What's the worst that could happen with fall transcript?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lisjjen

What's the worst that could happen with fall transcript?

Postby lisjjen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 pm

But seriously. My cumulative is 3.5, Spring '10 was 3.9 and fall '10 was 3.1. What's the worst that could happen? I mean losing scholarships? Losing acceptances? Getting dinged at every single place I haven't heard back from yet?

Knock

Re: What's the worst that could happen with fall transcript?

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:01 pm

lisjjen wrote:But seriously. My cumulative is 3.5, Spring '10 was 3.9 and fall '10 was 3.1. What's the worst that could happen? I mean losing scholarships? Losing acceptances? Getting dinged at every single place I haven't heard back from yet?

A school requests fall grades, you send them, they decide not to accept you. That's about it. 3.1 is not such a large drop off from 3.5 to warrant losing scholarships or acceptances. I wouldn't send my fall grades to LSAC though.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Knock wrote:
lisjjen wrote:But seriously. My cumulative is 3.5, Spring '10 was 3.9 and fall '10 was 3.1. What's the worst that could happen? I mean losing scholarships? Losing acceptances? Getting dinged at every single place I haven't heard back from yet?

A school requests fall grades, you send them, they decide not to accept you. That's about it. 3.1 is not such a large drop off from 3.5 to warrant losing scholarships or acceptances. I wouldn't send my fall grades to LSAC though.

Is that an option? I've been put on hold to a lot of places, and the emails they sent me intoned that they're waiting for my grades.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:06 pm

lisjjen wrote:
Knock wrote:

Is that an option? I've been put on hold to a lot of places, and the emails they sent me intoned that they're waiting for my grades.

Can you send it directly to the school?

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Knock wrote:Can you send it directly to the school?

I can, but only UC Davis directly asked for them.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 pm

lisjjen wrote:

Then i'd only send them to UC Davis.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Knock wrote:
lisjjen wrote:

Then i'd only send them to UC Davis.

Oh. This thread calmed me down in a hurry. If the rest ding me, the rest ding me. I already have my mind made up 90% on UT anyways.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Knock wrote:

why wouldn't you send it through the LSAC? I got an email from UCdavis for fall transcripts, too, and they said I should send them to the LSAC and LSAC would forward them to UCdavis...

Knock

Postby Knock » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:51 pm

girlonfire wrote:
Knock wrote:

why wouldn't you send it through the LSAC? I got an email from UCdavis for fall transcripts, too, and they said I should send them to the LSAC and LSAC would forward them to UCdavis...

Because his fall grades went down. Although you may have no choice if you still want to be considered by UCDavis.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:53 pm

lisjjen wrote:
Knock wrote:

Singing emails? :lol:

Merriam-Webster wrote:intone verb \in-ˈtōn\
: to utter in musical or prolonged tones : recite in singing tones or in a monotone

Beethoven's Fifth:
Send us your graaaaaades! Send us your graaaaaaades! Gimme your grades, gimme your grades, gimme your grades.
Last edited by JazzOne on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:55 pm

Knock wrote:
girlonfire wrote:
Knock wrote:

Because his fall grades went down. Although you may have no choice if you still want to be considered by UCDavis.

Penn asked for mine and I sent it to them directly and then they also said they'd need LSAC confirmation. Pretty much no choice in that case. I'm almost certain that's the case more often than not at all schools so what you're saying to do doesn't really apply.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:58 pm

JazzOne wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
Knock wrote:

Singing emails? :lol:

Merriam-Webster wrote:intone verb \in-ˈtōn\
: to utter in musical or prolonged tones : recite in singing tones or in a monotone

Beethoven's Fifth:
Send us your graaaaaades! Send us your graaaaaaades! Gimme your grades, gimme your grades, gimme your grades.

--ImageRemoved--

Are you intimating that I ought to familiarize myself more intimately with Dictionary.com?

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 pm

lisjjen wrote:Are you intimating that I ought to familiarize myself more intimately with Dictionary.com?

Hey, I just recently learned that discreet and discrete are discrete words. I find language to be fascinating though. I'm writing a law review note in which I attempt to define "law."

ETA: I just realized that intimate ("intimating") and intimate ("intimately") are also discrete words, homographs even.

lisjjen

Postby lisjjen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:37 pm

JazzOne wrote:
lisjjen wrote:Are you intimating that I ought to familiarize myself more intimately with Dictionary.com?

Hey, I just recently learned that discreet and discrete are discrete words. I find language to be fascinating though. I'm writing a law review note in which I attempt to define "law."

ETA: I just realized that intimate ("intimating") and intimate ("intimately") are also discrete words, homographs even.

So do I, it's part of the reason I'm going into law. Language is a beautiful and intricate thing. I just used dictionary.com to look up discrete and urbandictionary.com to look up ETA. Hopefully you can give me some pointers to getting on the law review in September.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”