Berkeley CR Review 1 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bilbobaggins

Silver

Re: Berkeley CR Review 1

Post by bilbobaggins » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Not sure if this is actually helpful, but:

1) When they say the committee is "reviewing" the files on Friday this just means that's when they get the files. Many committee members seem to wait until the last minute, which brings me to:

2) Don't be sad if they don't come Thurs. They should be out by Friday and, of course:

3) Only about 10% meet with success in this round so I would balance your expectations against this fact.

That being said, good luck.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:30 pm

How many batches of CR are there? Two? Three?

If 200 students (more or less) are admitted via CR, would that mean that ~100 students may get favorable decisions this Friday?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 pm

neonx wrote:How many batches of CR are there? Two? Three?

If 200 students (more or less) are admitted via CR, would that mean that ~100 students may get favorable decisions this Friday?
Well, if we can trust Bilbo's numbers (I think we can), then only about 20 students will get good news whenever CR1 gets decisions.

I am going to UW I guess. And paying 30k less a year for LS. Good times will be had by all.

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:40 pm

I would think that more of the 200 picked get chosen from CR1. I only say this because Dean Tom in his interview stressed applying early, and people in CR2 generally applied later. Looking at LSN, it looks like around an equal number of people got in on March 9-11 and February 18th, so I may be wrong.

Edit: It's hard to tell if the March 9-11s are actually CR2s. Some applied really early. Perhaps they never got put into CR or they were waitlisted after CR1 and just didn't update their LSN well
Last edited by Redsgomarchingon on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Well, if we can trust Bilbo's numbers (I think we can), then only about 20 students will get good news whenever CR1 gets decisions.

I am going to UW I guess. And paying 30k less a year for LS. Good times will be had by all.
I think 20 students is way too low. Maybe 20 students on LSN, but not out of the entire Review 1 pool.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HopelesslyOptimistic

New

Post by HopelesslyOptimistic » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:46 pm

3.5, 157 and I'm in CR review. My boyfriend is 3.6, 169 and was rejected around Feb. 4. So no, definately not all about numbers. Just thought I would give you all a little bit of hope who think your low 160 scores are going to totally disqualify you. My theory based on my application, is that if you are in CR review, there are certain aspects of your application that caught their interest, and although your app wasn't necessarily strong enough to be accepted right away, it does merit further consideration. There are other factors aside from numbers that they are looking at.....So all is not lost lol Best of luck to everyone :)

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm

HopelesslyOptimistic wrote:3.5, 157 and I'm in CR review. My boyfriend is 3.6, 169 and was rejected around Feb. 4. So no, definately not all about numbers. Just thought I would give you all a little bit of hope who think your low 160 scores are going to totally disqualify you. My theory based on my application, is that if you are in CR review, there are certain aspects of your application that caught their interest, and although your app wasn't necessarily strong enough to be accepted right away, it does merit further consideration. There are other factors aside from numbers that they are looking at.....So all is not lost lol Best of luck to everyone :)
That's gotta be awkward!

blazinswordofjustice

New

Post by blazinswordofjustice » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:22 pm

neonx wrote: Freak. Out. Mode.
+1

at least its over soon...

for the record, i somehow luckily got to talk to dean tom for a brief moment and he told me to be proud to be in CR as only 20% or so of applicants are placed on it...so i guess a congrats to all the other CRs

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:06 pm

blazinswordofjustice wrote:
+1

for the record, i somehow luckily got to talk to dean tom for a brief moment and he told me to be proud to be in CR as only 20% or so of applicants are placed on it...so i guess a congrats to all the other CRs
yea, in a week we can brag to everyone that we almost got in :|

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
+1

If only that would make the rejection sting less...

santoinettea

Bronze

Post by santoinettea » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
+1

hahahaha. ...Two days!!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Coping mechanism: J. Bieber f. Jaden Smith's "Never Say Never"

softsgalore

New

Post by softsgalore » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:51 pm

neonx wrote:Coping mechanism: J. Bieber f. Jaden Smith's "Never Say Never"

Better coping mechanism: Romeo Void's "Never Say Never."

"I might like you better if we slept together..."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 pm

softsgalore wrote:

Let me guess, you're non-trad.

J/K: I saw the VH-1's Bands Reunited special, y'know.

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:01 am

Doing some back of the envelope math here based on all the inputs.

First, out of roughly 7,000 applicants, 20% is CR bound (regardless of CR1 or CR2) = 1,400

If 200 people get accepted from CR , the chances of someone coming out of CR (regardless of CR1 or CR2) is 200/1,400 = 14.3%

Let me make a wild guess and say that in terms of %, acceptance from CR1 and CR2 won't be that different. The reasoning is that given Berkeley's preferences towards early applicants, I would think more people would go in to CR1 batch (one filter already by Dean Tom) than into CR2.

I agree with the above post that the decision will likely be coming out on Friday. Either way, we can only wait until Friday.

GL to us all!

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 am

I'm going to be daring and say at least one person gets a call late tonight. Why not?

osalinas44

New

Post by osalinas44 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:45 am

HopelesslyOptimistic wrote:3.5, 157 and I'm in CR review. My boyfriend is 3.6, 169 and was rejected around Feb. 4. So no, definately not all about numbers. Just thought I would give you all a little bit of hope who think your low 160 scores are going to totally disqualify you. My theory based on my application, is that if you are in CR review, there are certain aspects of your application that caught their interest, and although your app wasn't necessarily strong enough to be accepted right away, it does merit further consideration. There are other factors aside from numbers that they are looking at.....So all is not lost lol Best of luck to everyone :)

Yeah I got CR 1. My numbers are 162, 3.7 URM (Mx Am.) so hopefully this CR will not be completely numbers based.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

softsgalore

New

Post by softsgalore » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

neonx wrote:
softsgalore wrote:

Let me guess, you're non-trad.

J/K: I saw the VH-1's Bands Reunited special, y'know.

Oof. I totally am a non-trad.

*goes back to listening to the 80s alternative station on Pandora*

Morrissey's dulcet tones will assuage my worries at my sudden awareness of the passage of time and of my own mortality.

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm

alicen

Bronze

Post by alicen » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm

omgomgomgomgomg.

phone is quiet.

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

ugh, I was hoping I wouldn't be watching my phone and email until tmw...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 pm

neonx wrote:And it begins: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/kimpossible
Yeah, well, that's probably not representative of the rest of the applicant pool, she's got her own disney tv show.

JTMan

Bronze

Post by JTMan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:20 pm

suspicious android wrote:
neonx wrote:And it begins: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/kimpossible
Yeah, well, that's probably not representative of the rest of the applicant pool, she's got her own disney tv show.
and has a talking naked mole-rat

masebase4

New

Post by masebase4 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
That's gotta be awkward!
sub 160/sub 3.6 here...but still alive

Guy

New

Post by Guy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 am

Its quiet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”