U of Arkansas (Fayetteville) 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
anni

Bronze

U of Arkansas (Fayetteville) 2011

Post by anni » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:59 pm

Haven't seen this anywhere, hope that's not a bad sign :?

Has anyone applied and not received any acknowledgment?

edit--forgot to add Fayette ville

radio-edit

New

Re: U of Arkansas (Fayetteville) 2011

Post by radio-edit » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Don't stress about it. I applied, and I didn't receive any notification that they had received my application or that it was complete - I even emailed them to ask and never got a response. But I still got in, so they must have gotten something. :)

arkansawyer

Bronze

Post by arkansawyer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Fayetteville!! Whooo!!!

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 am

radio-edit wrote:Don't stress about it. I applied, and I didn't receive any notification that they had received my application or that it was complete - I even emailed them to ask and never got a response. But I still got in, so they must have gotten something. :)

Congrats!

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 am

representin' (but not for too much longer...)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ccombs02

New

Post by ccombs02 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:49 am

Received my "tentative admission" notice in December after about three weeks of waiting. Still havent mailed the documents or $$ to complete the admissions process.....I guess I'm holding out for other offers, but will most likely find myself in Fayetteville this fall.

mediation_86

New

Post by mediation_86 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:04 am

I got the tentative admission letter also, how is this school overall?

Is this a good tier 2 school?

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:28 am

mediation_86 wrote:I got the tentative admission letter also, how is this school overall?

Is this a good tier 2 school?

As far as tier 2 schools, or for that matter even tier 3 schools, go, I think Arkansas is a pretty good pick. I don't go there, but I know it is well thought of in Arkansas, as well as perhaps a small circumference around the area (southern MO, eastern OK, etc. etc.). It's reach is a little bit better than its counterpart at UALR. In fact, a lot of people from outside of Arkansas don't even realize there are two Arkansas law schools.

The area has a college-vibe to it and is pretty cheap to live in. Plus the fact that you can get in-state tuition after a year regardless, at around 12K tuition, adds to its affordability. So all in all, if you really like that region, I think it's worth considering, especially given that your debt won't be astronomical when you're done (at least relative to those who are paying $40K+ a year). Their alumni network have a pretty strong dominance within the state as well.

mediation_86

New

Post by mediation_86 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:35 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wamaxey

New

Post by wamaxey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:47 am

Got my acceptance letter today!!! Offered $5k the first two semesters, and $3800 each semester forward as long as i stay in the top 20%. Very exciting stuff!

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:31 pm

What if I don't qualify for index admission? Is that pretty much a rejection?

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:51 pm

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm in at Fayetteville and Little Rock. Anyone know about residency being turned down? Does everyone get approved for residency after 6 months or whatever it is?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TruffleMomma

New

Post by TruffleMomma » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:01 pm

wamaxey wrote:Got my acceptance letter today!!! Offered $5k the first two semesters, and $3800 each semester forward as long as i stay in the top 20%. Very exciting stuff!
Congrats- that is awesome! Hope to see you in the hallways next year... Also, that top 20% makes law review.. so, you will be in great company!

TruffleMomma

New

Post by TruffleMomma » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:08 pm

anni wrote:What if I don't qualify for index admission? Is that pretty much a rejection?
Actually, it is... but all is not lost- if the reason you don't qualify is the lower requirement for Arkansas residents...Contact Jim Miller's office and ask how you can apply "again". They take their index people first but then go back and fill in the remainder of the spots. In fact, the majority of people in the current 3L and 2L classes must have gotten in that way because it is not a bunch of Arkansas folks- lots of out of state people too.

And I love it here... Fayetteville is gorgeous and the school is rigorous. Of course, we have been out of school for four days now due to the snow storm...

TruffleMomma

New

Post by TruffleMomma » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:10 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:I'm in at Fayetteville and Little Rock. Anyone know about residency being turned down? Does everyone get approved for residency after 6 months or whatever it is?
You will get residency if you follow the instructions given to you upon arrival. There is a list of certain things you must have to switch residency... get a local bank account, get your driver license asap, change tags on car, get lease signed, and register to vote. That should do it for you.

I was turned down for residency after the first year, appealed, and got residency. I had an interesting set of circumstances including an out of state residence where my family lives... if I can do it, you will have no problem!

