supplemental request

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
reddituser

supplemental request

Postby reddituser » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:09 pm

got this today
"As a result of a significant increase in our application volume for this year's incoming class, we would like to have from you a statement that describes your interest in XXX College of Law and how an XXX legal education might help you achieve the professional goals you have set for yourself."

Does anyone have advice on what I should include besides the obvious (being the reasons i want to go and my career plans)?
Any experience with these? How did it turn out?

paulinaporizkova

Re: supplemental request

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:12 pm

i've never even heard of this before. what school? (come on fess up)

helloperson

Postby helloperson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:14 pm

That is odd. Everything I've read suggests that this year's applicant numbers are down significantly.

Also, you posted in the wrong section. This should go in "Law School Admissions."

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm

reddituser wrote:got this today
"As a result of a significant increase in our application volume for this year's incoming class, we would like to have from you a statement that describes your interest in XXX College of Law and how an XXX legal education might help you achieve the professional goals you have set for yourself."

Does anyone have advice on what I should include besides the obvious (being the reasons i want to go and my career plans)?
Any experience with these? How did it turn out?

I got the same letter, sent in a "Why XXX" essay, and was offered a huge scholarship. I just wrote about the location of the school (being in/near the capital is great for intern/externships), the clinics I am interested in (tax clinic), and then I just put in some flowery stuff about how the school will allow me to obtain a great education and help me obtain gainful employment.

kehoema2

Postby kehoema2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Is that from Michigan State? They are the only school I have ever heard of asking for such a thing.

Also, is this basically a "Why X?" essay? Just do some research on the school and write something that integrates that yourself and the school into the question. It shouldn't be that bad.

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:20 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:i've never even heard of this before. what school? (come on fess up)

+1

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm

helloperson wrote:That is odd. Everything I've read suggests that this year's applicant numbers are down significantly.

Also, you posted in the wrong section. This should go in "Law School Admissions."

well if numbers are really down, what are they gonna say?

Dear Person,

Even though our numbers are down this year and thus we're forced to be much less choosy and take pretty much whatever dregs come our way, we still aren't really sure about you. Send us some more stuff. Kisses!

Justathought

Postby Justathought » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
helloperson wrote:That is odd. Everything I've read suggests that this year's applicant numbers are down significantly.

well if numbers are really down, what are they gonna say?

Dear Person,

Even though our numbers are down this year and thus we're forced to be much less choosy and take pretty much whatever dregs come our way, we still aren't really sure about you. Send us some more stuff. Kisses!

This is quite spectacular.

Neidermeyer519

Postby Neidermeyer519 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:25 pm

I sent one of these in after I visited and toured a law school, just to show my genuine interest in the school. I mainly highlighted the schools structured support programs for 1L's, their career placement, types of law that I'm interested in that they excell in, that type of thing.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”