UT $93,000 scholly vs. GTown vs. NW vs. Mich. vs. NYU

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SirWilliam1022

UT $93,000 scholly vs. GTown vs. NW vs. Mich. vs. NYU

Postby SirWilliam1022 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:55 pm

As it sits now I have been accepted to UT and offered a $93,000 scholarship, accepted to Georgetown and still waiting to here about scholarship possibilities, and am waiting on Northwestern, Michigan, and NYU.

I am expecting to be denied by NYU as I submitted my application early in the cycle, but while I was still heavily involved in political campaigns (100+ hours per week) and my personal statement was admittedly garbage (I didn't think so at the time which is why I submitted it, but in hindsight... not so good).

The applications I submitted for Georgetown, UT, Michigan, and Northwestern are all very similar. My apps for Northwestern and Michigan may very well be my best ones so that may impact offers (or may not). Other info... I have informed Georgetown of the offer that I have received from Texas by e-mail and received information back that they were still figuring out their scholarship process. Would it help to call?

So... lets do this as a hypothetical scenario: Texas at a $93,000 scholarship, Georgetown at a $60,000 scholarship (this is the highest number I would anticipate as they tend to be frugal about scholarship awards), Northwestern at $30,000 (highest number I would anticipate if even accepted), and Michigan at $30,000 (highest number I would anticipate if even accepted).

I would prefer to live in the East Coast, but am not too picky. I am considering a career in politics, but I have yet to make up my mind on my long-term pursuits (like most any 24 year old). Thoughts, insights, and deprecating comments please.

dissonance1848

Re: UT $93,000 scholly vs. GTown vs. NW vs. Mich. vs. NYU

Postby dissonance1848 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:58 pm

If you want East Coast, then obviously look at Georgetown or Michigan. Also, it seems like Michigan is more inclined to throw money around than Georgetown, so if you get in both, I would say lean to Michigan

MeechiganBoy

Postby MeechiganBoy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Dude, just holla back once you've heard from all these places. But, hypothetically.... I would take Michigan or Georgetown if you want east coast. but NW isn't bad either.

SirWilliam1022

Postby SirWilliam1022 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks for the insights you guys... is this regardless of the scholarship and financial considerations? I should add that I am not exactly from a wealthy family (income is high enough that I don't qualify for need based usually, but family is crazy enough that they don't have any money to contribute to the cause).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”