Good luck and see you in a few months!!!

ScrabbleChamp

Silver

Post by ScrabbleChamp » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:22 pm

anni wrote:What if I don't qualify for index admission? Is that pretty much a rejection?
If you don't qualify and they are still interested in you, they will send you a supplemental form to fill out and send back for non-index admissions. If they didn't send you the form, you have been officially rejected.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

anni

Bronze

Post by anni » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:40 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
If you don't qualify and they are still interested in you, they will send you a supplemental form to fill out and send back for non-index admissions. If they didn't send you the form, you have been officially rejected.
Yeah I filled it out and sent it back, just wasn't sure if I would have a chance as non-index. I am a TX resident so it was 205, mine is 204.24. Ughhh

august08

New

Post by august08 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:45 pm

In at Fayetteville too! I'm from Arkansas so its my safety school, but did the Assistant Dean of Admissions call anyone else over the break? definitely called me and caught me super off guard.

Voltaire

New

Post by Voltaire » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 pm

august08 wrote:In at Fayetteville too! I'm from Arkansas so its my safety school, but did the Assistant Dean of Admissions call anyone else over the break? definitely called me and caught me super off guard.
Yeah, Mr. Miller called me at about 7:45 AM in October just about a week after I applied. I definitely wasn't expecting to hear anything so fast or so early. He's probably too important to be in his office that early.

He seemed really nice, though. We talked forever after I got the grog out.

radio-edit

New

Post by radio-edit » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:43 pm

Voltaire wrote:
august08 wrote:In at Fayetteville too! I'm from Arkansas so its my safety school, but did the Assistant Dean of Admissions call anyone else over the break? definitely called me and caught me super off guard.
Yeah, Mr. Miller called me at about 7:45 AM in October just about a week after I applied. I definitely wasn't expecting to hear anything so fast or so early. He's probably too important to be in his office that early.

He seemed really nice, though. We talked forever after I got the grog out.
Wow, they won't even answer my e-mails - I've sent more than one with zero response. What am I doing wrong? Are y'all residents?

I'm leaning toward other schools, but Arkansas isn't off the radar - almost my entire extended family lives there, it'd be extremely cheap, I like Little Rock, and being a Razorback for a while might make my parents forgive me for ever being a Longhorn. The lack of communication makes me really wary, though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lullyn

New

Post by Lullyn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Do they send out scholarship info with their acceptance letters?

I've been accepted with a 3.9/154, but haven't heard anything about scholarship procedures. I currently live in GA (waiting to hear back from UGA and GSU), and am wanting to find out whether I can get an out-of-state fee waiver or not.

---
I got accepted about a couple weeks after I sent in my application- which if you applied early enough as long as you fit their scoring table you should have been accepted immediately.

jaymaynard

Bronze

Post by jaymaynard » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Does Arkansas have a status checker? In going through my emails I noticed that they are the only school that I did not receive one from, which is mildly concerning.

Also, does anyone know how rigid that admissions index is? If I'm over the threshold, can I pretty much expect admission?

wamaxey

New

Post by wamaxey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Lullyn wrote:Do they send out scholarship info with their acceptance letters?

I've been accepted with a 3.9/154, but haven't heard anything about scholarship procedures. I currently live in GA (waiting to hear back from UGA and GSU), and am wanting to find out whether I can get an out-of-state fee waiver or not.

---
I got accepted about a couple weeks after I sent in my application- which if you applied early enough as long as you fit their scoring table you should have been accepted immediately.

Yeah, I got scholarship info with my acceptance.

Lullyn

New

Post by Lullyn » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:07 pm

jaymaynard wrote:Does Arkansas have a status checker? In going through my emails I noticed that they are the only school that I did not receive one from, which is mildly concerning.

Also, does anyone know how rigid that admissions index is? If I'm over the threshold, can I pretty much expect admission?
They don't have a status checker that I know of. I called them right at two weeks after applying and they said they mailed my letter and that it was good. I barely made it into their admissions index. I did visit the school and took a tour before applying, but they didn't make it sound rigid. The only mitigating factor would be that I applied in November.

Thanks wamaxey! I guess I'll just have to call them and see if there is any way to negotiate a waiver, though my lsat scores weren't very impressive.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”