The Forgotten- Columbia 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law_monkey

Gold

Re: The Forgotten- Columbia 2011

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Congrats to all the new admits, and sorry to all the new holds! Who's still left though? I feel like all of you have heard. :(

mel2010

Bronze

Post by mel2010 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:55 pm

law_monkey wrote:Congrats to all the new admits, and sorry to all the new holds! Who's still left though? I feel like all of you have heard. :(
Ditto, congrats and regrets (good luck)! I am still here though, holding down the fort with you LM.

texaskk

Bronze

Post by texaskk » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 pm

I'm still here lawmonkey! One more hour for them to send out our acceptance emails! Texaskk and Mel and lawmonkey FTW!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 pm

texaskk wrote:I'm still here lawmonkey! One more hour for them to send out our acceptance emails! Texaskk and Mel and lawmonkey FTW!
Yaaayyyy!!!! Of course I'm not glad that you don't have anything yet, but I am glad that you're still here!

alec92

New

Post by alec92 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:01 pm

I've been lurking this thread for a while... Still forgotten, submitted mid-November and complete 12/14. 174, 3.8x
At this point, I'm pretty certain that "forgotten" just means "will receive rejection/waitlist in March." For me, at least.

But congrats to all the new admits!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alphamoose

Bronze

Post by alphamoose » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:02 pm

texaskk wrote:I'm still here lawmonkey! One more hour for them to send out our acceptance emails! Texaskk and Mel and lawmonkey FTW!
Me too! LOVE ME COLUMBIAAAAAA.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:08 pm

alec92 wrote:I've been lurking this thread for a while... Still forgotten, submitted mid-November and complete 12/14. 174, 3.8x
At this point, I'm pretty certain that "forgotten" just means "will receive rejection/waitlist in March." For me, at least.

But congrats to all the new admits!
Unless your personal statement is about how you love to eat kittens for breakfast you don't have outright ding numbers. At the least you might get placed on hold. Maaaaaayyyyyybe a WL if you have the world's worst softs.

alec92

New

Post by alec92 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Haha I knew I should have left out that part about kicking puppies and destroying rainbows out of my PS.

miracle2011

Bronze

Post by miracle2011 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:15 pm

law_monkey wrote:Congrats to all the new admits, and sorry to all the new holds! Who's still left though? I feel like all of you have heard. :(
I am still left, I also just called. No decision letter sent yet :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

texaskk

Bronze

Post by texaskk » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Guess today wasn't our day... But movement on other forgottens gave me renewed hope that we might hear something before the end of time! Monday, anyone?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:15 pm

Also, still forgotten. Very, very forgotten. Each time a forgotten person gets a hold and their completion date is after mine I have two emotions: (1) Stilllll waiting and (2) Maybe there's hope?

*sigh*

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:16 pm

subtle wrote:Also, still forgotten. Very, very forgotten. Each time a forgotten person gets a hold and their completion date is after mine I have two emotions: (1) Stilllll waiting and (2) Maybe there's hope?

*sigh*
Haha that's how I feel whenever someone with lower numbers than me gets a hold. Pathetic but true. :|

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:40 am

I don't even know at this point. Purely on numbers I should be in but ugh

I think, at the least, this means that they've reviewed every complete app at least once. They know the full extent of the applications, and they can finally make some decisions.

On the upside, this looks like we're going to be receiving decisions sooner thanks to the fact that they are indeed releasing all of them through email. On the downside, that's now 40 hours a week where we have open season on "holy crap I'm about to get a decision" rather than about 5 minutes, 6 days a week.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:45 am

incompetentia wrote:I don't even know at this point. Purely on numbers I should be in but ugh

I think, at the least, this means that they've reviewed every complete app at least once. They know the full extent of the applications, and they can finally make some decisions.

On the upside, this looks like we're going to be receiving decisions sooner thanks to the fact that they are indeed releasing all of them through email. On the downside, that's now 40 hours a week where we have open season on "holy crap I'm about to get a decision" rather than about 5 minutes, 6 days a week.
Except the dreaded snail mail dings, but obviously neither of us have to worry about that! :wink:

bmore

Bronze

Post by bmore » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 am

Still forgotten here too. Mich remembered me yesterday. WL :(. Looking closer at my acceptances now.

archie&veronica

New

Post by archie&veronica » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:27 am

I'm still waiting too!

cassidylane

Bronze

Post by cassidylane » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi guys!

I haven't been forgotten as long as some of you have (complete around 1/10) but I was wondering just for my own sanity how each type of decision is sent out. Sounds like from looking at the last few pages that some people got acceptances in their email? And others got told via email that a letter had been sent, but weren't told what decisions that letter had? Is that accurate? Basically, I would appreciate it tons if someone could tell me (for a US applicant) how you find out if you've been accepted, waitlisted, rejected, or held.

Apologies if this has been asked before!

Thanks a bunch and good luck to all!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:20 pm

cassidylane wrote:Hi guys!

I haven't been forgotten as long as some of you have (complete around 1/10) but I was wondering just for my own sanity how each type of decision is sent out. Sounds like from looking at the last few pages that some people got acceptances in their email? And others got told via email that a letter had been sent, but weren't told what decisions that letter had? Is that accurate? Basically, I would appreciate it tons if someone could tell me (for a US applicant) how you find out if you've been accepted, waitlisted, rejected, or held.

Waitlist (reserve) and hold both come by e-mail. Acceptances have come both through snail mail and e-mail (more e-mail recently, but still not clear). Dings have only come via snail mail (as far as I know).

cassidylane

Bronze

Post by cassidylane » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:24 pm

bdubs wrote:
cassidylane wrote:Hi guys!

Waitlist (reserve) and hold both come by e-mail. Acceptances have come both through snail mail and e-mail (more e-mail recently, but still not clear). Dings have only come via snail mail (as far as I know).

Thanks very much! How obnoxiously frustrating that admits can come from email or snail mail. Blergh.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:33 pm

cassidylane wrote:Thanks very much! How obnoxiously frustrating that admits can come from email or snail mail. Blergh.
Those of us who weren't in the first waves of decisions are in limbo and don't really know what to expect. Welcome to the club :-)

lastch2

Bronze

Post by lastch2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 am

Hi guys!! i've been forgotten for quite some time now, but got my admit today!! funky PDF scan of my acceptance letter, but after forum stalking that appears to be legit! Don't give up hope yet...your VCE may come in the form of a super plain looking email!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:02 am

lastch2 wrote:Hi guys!! i've been forgotten for quite some time now, but got my admit today!! funky PDF scan of my acceptance letter, but after forum stalking that appears to be legit! Don't give up hope yet...your VCE may come in the form of a super plain looking email!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Congrats!!! But you got it today? Like on a Saturday? That's really scary if we can expect news at any time - literally. :shock:

lastch2

Bronze

Post by lastch2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:43 am

law_monkey wrote:
lastch2 wrote:Hi guys!! i've been forgotten for quite some time now, but got my admit today!! funky PDF scan of my acceptance letter, but after forum stalking that appears to be legit! Don't give up hope yet...your VCE may come in the form of a super plain looking email!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Congrats!!! But you got it today? Like on a Saturday? That's really scary if we can expect news at any time - literally. :shock:
yeah...email on saturday. weird. i really really really hope it's not some cruel, elaborate joke.

mel2010

Bronze

Post by mel2010 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Hellloooooooooooooo

misspoopers

New

Post by misspoopers » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:00 pm

I went complete 2 weeks ago after submitting my application in December :? I'm pretty sure I'm an afterthought/forgotten at this point :cry:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”