The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TheGreatWait
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby TheGreatWait » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:59 pm

I assume my rejection is coming on Monday. Complete 11/29, UR since 12/3ish. Then crickets (and possible laughter echoing all the way from Cambridge). Don't spend that $85 application fee all in one place, Harvard.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby subtle » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:02 pm

TheGreatWait wrote:I assume my rejection is coming on Monday. Complete 11/29, UR since 12/3ish. Then crickets (and possible laughter echoing all the way from Cambridge). Don't spend that $85 application fee all in one place, Harvard.


This is often how I feel.

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby mel2010 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:58 pm

Survived into a new week! Kind of...ish... :? Everyone still here?

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

mel2010 wrote:Survived into a new week! Kind of...ish... :? Everyone still here?


womp womp, 11/9 still holding stronggggg, I've kinda accepted the fact that this is neither a good nor a bad thing :?

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby subtle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm

eaa1537 wrote:
mel2010 wrote:Survived into a new week! Kind of...ish... :? Everyone still here?


womp womp, 11/9 still holding stronggggg, I've kinda accepted the fact that this is neither a good nor a bad thing :?


Sameeee. UR 12/20

I keep going: Subtle, it doesn't matter. It's unlikely you'll get in anyway. You should just make your decision as if you were to get rejected, and then a little part of me goes, But what if you get in? And that little part of me keeps me waiting and tortured. It's a daily cycle.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:54 pm

subtle wrote:
eaa1537 wrote:
mel2010 wrote:Survived into a new week! Kind of...ish... :? Everyone still here?


womp womp, 11/9 still holding stronggggg, I've kinda accepted the fact that this is neither a good nor a bad thing :?


Sameeee. UR 12/20

I keep going: Subtle, it doesn't matter. It's unlikely you'll get in anyway. You should just make your decision as if you were to get rejected, and then a little part of me goes, But what if you get in? And that little part of me keeps me waiting and tortured. It's a daily cycle.


hahaha OMG you're my emotions twin! Here's to surviving another day :D

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 pm

Today is the deadline. I expect some movement tomorrow. I'll give them to the end of the week and then I'm freaking out.

User avatar
mel2010
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby mel2010 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:37 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Today is the deadline. I expect some movement tomorrow. I'll give them to the end of the week and then I'm freaking out.


So today is the deadline for action tomorrow or Thursday or Friday? My kind of deadline! :lol:

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:40 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Today is the deadline. I expect some movement tomorrow. I'll give them to the end of the week and then I'm freaking out.


I think passing the 3 month mark without ANY sign of life from Harvard is reason enough to send them an e-mail asking WTF?! (perhaps a bit more politely)

User avatar
Hobbes89
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:12 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby Hobbes89 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:40 pm

UR mid-December....am I forgotten yet?

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Hobbes89 wrote:UR mid-December....am I forgotten yet?


I'm UR 11/3. So no one else looks very forgotten to me (except maybe EEA who is Ur like the week after me).

Regardless, if you feel you have been forgotten, you are welcome in the thread. Though last week some people with late November UR dates were held, so you will likely hear something before I do.

Because my application is wedged between the desk and wall of one of the admins to be considered for the class of 2017.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby cardinals1989 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:
Hobbes89 wrote:UR mid-December....am I forgotten yet?


I'm UR 11/3. So no one else looks very forgotten to me (except maybe EEA who is Ur like the week after me).

Regardless, if you feel you have been forgotten, you are welcome in the thread. Though last week some people with late November UR dates were held, so you will likely hear something before I do.

Because my application is wedged between the desk and wall of one of the admins to be considered for the class of 2017.


Numbers twin, I will go to Harvard and find it!!!!

And slip my file into the acceptance pile on the way out.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:
Hobbes89 wrote:UR mid-December....am I forgotten yet?


I'm UR 11/3. So no one else looks very forgotten to me (except maybe EEA who is Ur like the week after me).

Regardless, if you feel you have been forgotten, you are welcome in the thread. Though last week some people with late November UR dates were held, so you will likely hear something before I do.

Because my application is wedged between the desk and wall of one of the admins to be considered for the class of 2017.


Numbers twin, I will go to Harvard and find it!!!!

And slip my file into the acceptance pile on the way out.


Thank you!

You better put mine in there too.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby subtle » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm having dreams of getting an email about a JR1. And then in the dream I think, Subtle, this is just a dream. You didn't get a real JR1. And then somehow, when I wake up, I forgot that I knew it was a dream and check my email and am disappointed. :(

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby masterthearts » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:12 pm

subtle wrote:I'm having dreams of getting an email about a JR1. And then in the dream I think, Subtle, this is just a dream. You didn't get a real JR1. And then somehow, when I wake up, I forgot that I knew it was a dream and check my email and am disappointed. :(


Can someone tell me what a JR1 and Jr2 are?

