Is it worth the money and time attending SMU law?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
workindallas

Is it worth the money and time attending SMU law?

Postby workindallas » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Congrats to all been admitted. Now, please give me your opinion on school selection. I'm working in Dallas and making 100k+ a year. With family being local, my options are either attending SMU law or not attending any law school. How do you all think the future job market of a lawyer graduated from SMU? Is it worth the time and money?

Really appreciate.
Last edited by workindallas on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beachbum

Re: Is it worth the money and time attending SMU law?

Postby beachbum » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Compared against a six figure job in a comfortable situation? No.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:54 pm

beachbum wrote:Compared against a six figure job in a comfortable situation? No.

This.

Is any law school worth it from a strictly financial point of view when compared to a pre-existing 100k job? Definitely not.

However if you really want to be a lawyer then I could see a reason for going to law school in spite of already having a 6 figure job.

rs2004

Postby rs2004 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:57 pm

if you like your job, where you are, and can see yourself happily progressing at your job via promotions and personal growth, i would forego SMU. if you see that a law degree from SMU will help you get the job you want, or a field that you want to practice, then go.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”