In at Columbia 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thunderflesh

In at Columbia 2011

Postby thunderflesh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

Decisions have started going out! Ergo, thunderflesh presents: "In at Columbia 2011".

My decision has come down to NYU vs. Columbia, barring some amazing scholly that I haven't been given yet. It will probably be decided by which ASW I have more fun at.

Long story short, I've been at NYU for almost 6 years now, so part of me might be ready for a change of pace. But then again, [Greenwich Village/easy access to Brooklyn] >>> Morningside Heights. Decisions, decisions.

Congratulations everyone!

stilles

Re: In at Columbia 2011

Postby stilles » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 am

Congrats on your acceptance!

Used to live in NY Upper West Side and loved it...doesn't have the nightlife of downtown but is perfect for studying and a low key atmosphere. Red line takes you downtown in 20 min

Congrats again,!

kazu

Postby kazu » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:55 am

thunderflesh

Postby thunderflesh » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 am

crap. I tried to find such a thread but obviously looked in the wrong forum :oops:

Sandrew

Postby Sandrew » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:47 am

I noticed someone on LSN who just withdrew from Columbia with Hamilton this week. Anyone know what happens to the Hamilton scholarship when it's turned down? Would they extend another offer? Or do they plan for these eventualities, and extend a few more Hamiltons on the first go than they expect will ultimately matriculate?

Also, bump. It feels rude to post this in the general Columbia thread, where most posters seem to be quite anxious to hear back.

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:59 am

Sandrew wrote:I noticed someone on LSN who just withdrew from Columbia with Hamilton this week. Anyone know what happens to the Hamilton scholarship when it's turned down? Would they extend another offer? Or do they plan for these eventualities, and extend a few more Hamiltons on the first go than they expect will ultimately matriculate?

Also, bump. It feels rude to post this in the general Columbia thread, where most posters seem to be quite anxious to hear back.

I doubt they'll extend more offers. I hope they'll put the money into the funds for need based grants

Sandrew

Postby Sandrew » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 pm

bhan87 wrote:
Sandrew wrote:I noticed someone on LSN who just withdrew from Columbia with Hamilton this week. Anyone know what happens to the Hamilton scholarship when it's turned down? Would they extend another offer? Or do they plan for these eventualities, and extend a few more Hamiltons on the first go than they expect will ultimately matriculate?

I doubt they'll extend more offers. I hope they'll put the money into the funds for need based grants

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for snapping me back to reality. I guess I'm just overly anxious/hopeful about the fact that I've yet to receive any merit-based scholarship offer.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”