In @ UCLA (for class of 2014) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NorCalBruin

Silver

Re: In @ UCLA (for class of 2014)

Post by NorCalBruin » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 am

I think there's a mix of both, but most people drive.

I survived UCLA undergrad without a car, but now that I am a couple years out of school I couldn't imagine life in LA without one. I think that most people would agree that it's nice to have a car in Los Angeles--even though the traffic here is terrible--its just so much easier and convenient to go places when you have one. It also depends who you are. I like to get out of the "Westwood Bubble" and do things like go hiking in the SM mountains, go eat in WeHo, or see a game at Dodger Stadium, etc... I also know people throughout west LA and I like to have the ability to drive and visit them whenever I want. You theoretically could do all those things using just public transportation, but it would be a huge pain in the ass. Although The Big Blue Bus and Metro Rapid do a good job getting between SM/Brentwood and UCLA.

Then again, if you are new to LA, and new to UCLA, you might be perfectly happy staying in the westwood bubble and in whatever little neighborhood you're in. If you don't plan on taking a car AND you don't plan on living in Weyburn, I think it would be smart to AT LEAST have a roommate, significant other, or good friends who will let you borrow theirs!

I know that's probably a little more wishy-washy then what you were looking for. Hope it helps though.

williams55

New

Post by williams55 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Just deposited! whew...hello all!

NotImportant

New

Post by NotImportant » Thu May 26, 2011 1:22 pm

Just a heads up to everyone checking out this thread. There is a Facebook group for UCLA Class of 2014 and there is a bit of discussion on there. Feel free to join.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”