Berkeley CR Review 1 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
The Gentleman

Silver

Re: Berkeley CR Review 1

Post by The Gentleman » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:57 am

I'm almost certainly destined for a WL/ding at Berk, but I do appreciate the transparency in their admissions process. Knowing how they operate and when to expect a decision is very professional IMHO. UVa should take notes lol.

Anyway, good luck fellow CRs!

ejeric

New

Post by ejeric » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:25 am

Hello fellow CRers!
Is the outcome of the CR either in or ding, or is it possible to get waitlisted?
Thanks!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:12 am

ejeric wrote:Hello fellow CRers!
Is the outcome of the CR either in or ding, or is it possible to get waitlisted?
Thanks!
Pretty sure you can be WL'd off CR (Wouldn't that be extra shitty). =/

subversion

New

Post by subversion » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:03 pm

I hear that numbers don't really mean that much in CR. Dean Tom already screened us, so we already passed the numbers game. At this point I believe our softs will determine whether we get accepted/dinged/WL. That being said, it's true that people accepted off committee review have numbers similar to those accepted under administrative review, but that's only because most people under committee review have relatively high numbers. So for those of us in the low/sub-160 lsat range, we have a realistic chance of being accepted. And, even if we are reviewed by a faculty member that's more numbers-oriented, we still have two students advising him/her that are likely to be sympathetic to our softs. I'm just trying to introduce some optimism to this thread. If you look at faculty review decisions from past years, you'll see that there are people with high numbers who are rejected, and people with low numbers that are accepted; so numbers clearly are not decisive.

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:17 pm

Last edited by Redsgomarchingon on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:18 am

Redsgomarchingon wrote:9 more days... bought some Moet et Chandon in case I get accepted, and some jim bean in case I'm rejected

+1. Best idea ever. I like you already.

Also heard last year that some decisions came back pre-Feb. 18th. :shock:

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:45 am

Redsgomarchingon wrote:9 more days... bought some Moet et Chandon in case I get accepted, and some jim bean in case I'm rejected
I think the beam will have to be put on ice....

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 am

expat17 wrote:

Really? LSN seems pretty solidly settled on 2/18.

lmi

New

Post by lmi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:27 pm

timmna wrote:
expat17 wrote:

Actually, I just took a look at last years Berkeley thread and it appears that CR applicants were told they would hear on or around Feb. 19th last year (as that was Friday), and most people heard back on Feb. 18th. So, I guess if decisions are rendered in the same way this year, it is likely that many people will hear back on Thursday, Feb. 17th...good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

supersar

New

Post by supersar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:27 pm

just checking in!

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:26 pm

lmi wrote:
timmna wrote:
expat17 wrote:

Actually, I just took a look at last years Berkeley thread and it appears that CR applicants were told they would hear on or around Feb. 19th last year (as that was Friday), and most people heard back on Feb. 18th. So, I guess if decisions are rendered in the same way this year, it is likely that many people will hear back on Thursday, Feb. 17th...good luck!
Oh wow, I just saw that. Meet you guys back here in a week!

Philip_J_Fry

New

Post by Philip_J_Fry » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:37 pm

The suspense is killing me.

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:05 pm

This is the right thread for me! Very surprised to get a CR given my splittastic numbers, but also very excited for the opportunity to delude myself into thinking Boalt is an option for another week :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:07 pm

czelede wrote:This is the right thread for me! Very surprised to get a CR given my splittastic numbers, but also very excited for the opportunity to delude myself into thinking Boalt is an option for another week :)
Every passing week shuts another door!

softsgalore

New

Post by softsgalore » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:53 pm

At this point I feel like I probably have a better chance of winning the lottery this week than getting through CR, but where there's life, there's hope.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Are the people at the Ding Bar claiming Boalt dings on CR or not? Hopefully not. D:

lmi

New

Post by lmi » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Are the people at the Ding Bar claiming Boalt dings on CR or not? Hopefully not. D:
not.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Are the people at the Ding Bar claiming Boalt dings on CR or not? Hopefully not. D:
no CRs have been dinged to my knowledge, and I've been following the threads pretty closely

santoinettea

Bronze

Post by santoinettea » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Checking in...

: ) Next Friday!!!!

Redsgomarchingon

Bronze

Post by Redsgomarchingon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

santoinettea wrote:Checking in...

I've heard rumors it could be Thursday since last year the decisions came out a day early

santoinettea

Bronze

Post by santoinettea » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Redsgomarchingon wrote:
santoinettea wrote:Checking in...

I've heard rumors it could be Thursday since last year the decisions came out a day early
Even better. I can't wait until I have a set list of schools, so that I can start making some big decisions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

santoinettea

Bronze

Post by santoinettea » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Also, I realize this might be better suited for the Financial Aid threads, but it'd be especially helpful to get feedback from other CRs.

I was reviewing the finaid info email Boalt sent a few months ago, and they clarified that they require parent information on the FAFSA (as you know, this is not typical). Although I have sent my FAFSA to other schools, I have to wait for my parents to get their stuff together so that I can spend the special one to Berkeley. Has anyone just gone ahead and sent a student-info-only FAFSA to Berkeley in the meantime (especially considering their 02/18 decision deadline)? Thoughts?

[If this shouldn't be in this thread, I can delete it, no problem.]

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:54 pm

The dings today weren't CR dings.

First batch should know by whatever they said on the letter.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:27 am

santoinettea wrote:Also, I realize this might be better suited for the Financial Aid threads, but it'd be especially helpful to get feedback from other CRs.

I was reviewing the finaid info email Boalt sent a few months ago, and they clarified that they require parent information on the FAFSA (as you know, this is not typical). Although I have sent my FAFSA to other schools, I have to wait for my parents to get their stuff together so that I can spend the special one to Berkeley. Has anyone just gone ahead and sent a student-info-only FAFSA to Berkeley in the meantime (especially considering their 02/18 decision deadline)? Thoughts?

I went ahead and added their school code to my FAFSA when I submitted it. I doubt they're going to reject me any faster because of that, you know?

Once my parents have their stuff together I am going to edit my FAFSA and get that information in there (hopefully I can do that).

They should love how absolutely broke my parents are (having made a combined 10 grand last year. LOL)

santoinettea

Bronze

Post by santoinettea » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
santoinettea wrote:Also, I realize this might be better suited for the Financial Aid threads, but it'd be especially helpful to get feedback from other CRs.

I went ahead and added their school code to my FAFSA when I submitted it. I doubt they're going to reject me any faster because of that, you know?

Once my parents have their stuff together I am going to edit my FAFSA and get that information in there (hopefully I can do that).

They should love how absolutely broke my parents are (having made a combined 10 grand last year. LOL)
Haha, nice! Thanks for the information! Also, yes, I think you can update it with your parent information afterwards. I know in my case that I sent the FAFSA to 10 schools, will re-submit my FAFSA to another 4, and then re-submit it AGAIN to the 10 and to the 4 once I've actually filed my taxes. Yay complicated. Good luck!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”