Duquese University School of Law??

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
solarae

Re: Duquese University School of Law??

Postby solarae » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 pm

looks like i am sending in my deposit tomorrow but i am waiting to hear from Pitt!

HOPEFORCHANGE

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Pitt is slow. Anyway, I think they're waiting until after seat deposits to admit or reject most of the remaining people. I think that is sometime in the next week or two.

Wactawshus

Postby Wactawshus » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:48 pm

So it looks like I may be taking a short trip to check out Duquesne and Pittsburgh in the next week or two. Since I will have limited time does anybody suggest any 'must do's' while I'm there (other than Primanti Bros, that's a definite)?

Is the school open on the weekends?

Also, I have been looking into the Dormont area for a place that might offer a decent bang for my buck while still offering a quick commute to the campus. Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

It's getting down to crunch time and there is a very good chance I will be making deposits while riding out some very hopeful waitlists. I just sent one in today to hold my spot & Duquesne is asking for one by the end of April. It actually rubs me the wrong way that these schools think that we just have hundreds of dollars lying around to waste. /Rant.

HOPEFORCHANGE

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Yes, Dormont is a good place to live to commute to town. I also just like it because it isn't too rich and isn't too poor and it has a nice little town feel. It is where I hope to live in a couple months.

In regard to your other question, it depends what you like to do. There are a lot of museums in Pittsburgh. If you're the partying type, Station Square and the Southside are good places for that. Pittsburgh has a bunch of stuff that goes on in the summer. Oh, but I know one thing that is "must do." Ride the Duquesne Incline and no, it isn't part of the university. Google it.

Lastly, I don't believe the law school is open on the weekend usually. Duquesne in general is M-F 830 to 430

Wactawshus

Postby Wactawshus » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm

HOPEFORCHANGE wrote:Yes, Dormont is a good place to live to commute to town. I also just like it because it isn't too rich and isn't too poor and it has a nice little town feel. It is where I hope to live in a couple months.

In regard to your other question, it depends what you like to do. There are a lot of museums in Pittsburgh. If you're the partying type, Station Square and the Southside are good places for that. Pittsburgh has a bunch of stuff that goes on in the summer. Oh, but I know one thing that is "must do." Ride the Duquesne Incline and no, it isn't part of the university. Google it.

Lastly, I don't believe the law school is open on the weekend usually. Duquesne in general is M-F 830 to 430

Sorry for the delay Hope, things have been pretty busy. Thank you for the suggestion of the Duquesne Incline. Sound like a must do for sure!

Have you had any movement or offer of $ from Duquesne? How about Pitt?

HOPEFORCHANGE

Postby HOPEFORCHANGE » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:59 pm

No, but I haven't e-mailed them about merit aid yet. Pitt has not decided my fate yet. I have other offers, including one from WVU, which is ranked 95. So, right now WVU is my leverage really.

No problem about the suggestions.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Hey guys, just sent in my first deposit for fall 2011.

Anyone looking for a roommate?? I live in pittsburgh now, and have started looking. Super cheap if you have roommates. Let me know if you're looking, and we can talk :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”