I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby weejonbu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 pm

lsatextreme wrote:in this base, though im more of early-mid jan.

1 reject, 1 WL so far. 48 more to go.


Sweet Moses... did no one see this? I think this wins that other thread on who applied to the most schools...

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby Kinderby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:08 pm

weejonbu wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:in this base, though im more of early-mid jan.

1 reject, 1 WL so far. 48 more to go.


Sweet Moses... did no one see this? I think this wins that other thread on who applied to the most schools...

I saw it. I'm still prying my jaw off the floor, so I couldn't type. :o

weejonbu
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby weejonbu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:11 pm

lsatextreme, how much money did you spend on apps?

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Kinderby wrote:
weejonbu wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:in this base, though im more of early-mid jan.

1 reject, 1 WL so far. 48 more to go.


Sweet Moses... did no one see this? I think this wins that other thread on who applied to the most schools...

I saw it. I'm still prying my jaw off the floor, so I couldn't type. :o


I saw it. I ignored it. Unless that was paid for with fee waivers, that is pure stupidity and entirely unnecessary. That is $600 in LSAC fees alone. That is just throwing shit up against a wall and hoping something sticks. If you have no idea where you want to go to law school so you apply to 25% of the existing law schools, you are in trouble.

User avatar
SherlockHolmes
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby SherlockHolmes » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:25 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Kinderby wrote:
weejonbu wrote:
lsatextreme wrote:in this base, though im more of early-mid jan.

1 reject, 1 WL so far. 48 more to go.


Sweet Moses... did no one see this? I think this wins that other thread on who applied to the most schools...

I saw it. I'm still prying my jaw off the floor, so I couldn't type. :o


I saw it. I ignored it. Unless that was paid for with fee waivers, that is pure stupidity and entirely unnecessary. That is $600 in LSAC fees alone. That is just throwing shit up against a wall and hoping something sticks. If you have no idea where you want to go to law school so you apply to 25% of the existing law schools, you are in trouble.


TITCR

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:04 pm

I saw it an just called B>S
then I thought about it and thought he meant 4-8 schools.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:06 pm

northwood wrote:I saw it an just called B>S
then I thought about it and thought he meant 4-8 schools.


Doesn't make sense in context. If you have not heard back from 8 schools, you would say "8 more to go," not "4-8 to go."

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:11 pm

true- still calling it BS. Thats incredibly stupid to apply to 48 schools, unless they want to go to the best law school in each state in the contintental USA????

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:14 pm

northwood wrote:true- still calling it BS. Thats incredibly stupid to apply to 48 schools, unless they want to go to the best law school in each state in the contintental USA????


Oh we are definitely on the same page about it being BS. Could you imagine staying up to date on 48 status checkers? :lol:

leonal41
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby leonal41 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Apps in 12/31 to 1/5 n sent one to UIUC a couple of days ago, in at Wake(small scholly) n Howard(large scholly), 11 more to go

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby lawfreak » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Applied around 1/7 to 8 schools (no not 48 thank God!!!!!) and haven't heard a thing from any of them! I hope this is not a bad sign!

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:46 pm

lawfreak wrote:Applied around 1/7 to 8 schools (no not 48 thank God!!!!!) and haven't heard a thing from any of them! I hope this is not a bad sign!


Same boat, only applied to four more schools than you. It's not. I have five in review, the rest are still in a holding pattern on complete.

User avatar
Siamsa414
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby Siamsa414 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:07 pm

I applied to 17 schools, got most of them in 1/6-8 and then a few stragglers as late as 1/22 (unexpected fee waivers from schools I wasn't planning to apply to). I haven't gotten any decisions yet, although one is supposed to be in the mail; I'm in review at a handful of places, haven't even gotten status checkers yet for others.

User avatar
bigjinjapan
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby bigjinjapan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:13 pm

Submitted 15 apps 12/19-26. Results so far:

In at:
WUSTL
GWU

WL at:
UVA
Vanderbilt

UR at 6 others

Still 'Processing' at Cornell... :roll:

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:29 pm

bigjinjapan wrote:Submitted 15 apps 12/19-26. Results so far:

In at:
WUSTL
GWU

WL at:
UVA
Vanderbilt

UR at 6 others

Still 'Processing' at Cornell... :roll:


Get comfortable. Me too. I've been processing since Nov. 30

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Applied on 1/7. Only heard back from American, it was an acceptance. UR at a like 6-7 schools though right now.

mango2281
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby mango2281 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 pm

I applied super late around 1/22-23 for all my schools, 22 in all (a few more than planned due to fee waivers).
Now complete at 7 out of the 22.

I know I shot myself in the foot applying so late especially since I'm a splitter :(
Not so optimistic about getting good news early, since I'm probably looking at a lot of wait lists.

Good luck to all the late apps!

User avatar
Siamsa414
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby Siamsa414 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 am

mango2281 wrote:I know I shot myself in the foot applying so late especially since I'm a splitter :(
Not so optimistic about getting good news early, since I'm probably looking at a lot of wait lists.


I feel you. I'm a fairly major splitter myself--GPA below 25th and LSAT above 75th for almost every school I applied to. I really wish I'd gotten things together earlier, but now we just wait and see. If my cycle is sufficiently disastrous, I guess I'll work for another year and reapply next year. Sigh.

sunyoo25
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby sunyoo25 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 am

I'm so happy to find this thread!
I still have like 10 schools to hear from, still processing at several. :mrgreen:
I'm an international student IN undergrad with little to no WE, making this late app thing sooo much worse for me.
Here's to hoping for the best!


EDIT: In at Vandy, UT, and Minnesota.
Last edited by sunyoo25 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby champsound » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 am

I applied to 10 schools on 1/12. In at Duke (priority track) and Berkeley (my undergrad), probably why they responded so fast. Still waiting on 7 more. Complete at 5, processing at 2.

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:52 am

I applied to most of my schools between 1/8-1/14. A few took longer because I was waiting on fee waivers. I have heard back from two and I'm waiting on 15 more. LSN in profile.

WarioLaw
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:10 am

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby WarioLaw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am

Applied to 18 schools over holiday break.

Accepted at:
Vanderbilt
Texas
Wisconsin
Duke (PT)
Wayne State
Illinois

Most of the others are complete or in review. I do have a few stragglers that have not been verified as complete.

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby Ship87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:19 am

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/ship87

Applied to 7 schools around 12/20, and Penn & Duke early January. Have only heard from NYU where I've been accepted. Good luck everyone! I don't think applying in December makes as much of a difference as everyone says it does on LSN except for truly borderline candidates.

shoop
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby shoop » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:25 am

Submitted apps 12/25 but had all my LORs and transcripts in a couple months before that. Went complete at most schools by 1/5, though Michigan and Cornell are still dicking around and "processing." No status checker at Mich yet.

Accepted:
Duke 1/11
Penn 1/21
Berkeley 1/24

Decision letter supposedly sent 1/21 from NYU, but I don't buy it. The USPS isn't THAT shitty; it would have been here by now.

WL'ed and WD'ed at Minnesota earlier this week. Might dump Cornell as well once I get a couple more acceptances because they and I both know they're gonna YP me.

Waiting on:
Harvard
Stanford
Columbia
Chicago
Michigan
UVA
Northwestern
Georgetown
Cornell

User avatar
Ship87
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: I Applied Late in December/Early January to all my schools.

Postby Ship87 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 am

Shoop, I was DLS 1/21 in NYU too. Try logging into their ASW and seeing if it works

Edit: Whoops, just saw that you already have. So you're in! Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”