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:17 pm

masterthearts wrote:
subtle wrote:I'm having dreams of getting an email about a JR1. And then in the dream I think, Subtle, this is just a dream. You didn't get a real JR1. And then somehow, when I wake up, I forgot that I knew it was a dream and check my email and am disappointed. :(


Can someone tell me what a JR1 and Jr2 are?


JR1 is the phone interview with Josh Rubenstein (JR)- the Assistant Dean for Admissions. The JR2 is the admissions call. You need a JR1 to get JR2.

User avatar
TheGreatWait
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby TheGreatWait » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:11 am

Sigh. I have never been this familiar with the contents of my spam folder. You're a cruel mistress, law school admissions cycle.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm

eaa, are you planning on writing a loci to Harvard? I feel like I should just as like a polite way of saying "I'm still hear. Love me back?"

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:56 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:eaa, are you planning on writing a loci to Harvard? I feel like I should just as like a polite way of saying "I'm still hear. Love me back?"


I was literally about to ask you this! I was thinking we should too... but then what happens if/when we actually do get held, wouldn't we have just wasted a letter??

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:00 pm

eaa1537 wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:eaa, are you planning on writing a loci to Harvard? I feel like I should just as like a polite way of saying "I'm still hear. Love me back?"


I was literally about to ask you this! I was thinking we should too... but then what happens if/when we actually do get held, wouldn't we have just wasted a letter??


Mine got delivered to H about 2.5 hours ago :P

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
eaa1537 wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:eaa, are you planning on writing a loci to Harvard? I feel like I should just as like a polite way of saying "I'm still hear. Love me back?"


I was literally about to ask you this! I was thinking we should too... but then what happens if/when we actually do get held, wouldn't we have just wasted a letter??


Mine got delivered to H about 2.5 hours ago :P


hahah you and your fed ex... do you think we should send one even though we haven't been held yet?? I'm afraid sending it will remind them that I sent in an application in the first place and then they'll decide to either reject me or hold me, in which case I can't send anotherrr letter. Ignorance is bliss...

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm thinking I should send one in. And if I get held then maybe ask another Professor for an additional letter of recommendation. If I'm waitlisted I'm withdrawing and sending my money to Columbia.

So yeah, maybe I'll draft one tonight. Something short, like 2 paragraphs just reiterating I'm interested and maybe talk a little about my senior paper i'm writing that will be published over the summer.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby Nulli Secundus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 pm

eaa1537 wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:
eaa1537 wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:eaa, are you planning on writing a loci to Harvard? I feel like I should just as like a polite way of saying "I'm still hear. Love me back?"


I was literally about to ask you this! I was thinking we should too... but then what happens if/when we actually do get held, wouldn't we have just wasted a letter??


Mine got delivered to H about 2.5 hours ago :P


hahah you and your fed ex... do you think we should send one even though we haven't been held yet?? I'm afraid sending it will remind them that I sent in an application in the first place and then they'll decide to either reject me or hold me, in which case I can't send anotherrr letter. Ignorance is bliss...


Well your situation kinda baffles me, at this point there are two options:

a) You will get a JR1 / hold soon.
b) On August 25th, 2011 your status will change to "Oh shit!!" and H will send you an apology for losing your application.

Haha. I hope the best for y'all, my old comrades!

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby eaa1537 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:08 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:I'm thinking I should send one in. And if I get held then maybe ask another Professor for an additional letter of recommendation. If I'm waitlisted I'm withdrawing and sending my money to Columbia.

So yeah, maybe I'll draft one tonight. Something short, like 2 paragraphs just reiterating I'm interested and maybe talk a little about my senior paper i'm writing that will be published over the summer.



okk guess I'll start drafting toooooo lol... and at this point I can't even be excited about Columbia because Harvard is going to give me high blood pressure!

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: The Forgotten - Harvard 2011

Postby starrydreamz3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
Well your situation kinda baffles me, at this point there are two options:

a) You will get a JR1 / hold soon.
b) On August 25th, 2011 your status will change to "Oh shit!!" and H will send you an apology for losing your application.

Haha. I hope the best for y'all, my old comrades!


My greatest fear. =/




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, afenthiko1, airwrecka, Baby Gaga, carlos_danger, cyclawps, danid83, Google Adsense [Bot], hamburg, jer0689, kneetap, Leliana, nerdylsat, NotAGolfer, patrickkpaul, phelpsy, sonyco, texteach and 26 guests