Waitlisted - now says "File complete, in review." Thoughts?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TOMaHULK

Waitlisted - now says "File complete, in review." Thoughts?

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:15 pm

I was waitlisted at a school. On their status checker it read "further consideration at a later date." I then received an email stating the same.

My status checker for this school as read the same for about a month and a half.

Today it reads "File complete, in review."

So...obviously I guess the "later date" of consideration is today. How long does something like this usually take? Also, is it a good or bad sign for a waitlisted person to be under review again this early (January)? I've heard that some will waitlist up until the first day of classes...

Thoughts?

meh3884

Re: Waitlisted - now says "File complete, in review." Thoughts?

Postby meh3884 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:45 pm

TOMaHULK wrote:I was waitlisted at a school. On their status checker it read "further consideration at a later date." I then received an email stating the same.

My status checker for this school as read the same for about a month and a half.

So...obviously I guess the "later date" of consideration is today. How long does something like this usually take? Also, is it a good or bad sign for a waitlisted person to be under review again this early (January)? I've heard that some will waitlist up until the first day of classes...

Thoughts?

If you sent a LOCI it probably is a good thing they're looking at you again so soon. Or maybe their influx of apps slowed down so they're reviewing top WL-ers early. Trying to be optimistic for you!

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:52 pm

meh3884 wrote:
TOMaHULK wrote:I was waitlisted at a school. On their status checker it read "further consideration at a later date." I then received an email stating the same.

Thoughts?

If you sent a LOCI it probably is a good thing they're looking at you again so soon. Or maybe their influx of apps slowed down so they're reviewing top WL-ers early. Trying to be optimistic for you!

I was hoping that the LOCI was what caught their eye too. However, I sent that in over a month ago. :cry: So...yeah, maybe.

I'll update this thread when/if I hear anything though.

TOMaHULK

Postby TOMaHULK » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:40 pm

I promised to update this thread in the event that anything changed.

I was ACCEPTED today via status checker. :P

So for me, the change from being Waitlisted to "File complete, in review" was a good thing. Maybe that LOCI helped me out some. We'll never know, and it really doesn't matter how I got in, just that I did I suppose.

Remember Waitlisted people, there IS HOPE FOR YOU YET. :wink:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”