Vent 2.0

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tartugas

Vent 2.0

Postby tartugas » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:35 pm

stheskier tried to start this thread earlier today, and it quickly devolved into a pointless flamewar. Seems like there might be some folks on edge these days. Go fig. The irony is that frustrations did get vented, but not in the way stheskier intended, nor in a way that I think really helped anyone blow off steam.

Dangerous though it might be, I think the idea has merit. Let's face it, waiting to hear back is stressful. The decision process is out of our hands at this moment, and that's stressful. Those of us who are still awaiting word from schools are like kids who've been left lined up on gym wall, waiting to be picked for a team - and everyone else is getting picked but us.

Therefore I propose Vent 2.0 - The Revenge Of The Unpicked.

Here's the rules:

1. No Dings screeds. - There's already a thread for that. http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103945

2. No Disses. Seriously. Just let people blow off steam. This isn't the place to get into 5 page debates over how stupid someone is, how pointless/all important LSAT's or GPA's are, or how you should get more consideration because your choice to major in continental basket weaving philosophy was waaaay harder than those morons who chose to take poli sci. Take it over to xoxo.

3. Take it all with a grain of salt. Especially if your on an admissions committee that is looking at my app right now.

Allow me to begin...

tartugas

Re: Vent 2.0

Postby tartugas » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:35 pm

ahem

CURSE YOU (insert school of choice here) for continuing to make me wait in LIMBO for information on my applications while LITERALLY MILLIONS of other far, FAR less qualified candidates are comfortably relaxing with a pile of admission letters with huge scholarship offers in their laps.

I worked hard at school. I suffered deprivations untold (well, except of course for those I bragged about overcoming in my PS, WHICH APPARENTLY NO ONE ON YOUR ADCOMM TEAM HAS BOTHERED TO READ YET). I slammed the LSAT. I didn't just break the GPA curve at my school, I ANNIHILATED it. The dean at my school told me personally he wanted to give me a 6.0 and name 3 buildings on campus after me in recognition of my superhuman capabilities. He also had the LOR he wrote for me hand-bound in vellum and placed on permanent display in the library so that future generations might someday have the opportunity to understand what greatness looks like.

Mark my words, oh shameful institute of rhetorical training. You will rue these weeks of pain you have caused my family and friends, who even now tear at their hair and beat their breasts in sympathetic suffering. This pain shall not be forgotten. These days of insult and injury will be remembered. And I will have my vengence!!!

Well... all right, maybe I'll just have another beer and go sit in the corner. Just promise you'll let me know by April, please?

Evrydyhonestliar

Postby Evrydyhonestliar » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm so frustrated with waiting, without even a glance thus far, for 2+ months at my UG institution's law school. Whose medians I am far above, and whose law school I would really like to attend. No seriously, I love it here. Why are they letting in people who applied much later than I did, while I shout to them my love everyday when I drive by my way to class???

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Dear Alma Mater,

If you send me ONE MORE EMAIL asking for a donation without sending me a decision letter, I will respond with a diatrabe worthy of the OP.

Seriously.

I've been under review since October. You've let in others with numbers matching mine. I have some seriously STELLAR softs. What gives?

In love and frustration,
Jeeves

bergg007

Postby bergg007 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:34 pm

nice erasing the aa troll. much respect

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:37 pm

tartugas wrote:3. Take it all with a grain of salt. Especially if your on an admissions committee that is looking at my app right now.

:lol:

Dear _______,

I'm starting to think that I either got waitlisted or rejected, which is frustrating, because I was pretty sure I would get rejected with my numbers so I wasn't even going to apply. Then you sent me a fee waiver. While I know that they're no indication of whether or not you're going to be offered acceptance, they should be, dammit. (Unless, of course, you request one.)

Dear _______ & _______,

My numbers are auto-reject. I don't know who you're trying to fool. I don't want rejection letters, of course, but since you and I both know what's coming, why don't you just get to it. Making me wait isn't nice at all.

Dear _______,

I have loved you since undergrad. I turned you down for monetary reasons, but I really regret that decision. LET ME INNNNNNN. Please?

Subtle

JaLeCa

Postby JaLeCa » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:40 pm

This waiting is probably helping me realize more than anything that I don't really want to go to law school. I've been doing lots of research and finding nothing good. On top of the fact that I got a super nice raise at my job. And I can handle the undergrad debt I already have without piling it on even more. And the fact that lawyers are incredible douches (no offense)

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm

I purposely didn't ED so that I could be left with options to chose from, only to be left with one clear choice. If I made a "Where should I go?" thread it be unanimous. Also,I applied the first day apps came out....Duke, NYU, Northwestern and Colombia I know you could have gotten around to telling me something by now. NYU especially...are you really going to make me wait till april for a WL/Reject? Also northwestern...I have no work experience and we both know what that means... just let me have it.

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:21 am

whathojeeves wrote:Dear Alma Mater,

If you send me ONE MORE EMAIL asking for a donation without sending me a decision letter, I will respond with a diatrabe worthy of the OP.

Seriously.

I've been under review since October. You've let in others with numbers matching mine. I have some seriously STELLAR softs. What gives?

In love and frustration,
Jeeves

+1
Hear Hear!!

Sherrybaby

Postby Sherrybaby » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:03 am

I haven't bitten my fingernails since 6th grade.

Until about mid-December, when I mysteriously started back. I was a bit perplexed as to why this was happening... and then I realized that I submitted ALL of my apps in the first week of OCTOBER and have only heard back from two schools. TWO. and don't get me wrong, they're good schools and I'm happy and all, but, really. There's no reason people who just applied in January should have already gotten in when I've been sitting at under review since October.

So my poor fingernails are just going to suffer. and my sanity.

LilMonsterAnnie

Postby LilMonsterAnnie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 pm

I am FED UP with being notified via email of a rejection. Bastards. Spend the .44 cents on a stamp and 10 seconds on your signature for crying out loud.
I spent on average $75.00 per application, I at least deserve to be blown off less cold and impersonal - I could care less "how many applicants you have received".
:roll:

Shooter

Postby Shooter » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:11 pm

WHY IS EVERYTHING TAKING SO FREAKING LONG!!!!!?????

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”