Mercer 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: Mercer 2011

Postby sarhuh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 am

mercer2013 wrote:Current Mercer student here. Let me know if you have any questions...

what do you like the most/least about attending mercer?
how is student life?
did mercer law live up to your expectations?

Postby Rooney » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:38 am

sarhuh wrote:do ittt!

Postby mercer2013 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 pm

sarhuh wrote:what do you like the most/least about attending mercer?
how is student life?
did mercer law live up to your expectations?

What I like:
I've been very impressed with how accessible the faculty are at Mercer. I haven't had a professor that hasn't gone out of their way to help me if I have asked...
-I was fortunate to get a generous scholarship offer from Mercer, so I'm not going to exit law school with tons of debt. That was a significant factor in my decision.
-It is fairly close to home, if I need to escape law school for a weekend.
-I really like the people I go to school with, for the most part. (98%)

What I dislike:
Most of the negatives stem more from the fact that the school is located in Macon, rather than the school itself. Depending on where you went to undergrad, Macon can be a bit of a disappointment. (I went to UGA) Macon is ok, so long as you avoid certain areas. The downtown scene is pretty average, however.

Student life:
--I've been satisfied with that aspect of Mercer. There is a pretty wide range of personality types/always somebody around to do something. If you want to get involved, there will be various opportunities based on your interests.

Overall, I've been satisfied with my decision to go to Mercer. I've done fairly well so far, but have no plans to transfer or anything like that.

If you have any more questions about Mercer, Macon, etc., feel free to PM me...

Postby lawfsho » Fri May 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Got in yesterday via Status checker, then received email notification today! Took them long enough! it's been complete sine 1/27

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”