Any Thoughts On A Long Review Period?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LadyG

Any Thoughts On A Long Review Period?

Postby LadyG » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Just wondering if anyone had any input on a longer review period. I have been under review with a couple of schools since 12/6. Meanwhile, a lot of people who went complete for those same schools after 1/1 have already heard back, both positive and negative. Does this mean I am a mid-level candidate? (i.e. not an auto admit but not an auto reject, they just are unsure?) Was hoping someone may just have some thoughts to share......

Sandro

Re: Any Thoughts On A Long Review Period?

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Its tough to tell. I was freaking out because I had been UR for a few weeks and people had been getting in before me. I got 4 decisions shortly thereafter, 1 being my #1 and another full scholarship. It all depends on what the school wants to do.
Some schools are slow.

LadyG

Postby LadyG » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks Sandro!

I am just restless, waiting away.......

Congrats by the way on your acceptances!

lsatextreme

Postby lsatextreme » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:03 pm

i wondering the same about this, but I think I know the reason why mine are coming later than those who applied around the same time (kind of a splitter). I'm almost certain they're holding out as long as possible because of this.

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:05 pm

lsatextreme wrote:i wondering the same about this, but I think I know the reason why mine are coming later than those who applied around the same time (kind of a splitter). I'm almost certain they're holding out as long as possible because of this.

I've heard that they hold out longer for minorities. =/

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm a pretty big splitter so I was expecting to maybe wait a while. But when I saw other splitters getting in and I wasnt I began to think something might have been wrong with my app...

This is another reason why I think it would be interesting to go behind the scenes. Why am I in at some T30 schools with $$$ yet some T2 schools I applied to havent even gotten back to me yet ? Is there an advantage for taking a long time making a decision?

FrOhara1213

Postby FrOhara1213 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:26 pm

I am in the same boat as well. I've been "under review" @ 3 schools since ~12/13 and am going bonkers waiting for some kind of decision. I'm almost positive they'll be rejections, but the fact that all the other rejections I've received thus far have appeared to be auto-dings (less than 3 weeks from application date to receipt of rejection), I can't help but feel like MAYBE the long review period is a good sign.

richis7

Postby richis7 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:35 pm

I wish I knew the answer as well. Been UR at Tennessee since 12/15... not holding out a lot of hope since I am out of state and it is the only school I have applied to listed as a "deny" on LSP. Been UR at wake forest since 1/7, some folks claim to have gotten in who applied after I went UR... with not significantly better #s than mine (I did talk to admissions at wake and Jenny told me I should hear by next week, and if not to give her a call).

On the bright side, I have been accepted to my "safety" schools.

Waiting is kind of fun though, I mean whatever happens is going to happen, so it is nice to at least have the anticipation, I think. I feel like I will be bored after I have all my decisions.

Good luck everybody!

upfish

Postby upfish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:41 pm

I am in the same sitch, and my results thus far have been kind of mixed. A school I should've gotten into according to past numbers (UH) waitlisted me after two months IR. However, a school I was on the fence about (CU Boulder) admitted me after the same time period IR. So, YMMV?

aas911

Postby aas911 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm still UR at a majority of the schools I applied to and I submitted apps early November.....

Can anyone lend credence to the idea that schools are taking longer this year due the drop in number of LSAT takers and possibly applications submitted?

Velvetvoice06

Postby Velvetvoice06 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 pm

I don't think it's any surprise that it takes longer for T2 schools to make a decision than the T14. T14 have the pick of their litter, T2 schools on the other hand are anxiously awaiting the T14 rejects who will unabashedly come knocking on their door when they realize they didn't get into Harvard Law.

Just my thoughts :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”