Status Checker OCD??

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
girlonfire

Re: Status Checker OCD??

Postby girlonfire » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Gotti wrote:
girlonfire wrote:Well I'm glad Gotti gets it...

is this sarcasm?

not at all. i meant i was glad someone shut up the troll with the right answer :D
and that i didn't have to explain the reason for the new thread!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:33 pm

girlonfire wrote:
Gotti wrote:
girlonfire wrote:Well I'm glad Gotti gets it...

is this sarcasm?

not at all. i meant i was glad someone shut up the troll with the right answer :D
and that i didn't have to explain the reason for the new thread!

oh okay :mrgreen:

apple1234

Postby apple1234 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Do they ever change on weekends?

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:25 pm

apple1234 wrote:Do they ever change on weekends?

I've been wondering the same thing...
One thread on here says they have in the past but the person was ED, so they might have been working overtime to complete ED apps. I'd guess that most admissions offices are closed during the weekends, so no one is going to be there to notify applicants or make decisions...

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:03 am

hofstra has been known to update status checkers on saturdays ( check out the hofstra acceptances, denials, and waitlist thread), so some schools may. however, I would guess that the majority update them on mondays and fridays.

Mattfl88

Postby Mattfl88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 am

Just sat down with a cup of coffee ready to do my morning round of status checking.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am

There are schools that don't have status checkers? *iz glad all her schools have them*

eta:
Oh wait, one of mine doesn't. But the ones I care about the most do, yay.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:18 am

girlonfire wrote:

One thread on here says they have in the past but the person was ED, so they might have been working overtime to complete ED apps. I'd guess that most admissions offices are closed during the weekends, so no one is going to be there to notify applicants or make decisions...

Not only do they change on weekends, Duke even accepts people on Sat/Sun.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:
girlonfire wrote:

Not only do they change on weekends, Duke even accepts people on Sat/Sun.

:shock: i just added two more days of status checking to my week.

about to start my morning round now! good luck today, everyone!

bnaidu

Postby bnaidu » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:33 pm

My Seattle U status went from Incomplete to Decision Pending today at 9 am MST. I just keep sitting here clicking refresh about 1 every 3.5326 seconds. I may go insane....

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:40 pm

No changes for me today. :x

I'll check again around 10pm. I'm limiting myself to twice a day. Any more than that and I start to feel a bit tweeked out.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:12 pm

PS- I need to get the hell off of TLS for a while. I check this site more often than my status checkers

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:15 pm

girlonfire wrote:PS- I need to get the hell off of TLS for a while. I check this site more often than my status checkers

I'm with you on that, but unlike you I lack the willpower to walk away. So I'll just keep refreshing and rechecking :(

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm

girlonfire wrote:PS- I need to get the hell off of TLS for a while. I check this site more often than my status checkers

+1

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Status Checker OCD just paid off! On my fifth check of the day, I was admitted via status checker, no e-mail so far. It's actually too bad this happened, because it's only strengthened my belief in the power of the status checker.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:30 pm

I check certain ones multiple times a day, some once, and some rarely if ever. I've been stalking American, Maryland, Temple, and Fordham lately. I stalk the mail to see if I hear anything from IU-B because I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to go there.

Cornell, Columbia, and GULC are schools I applied to but do not expect to get into, so I never check those.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:I check certain ones multiple times a day, some once, and some rarely if ever. I've been stalking American, Maryland, Temple, and Fordham lately. I stalk the mail to see if I hear anything from IU-B because I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to go there.

Cornell, Columbia, and GULC are schools I applied to but do not expect to get into, so I never check those.

I'm with you about IUB... WHY don't they have a status checker!?!? Snail mail checking is a lot more tedious.... And they are taking a really long time to respond. YP?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:03 pm

iowalum wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:I check certain ones multiple times a day, some once, and some rarely if ever. I've been stalking American, Maryland, Temple, and Fordham lately. I stalk the mail to see if I hear anything from IU-B because I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to go there.

I'm with you about IUB... WHY don't they have a status checker!?!? Snail mail checking is a lot more tedious.... And they are taking a really long time to respond. YP?

Apparently they are jumping at high LSATs and making everyone else wait. I doubt I would be YPed because y GPA is so low, but my LSAT is a 167 so Im hoping they let me in anyway. Someone with similar numbers (actually a slightly lower GPA and non-URM) got in with plenty of money, so I am confident that I can as well.

Hopefully we get news in the mail soon!

stargazer3620

Postby stargazer3620 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 pm

status checker changed to decision mailed = now checking the mailbox 15 times a day :?

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Anyone else try editing their browser's POST data to try to check statuses for schools that don't have status checkers?

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 am

stargazer3620 wrote:status checker changed to decision mailed = now checking the mailbox 15 times a day :?

THIS IS THE CRUELEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD OF.

:cry:

What school is this.

ps- if u tell me it's lewis and clark, I'll die.

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:57 am

I think a good indication that you have a problem with status checkers is when you find yourself checking them on off-hours, weekends, and holidays. Mon-Fri, 9-5 is fair game though.

stargazer3620

Postby stargazer3620 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:35 am

girlonfire wrote:
stargazer3620 wrote:status checker changed to decision mailed = now checking the mailbox 15 times a day :?

What school is this.

first it was University of the Pacific (which naturally didn't come in until after I had left for the entire weekend), now it's Loyola LA..sigh...

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 am

Actually, now that I'm UR everywhere (that says UR on a status checker) and have gotten a few acceptances, I'm much less crazy about the status checkers. I figure they'll email me whatever decision they make whenever they make it.

I would've saved myself a couple days of mental exhaustion had I not known that LSU had decided on a Thursday morning, and check my email!!! only to have to wait until Friday at 4 for the actual email.

(But fakemoney, they DO sometimes change on weekends. So that's fair game.)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:53 am

girlonfire wrote:

What school is this.

Mine just did the same thing...USC. It's so mean.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”