Waitlisted at UVa

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Zurs

Re: Waitlisted at UVa

Postby Zurs » Wed May 04, 2011 12:47 pm

planQ wrote:
Zurs wrote:Just got dropped from the waitlist via status checker. Good luck to everyone still hanging on!

Now that is just terrifying! Did you get an email?

Nope, no email. I randomly decided to check the status checker and saw that my status changed to "application for admission denied" on 5/4.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Wed May 04, 2011 12:51 pm

sreichel wrote:
Zurs wrote:Just got dropped from the waitlist via status checker. Good luck to everyone still hanging on!

How many people other than me just frantically checked their status checker?

I checked it. I'm pretty set on where I'm going, but you never know.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed May 04, 2011 12:54 pm

does everyones say:
waitlist, pending final decision?

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Wed May 04, 2011 1:26 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:does everyones say:

yep

planQ

Postby planQ » Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 pm

sreichel wrote:

+1

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Wed May 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Bumi wrote:

yep

Yes. Good to know i'm not the only one :D

planQ

Postby planQ » Wed May 04, 2011 2:27 pm

sreichel wrote:
Bumi wrote:

yep

Ahh Great! Now another internet site to keep compulsively checking along with my email.

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Wed May 04, 2011 2:40 pm

planQ wrote:
sreichel wrote:
Bumi wrote:

yep

Ahh Great! Now another internet site to keep compulsively checking along with my email.

Let's all play a game, it's called "What should I be doing right now instead of refreshing my inbox?"
I should be quoting homeowners insurance, or answering emails from people who always seem to be having emergencies... planQ?

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:52 pm

I've given up checking my email compulsively while waiting for decisions.

You should try it. It feels great.

nightman09

Postby nightman09 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Just dropped like it's hot.

Got an email, and am too lazy to look on my status checker.

Oh well...

planQ

Postby planQ » Wed May 04, 2011 3:04 pm

nightman09 wrote:Just dropped like it's hot.

Got an email, and am too lazy to look on my status checker.

Oh well...

Studying for the midterm I have in 3 hours. Fun game!

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:38 pm

sreichel wrote:

Def me lol

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:39 pm

[quote="sreichel] Well i'm crossing my fingers for you :D I've only been in this ten months or so, I feel like a rookie by your standards[/quote]

Thank you!!!! :)

nonprofit-prophet

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Wed May 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Hmm I EDd to UVA back in september and was waitlisted. I never sent in a loci or followed up in any way. I just checked my status checker and i'm still pending. How many rounds of waitlist cuts have their been? Has anyone gotten off the waitlist?

snichols16

Postby snichols16 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:52 pm

WL'ed on Jan 28. Still hangin' on.

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Wed May 04, 2011 4:29 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:Hmm I EDd to UVA back in september and was waitlisted. I never sent in a loci or followed up in any way. I just checked my status checker and i'm still pending. How many rounds of waitlist cuts have their been? Has anyone gotten off the waitlist?

Epic avatar

nonprofit-prophet

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Wed May 04, 2011 4:35 pm

sreichel wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:Hmm I EDd to UVA back in september and was waitlisted. I never sent in a loci or followed up in any way. I just checked my status checker and i'm still pending. How many rounds of waitlist cuts have their been? Has anyone gotten off the waitlist?

Epic avatar

"was that not epic?!" - Sterling Mallory Archer

bluecanary622

Postby bluecanary622 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:43 pm

from what i can tell they just started using the WL this week. They cut people on Monday and then again today. I've heard of 1 person getting off (163/3.9--and they're in this forum already i think) but other than that haven't heard of any good news.

sreichel

Postby sreichel » Wed May 04, 2011 4:49 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
sreichel wrote:

Epic avatar

"Watch this" BANG BANG BANG "Oooohhhh, I meant to make a frowny face"

planQ

Postby planQ » Wed May 04, 2011 5:00 pm

bluecanary622 wrote:

from what i can tell they just started using the WL this week. They cut people on Monday and then again today. I've heard of 1 person getting off (163/3.9--and they're in this forum already i think) but other than that haven't heard of any good news.

From what I heard they got almost all the people they want to go on the first deposit deadline, so the wait list will be used predominantly to make up for attrition (i.e. people who couldn't decide and put down deposits on multiple schools or are on the wait list at some other school and are treating UVA as a backup. I guess the thing to hope for is Columbia or Harvard taking a bunch of people who were viriginia off the wait list.

***EDIT****

additionally we only know what is going on through the smallish world of TLS their might be more goo news admits but they either are not members of TLS or are not inclined to talk about it.
Last edited by planQ on Wed May 04, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snichols16

Postby snichols16 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:01 pm

planQ wrote:
bluecanary622 wrote:

From what I heard they got almost all the people they want to go on the first deposit deadline, so the wait list will be used predominantly to make up for attrition (i.e. people who couldn't decide and put down deposits on multiple schools or are on the wait list at some other school and are treating UVA as a backup. I guess the thing to hope for is Columbia or Harvard taking a bunch of people who were viriginia off the wait list.

What is your source for this information?

planQ

Postby planQ » Wed May 04, 2011 5:23 pm

snichols16 wrote:
planQ wrote:
bluecanary622 wrote:

What is your source for this information?

ad com, called and that is more or less what they said.

nonprofit-prophet

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Wed May 04, 2011 5:27 pm

sreichel wrote:
nonprofit-prophet wrote:
sreichel wrote:

Epic avatar

"Watch this" BANG BANG BANG "Oooohhhh, I meant to make a frowny face"

"She's not gay, she just has big hands."

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Just to add to what someone said earlier, I was told there would be a very limited number of WL admits upfront (ie, filling in the gaps) and then filling in attrition over the summer. This really isn't surprising news, but it does show they will be admitting at least a small number (if that hasn't already happened). But it does sound like they were pretty close to full.
Last edited by cardinals1989 on Wed May 04, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:58 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:Just to add to what someone said earlier, I was told there would be a very limited number of WL admits upfront (ie, filling in the gaps) and then filling in attrition over the summer. This is really isn't surprising news, but it does show they will be admitting at least a small number (if that hasn't already happened). But it does sound like they were pretty close to full.

I wonder what percentage of the wait list has been released so far and whether still being on it offers any indication of our chances.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”