Siblings applying to / in law school

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jeremysen

Siblings applying to / in law school

Postby jeremysen » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:43 am

In particular, twins :)

Is anyone in a similar situation?

Did you get into comparable schools?

cinephile

Re: Siblings applying to / in law school

Postby cinephile » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:57 am

My little sis is planning on applying to law school within the next couple of years. I have no doubt she'll get into a better school than me since her LSAT score is 3 points higher (although, her GPA's a bit lower than mine).

melamine

Postby melamine » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:37 am

ha - i have a brother at northwestern for business school. was hoping to go to northwestern or uchicago - but got some other admissions that make me wonder if i'll go elsewhere...

Dippy

Postby Dippy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:44 am

Yes, myself and my identical twin are both going to law school in the fall after about three years off from undergrad. And yes, we will hopefully be attending the same school.

amorfati

Postby amorfati » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:59 am

interesting... do you and your twin have similar numbers/softs/etc?

(i'm an only child, so i'm useless in this - but i am curious!)

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Dippy wrote:Yes, myself and my identical twin are both going to law school in the fall after about three years off from undergrad. And yes, we will hopefully be attending the same school.

I hate to be that dude to say it, but are you those inseparable twins, that went to undergrad together and dormed in the same apartments and stuff? If so, it might be time to branch of and go to comparable, yet different schools.

Dippy

Postby Dippy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 pm

amorfati wrote:interesting... do you and your twin have similar numbers/softs/etc?

(i'm an only child, so i'm useless in this - but i am curious!)

Yeah my LSAT is a few points higher but everything is the same.

SupraVln180 wrote:
Dippy wrote:Yes, myself and my identical twin are both going to law school in the fall after about three years off from undergrad. And yes, we will hopefully be attending the same school.

I hate to be that dude to say it, but are you those inseparable twins, that went to undergrad together and dormed in the same apartments and stuff? If so, it might be time to branch of and go to comparable, yet different schools.

Haha no not even close. We independently decided to go to law school and then decided it might be beneficial to go to the same one.

kitchuel

Postby kitchuel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:43 pm

My younger sister is applying to begin her undergrad and I'm applying to Law School so we applied to all the same schools. =) Hopefully we can find one we both love/get in to!

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:54 pm

My sister is at SJU for undergrad and wants me to go to law school there with her.

She CLAIMS she wants to go to law school after undergrad, but I seriously doubt that will happen. If she does, I honestly don't see her getting anything above T2. Thats my boo though!!

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:55 pm

--------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by gbpackerbacker on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:08 pm

kitchuel wrote:My younger sister is applying to begin her undergrad and I'm applying to Law School so we applied to all the same schools. =) Hopefully we can find one we both love/get in to!

My younger brother and I might be in the same situation; me in law school, him transferring for undergrad. It would be convenient because we could get a place together...but I'm not 100% sure he's getting into the undergrad.

sad_squirrel

Postby sad_squirrel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:29 pm

My twin sister applied to law school last year, and I'm in the process of applying this year. I'm seriously considering the school she is currently attending. We went to different schools (and states . . .) for undergrad, so it would be fun to be in the same city again!

My GPA was slightly higher in undergrad, plus I have an M.A. (whereas my twin sister worked for two years prior to applying for law school). I also scored a couple of points higher on the LSAT, but her practice score average was higher than mine.

My little sister is also currently attending the same school (but for med school). She and my twin are roommates. I enjoy hearing about the drama :wink:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”