Berkeley CR Review 1 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Re: Berkeley CR Review 1

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:32 am

Hah yeah, to be honest, having to make contact with my parents again and ask for some of this information (like when they got divorced, what the fuck does Boalt need to know that for?????) is pathetic. I'm almost 27, but apparently age 30 is where the "magic number" is that I no longer need to report their information.

Pretty douchey move to require that. I'm married and have my own life, and distanced myself from my parents on purpose. *shrug*

I'm probably going to get the Ding Bat off this round of CR anyway so w/e. lol =/

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:06 pm

This is the week right? Does anyone know what the decision format is? Calls for in, emails for dings/WL?

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:57 pm

The Stig wrote:This is the week right? Does anyone know what the decision format is? Calls for in, emails for dings/WL?
both acceptances and rejections are by email, based on last years thread

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=4275

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:07 pm

checking in

masebase4

New

Post by masebase4 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
The Stig wrote:This is the week right? Does anyone know what the decision format is? Calls for in, emails for dings/WL?
both acceptances and rejections are by email, based on last years thread

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... start=4275
Know someone who got in last year from CR with a phone call. So it might be a mixed batch.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:45 pm

CR2 emails are being sent out. Last year none of those (from what I can see) were sent until CR1s started hearing back. Any news?

supahstahxruv

Bronze

Post by supahstahxruv » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:CR2 emails are being sent out. Last year none of those (from what I can see) were sent until CR1s started hearing back. Any news?
Haha, just thinking the same thing. Perhaps our fates have been decided... :)

bullentini

New

Post by bullentini » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Has anyone's date changed on their status checker?

ScarryBakhtin

Bronze

Post by ScarryBakhtin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Nope.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ohnowhattodo

New

Post by ohnowhattodo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Hey everyone!

Pretty new to the Berkeley posts and need a little clarification. Got my first faculty review email today.. and it says that they will begin deliberations on the 18th, with a decision reached by March 11th. Is this still an accurate date or is the 2/18 decision date that I'm seeing in this thread the correct one?

Is it worth it to send an in LOCI and extra recommendation letter now? Before they look over my file again? Will they even accept them?

Thanks for the help!! :)

singwhatisaid

New

Post by singwhatisaid » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:05 pm

ohnowhattodo wrote:Hey everyone!

Pretty new to the Berkeley posts and need a little clarification. Got my first faculty review email today.. and it says that they will begin deliberations on the 18th, with a decision reached by March 11th. Is this still an accurate date or is the 2/18 decision date that I'm seeing in this thread the correct one?

Is it worth it to send an in LOCI and extra recommendation letter now? Before they look over my file again? Will they even accept them?

Hi :). I think you are in what is classified as "CR 2" (I think someone just made a thread for that today). As for sending in extra stuff, since they don't ask for anything as some schools do, I wouldn't send stuff unless you think it really adds to your application. That said, if it will add anything, it's definitely worth it, in my opinion.

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm

For any CR2ers:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=147632

ScarryBakhtin

Bronze

Post by ScarryBakhtin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Welcome! Those of us who received an e-mail a few weeks ago, will hear back by Friday. We are "CR1." You, who received an e-mail today, will start being review on Friday. You should check out the "CR2" thread for more info. Congrats on the CR. I think the consensus is not to send a LOCI.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Prairie

Bronze

Post by Prairie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:09 pm

knowing that the fate of my biggest reach will be revealed in just a few days is sobering

ohnowhattodo

New

Post by ohnowhattodo » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Ahh, I see. Thanks! And good luck to all of you!

twelda

New

Post by twelda » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Is anyone taking bets on whether CR2 coming out today means our decisions will be earlier than Friday?

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:26 pm

twelda wrote:Is anyone taking bets on whether CR2 coming out today means our decisions will be earlier than Friday?
im betting thursday

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ScarryBakhtin

Bronze

Post by ScarryBakhtin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
twelda wrote:Is anyone taking bets on whether CR2 coming out today means our decisions will be earlier than Friday?
im betting thursday
+1

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 pm

ScarryBakhtin wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:
im betting thursday
+1
The problem with living in a time zone that's 17 hours ahead of Boalt's is that this still means Friday for me :wink:

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:08 pm

so when should I begin to compulsively refresh my status checker?

QuailMan

New

Post by QuailMan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
im betting thursday
I'm sticking with Friday. When I got into Berkeley UG, I had to log in on the very last day they said they would post decisions. Obviously that law school is different, but hey, its public school. Things just don't get done before someone says they will!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mistermister

Bronze

Post by mistermister » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:35 pm

also, CR 2 notices said they committee would begin reviewing their files this Friday. Seems to suggest CR 1 will continue until then.

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:52 pm

I believe the majority of CR decisions came out Thursday both last and the year before that. I think even a couple on Wednesday. Let's hope they stick to that.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:16 pm

timmna wrote:I believe the majority of CR decisions came out Thursday both last and the year before that. I think even a couple on Wednesday. Let's hope they stick to that.
Freak. Out. Mode.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Totally not even thinking about it.

Que sera, sera!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”