sad when there's nothing from Columbia.


I'm sad, but I'm also super relieved when the little white envelope isn't a ding. For example, BU's black law student group sent me a letter today. I was holding my breath the whole time until I saw the little BU logo in the corner.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby subtle » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:33 pm

law_monkey wrote:
subtle wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
texaskk wrote:Still forgotten! I think the lack of any real pattern in the most recent decisions sent (rejection letters/acceptance emails/hold emails all at random times) is actually relieving my anxiety somewhat. It seems better to have no clue what could be coming than to expect a certain type of decision to come on a certain day (and then be constantly disappointed when the expected fails to materialize)...


I need a pattern before I go insane haha. I just got home and checked my mail, and I swear my heart always skips a beat every time I see a small white envelope sitting there. Too bad almost all mail comes in a small white envelope. :(


Me too! Every time I get any mail, I'm always a little sad when there's nothing from Columbia.


I'm sad, but I'm also super relieved when the little white envelope isn't a ding. For example, BU's black law student group sent me a letter today. I was holding my breath the whole time until I saw the little BU logo in the corner.



Haha. Feel you.

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby mel2010 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 pm

law_monkey wrote:
subtle wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I need a pattern before I go insane haha. I just got home and checked my mail, and I swear my heart always skips a beat every time I see a small white envelope sitting there. Too bad almost all mail comes in a small white envelope. :(


Me too! Every time I get any mail, I'm always a little sad when there's nothing from Columbia.


I'm sad, but I'm also super relieved when the little white envelope isn't a ding. For example, BU's black law student group sent me a letter today. I was holding my breath the whole time until I saw the little BU logo in the corner.

Reminder from the main thread, for the sake of your heart health:

lakerfanimal wrote:Thanks law monkey, Knock, and philly! Y'all are awesome (even without the congratulations :) ). And I remember seeing that all admit envelopes are vomit (?) colored? Mine was white, so don't freak out if you get a white one, just open it before reacting..

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Haha thanks Mel! Except that even if it's white (cuz lakerfanimal got the binder first), it'll definitely be bigger. So my heart is still in danger! :D

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby mel2010 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:56 pm

law_monkey wrote:Haha thanks Mel! Except that even if it's white (cuz lakerfanimal got the binder first), it'll definitely be bigger. So my heart is still in danger! :D


Hm... :?

Fine. Then for the sake of your heart health, let's just all get VCEs this week. :?:

User avatar
lastch2
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby lastch2 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 pm

just checking in...applied early-mid december, grade request and update early january then nothing. oh cls, you of all law schools!! why?!

congrats to those who have gotten in though!! :mrgreen:

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 am

mel2010 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Haha thanks Mel! Except that even if it's white (cuz lakerfanimal got the binder first), it'll definitely be bigger. So my heart is still in danger! :D


Hm... :?

Fine. Then for the sake of your heart health, let's just all get VCEs this week. :?:


I'm going to approve of that plan. Let's just hope that CLS agrees!!! I seriously don't know what I'm going to do if I have to go through another weekend of not annoying.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby subtle » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 am

law_monkey wrote:
mel2010 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Haha thanks Mel! Except that even if it's white (cuz lakerfanimal got the binder first), it'll definitely be bigger. So my heart is still in danger! :D


Hm... :?

Fine. Then for the sake of your heart health, let's just all get VCEs this week. :?:


I'm going to approve of that plan. Let's just hope that CLS agrees!!! I seriously don't know what I'm going to do if I have to go through another weekend of not annoying.



:lol: Keep waiting.

ETA: I will actually wait for Columbia until the end of time.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 am

subtle wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
mel2010 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Haha thanks Mel! Except that even if it's white (cuz lakerfanimal got the binder first), it'll definitely be bigger. So my heart is still in danger! :D


Hm... :?

Fine. Then for the sake of your heart health, let's just all get VCEs this week. :?:


I'm going to approve of that plan. Let's just hope that CLS agrees!!! I seriously don't know what I'm going to do if I have to go through another weekend of not annoying.



:lol: Keep waiting.

ETA: I will actually wait for Columbia until the end of time.


:lol: Unfortunately you're soooooo right. Which is really hard to accept when I'm the world's biggest control freak!

elm84dr
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby elm84dr » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

Black/Latino male, URM, 160, 3.3, Pretty Good Softs, 5 years W.E.......STILL waiting, submitted 11/20.

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby mel2010 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:34 pm


User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby NikaneOkie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm



Whoa...I just looked at that
I am such a freakish aberation... Columbia what are you doing?!

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby incompetentia » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:15 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:
Whoa...I just looked at that
I am such a freakish aberation... Columbia what are you doing?!

I resent that bro

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby bistduverrueckt » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:22 pm

So I finally caved and called admissions. A decision has not yet been reached on my app :(

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby mel2010 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 pm

bistduverrueckt wrote:So I finally caved and called admissions. A decision has not yet been reached on my app :(

I keep considering doing this...but I figure there's like a 1% chance they'll say a decision has been mailed (in which case I'll just be freaking out more intensely until I get it) and a 99% chance they'll say a decision hasn't been reached (in which case I'll be disappointed that I'll have to wait that much longer). :?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:40 pm

mel2010 wrote:
bistduverrueckt wrote:So I finally caved and called admissions. A decision has not yet been reached on my app :(

I keep considering doing this...but I figure there's like a 1% chance they'll say a decision has been mailed (in which case I'll just be freaking out more intensely until I get it) and a 99% chance they'll say a decision hasn't been reached (in which case I'll be disappointed that I'll have to wait that much longer). :?


This. I'll be even more paranoid about checking my mail if I know for sure something's on the way. I've reached a kind of peace knowing that something might but probably won't be there.

texaskk
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby texaskk » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:35 am

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!!! Maybe today is the day!!

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:38 am

texaskk wrote:GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!!! Maybe today is the day!!



That would be nice, because I'll be in DC this weekend away from my mail.

User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby NikaneOkie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am

This forum makes me sad.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:02 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:This forum makes me sad.


Don't be. A lot of people who started off in this thread are now the proud owners of a VCE. Obviously that won't happen to everyone, but it's not like being forgotten has a pattern of leading to negative results.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby bdubs » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:This forum makes me sad.


Says the person who is accepted at Stanford. Cheer up, you got into a school that routinely shuts out Harvard and Columbia acceptances.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:13 pm

bdubs wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:This forum makes me sad.


Says the person who is accepted at Stanford. Cheer up, you got into a school that routinely shuts out Harvard and Columbia acceptances.

Seriously, I doubt Nikane would pick Columbia over Stanford anyway (I would, but that's my East Coast bias).

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 pm

I can't believe this thread was already on the 3rd page. We really are dwindling. Anyway I just checked out LSN again, and compared to last year's graph there seem to be plenty of green dots and not enough yellow and red. Scary!!! But I have faith in the rest of our group! We will be the last of the green!!! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”