Accepted to FIU...

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
J21
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby J21 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Decision rendered, letter mailed via status checker 02/16. How long did it take to get your letter for those that have been accepted? I live in South Florida.

User avatar
KJenae
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby KJenae » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 pm

J21 wrote:Decision rendered, letter mailed via status checker 02/16. How long did it take to get your letter for those that have been accepted? I live in South Florida.



Mine did not come but you can always email them and ask for it via email and you will get it in five minutes. That is if you are anxious...

J21
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby J21 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Would you happen to know who I can email? I appreciate it!

User avatar
KJenae
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby KJenae » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm

J21 wrote:Would you happen to know who I can email? I appreciate it!



lawadmit@fiu.edu

The email can be really simple. This is the email I sent just said:

I would like to request my admission status via email please. Thank You=)

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby RAB » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 am

My status said under review as of 1/25 and then the date changed to 2/22...has everyone elses dates changed before receiving a decision? If so, how long does it usually take for a decision to be sent after the "second" under review?

drummerboy
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:42 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby drummerboy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:21 pm

I need some help. FIU full ride versus Stetson 10k/yr no stipulations parents helping me with room and board in both situations. Which would you choose?

WVUguy11
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby WVUguy11 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Decision letter mailed today, but they took too long reviewing my application. I have decided to attend elsewhere. FIU looks really nice though, so goodluck to those attending! Drummer: Congrats on the full ride!

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby RAB » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:24 pm

Decision and letter sent today also. Tried to get them to email it to me but they said it will be mailed out tomorrow and I don't receive it in a week to email them back.

RAB
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby RAB » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Question: my status says decision rendered, letter sent and I still didn't receive it from last week, so I just emailed them and asked them to send it to me.

I open the letter up and its thanking me for applying and letting me know that the committee is presently reviewing my application.

Did everyone else get this letter also?

WVUguy11
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:21 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby WVUguy11 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Lmao. I still have not received anything yet. So, who knows what the hell is going on down there at FIU.

J21
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby J21 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:34 pm

RAB wrote:Question: my status says decision rendered, letter sent and I still didn't receive it from last week, so I just emailed them and asked them to send it to me.

I open the letter up and its thanking me for applying and letting me know that the committee is presently reviewing my application.

Did everyone else get this letter also?


Rab, I received that letter as well. Do you mind PMing me your numbers to see if we are in the same range.

Egaray89
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:52 am

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby Egaray89 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Is there a chance I can get in with a 144 and a 3.5 GPA?

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby twairlines » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Egaray89 wrote:Is there a chance I can get in with a 144 and a 3.5 GPA?

I don't know...this is FIU they only take the best....eh wait I see you said 144...auto admit, congrats!!!

jjc10d
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby jjc10d » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:59 am

Hey my file went under review on 3/22 so I'm waiting...I wanted to know as an applicant what do you think...Graduated in dec from fsu.. top 13% of my class out of 10500. double maj: poly sci and history. 22 A's 8B's in my final 30 4 semesters. Which I did in a year and a half to showcase I'm capable of doing well in LS b/c before I got my AA my gpa was crap. My FSU gpa is 3.75...however my OVERALL is 2.96(which is what they'll see). My lsat is 153..I had a huge turn around once I entered my majors...Lets just say for my sake my PS is amazing and eye catching..what do you think my chances of getting in FIU are...

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby Dream Machine » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 am

jjc10d wrote:Hey my file went under review on 3/22 so I'm waiting...I wanted to know as an applicant what do you think...Graduated in dec from fsu.. top 13% of my class out of 10500. double maj: poly sci and history. 22 A's 8B's in my final 30 4 semesters. Which I did in a year and a half to showcase I'm capable of doing well in LS b/c before I got my AA my gpa was crap. My FSU gpa is 3.75...however my OVERALL is 2.96(which is what they'll see). My lsat is 153..I had a huge turn around once I entered my majors...Lets just say for my sake my PS is amazing and eye catching..what do you think my chances of getting in FIU are...


...FSU has class ranks?

jjc10d
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: Accepted to FIU...

Postby jjc10d » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:55 am

yep




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, bleakchimera2, cathy95, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hopeful applicant, KeYe88, lawschoolbound2017, notausername, oliviaj_j, proteinshake, Pugnax, ramp_999, Rubbishdump and 21 guests