which do you think is worse...

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RAB

which do you think is worse...

Postby RAB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Bored at work, but was wondering....

Which do you think is worse: waiting for decisions or waiting for your lsat score?

gbpackerbacker

Re: which do you think is worse...

Postby gbpackerbacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:33 pm

score

kad1026

Postby kad1026 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

I need a break from work...LSAT was more terrifying to wait for but law school is more annoying.

crit_racer

Postby crit_racer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

LSAT much harder wait for me.

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:35 pm

definitely score

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 pm

RAB wrote:Bored at work, but was wondering....

Which do you think is worse: waiting for decisions or waiting for your lsat score?

Decisions (x1000)

At least you know when and how you will get your score. Waiting for decisions is literally making me go crazy/check TLS and status checkers 100 times a day.

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:36 pm

OP, make a poll?

JTMan

Postby JTMan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:37 pm

LSAT score definitely...waiting for decisions is like waiting for Christmas

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Top14Hope wrote:Decisions (x1000)

At least you know when and how you will get your score. Waiting for decisions is literally making me go crazy/check TLS and status checkers 100 times a day.

Got to agree. I knew exactly (except that it was three days early, but that was just a nice surprise) when my LSAT score was coming, so the three weeks in between were like, whatevs, man.

Decisions are completely random and you never know, and some go backwards, and some languish, and some happen in a day, and my brain goes 'splodey.

jackattack17

Postby jackattack17 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:39 pm

kad1026 wrote:I need a break from work...LSAT was more terrifying to wait for but law school is more annoying.

+1

Frankie55

Postby Frankie55 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:41 pm

can we add waiting to know how much debt you're going to incur?

theturkeyisfat

Postby theturkeyisfat » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:41 pm

LSAT is much worse. At least when you're applying, you can reasonably approximate the types of offers you're likely to receive. A one or two point difference on the LSAT, though, can drastically change your options.

JTMan

Postby JTMan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Frankie55 wrote:can we add waiting to know how much debt you're going to incur?

Yea thats not like Christmas

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Kinderby wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:Decisions (x1000)

Got to agree. I knew exactly (except that it was three days early, but that was just a nice surprise) when my LSAT score was coming, so the three weeks in between were like, whatevs, man.

Decisions are completely random and you never know, and some go backwards, and some languish, and some happen in a day, and my brain goes 'splodey.

lol. But I knew that they come out three days early. It happens every year. IDK why that isn't common knowledge, but after searching for two seconds I found that out.

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

I feel with decisions you generally know how it's going to go, with a few exceptions. Plus if you get into a good school, the rest of the decisions are just icing on the cake.

with the LSAT you're worried that you made some stupid mistake, that you might have to take it again or wait a whole year to reapply if you do badly

philswfc2008

Postby philswfc2008 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:43 pm

To me, I could debate either one.

I took the LSAT twice, in October and December 2010. The October wait was excruciating. This was probably due to a mix of nervousness (since I had no other official score), and the fact that life went incredibly slow during those three weeks. Except for the MLB playoffs, I had absolutely nothing to think about (except for work, blah) or look forward to until score release day. And on that said day, I was as nervous with anticipation as almost any day in my life (and my resulting score was much more dissapointing than what I had anticipated).

But after the second test, I didn't think too much about the test during the waiting period, because a) I still had a decent enough score where I knew I'd be going *somewhere* and, I think, more importantly, b) The three-week period included Christmas/New Years, etc. I also was out of the country for a part of late Dec/early Jan, so the LSAT score was thousands of miles away, both physically and mentally, during that time period. I almost completely forgot about the December LSAT until I came home from my trip and saw the email from LSAT with my score.

Having said all that...I absolutely hate this admissions decision wait period. I spend entirely way too much free time checking the online status checkers. And I anticipate having to make a very tough choice between a few really good schools, so I am dreading that in a way.
Last edited by philswfc2008 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:I feel with decisions you generally know how it's going to go, with a few exceptions. Plus if you get into a good school, the rest of the decisions are just icing on the cake.

with the LSAT you're worried that you made some stupid mistake, that you might have to take it again or wait a whole year to reapply if you do badly

The "few exceptions" are what drives me crazy. After applying to 35 schools, I figured I would get lucky somewhere. So far only one, but I have about 10 others just dying to let me in. Not knowing about the schools is way harder.

It only takes one exception to change your life for the next 40 years :lol:

IamAskier

Postby IamAskier » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Definitely worse waiting for decisions. With the LSAT there was a pretty set date on which you'll hear back, the ambiguity of the admission process is killing me.
Last edited by IamAskier on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richis7

Postby richis7 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Decisions.

We all got our LSAT scores the same day, we knew roughly when it would be, and we knew how we would find out.

It is kind of stressful to see someone get accepted to a school you are really interested in when all you are hearing are crickets. Also, it is annoying when you think you have figured out a schools system, i.e. release info on tuesdays each week, and then tuesday comes and no info comes out. In general the uncertainty surrounding decisions stresses me out.

I am starting to think that waiting for scholarship offers is the most annoying stressful part of the process though. I talked to a lady at one school who assured me my scholarship info would be in my accepted students packet. I got the packet in the mail, ripped it open, no scholarship info. This is a school I'm sure I'll get a decent bit of money at, so I was annoyed and called them up, only to be told that they were actually meeting to talk about scholarships for my round of admits today. At any rate, I think each step of this process has its own particular set of annoyances/stress, and I'm fairly confident I won't miss it when it is over.

fragged

Postby fragged » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Score. At least I could (somewhat) predict where I will get in one I got my score, but I had no idea how I did when I walked out of the testing room.
Last edited by fragged on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:OP, make a poll?

francisConn

Postby francisConn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:I feel with decisions you generally know how it's going to go, with a few exceptions. Plus if you get into a good school, the rest of the decisions are just icing on the cake.

+1

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm

while it's stressful to not know when you'll find out, if you get into a school you're happy with going to, you can always fall back onto that good feeling of "it's going to be okay, at worst I'm going to 'x.'"

With the LSAT, you start thinking back to that rule on that logic game you might have misread... and which might cost you six points.

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
gbpackerbacker wrote:OP, make a poll?

I propose a 5-option one:

Score a lot worse
Score a little worse
About even for both
Decisions a little worse
Decisions a lot worse

Redsgomarchingon

Postby Redsgomarchingon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 pm

oh, and if you didn't use this forum for finding the experimental section on your test, you might be scared sh*tless that the reading comprehension section you didn't finish was the actual scored one

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”