Applied late Dec - early Jan

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alexandra

Applied late Dec - early Jan

Postby alexandra » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 am

Who else applied in late December or early January?

Heard from anywhere?

I'm complete most places, under review at a few, and still incomplete/processing at Cornell, Boston College and Boston University!

(stats 3.8/166, non-urm)

subtle

Re: Applied late Dec - early Jan

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:33 am

I'm still processing at Cornell and I've had my ap in since Nov. 26. It could be awhile on that one. I had one super last minute ap to Duke and it's complete, but that's priority track. I'm considering sending in a super late one to Michigan. I'm still really on the fence about it.

BU took a couple of weeks to complete, but they sent an email when it was finished.

JD=Doctor

Postby JD=Doctor » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:58 am

alexandra wrote:Who else applied in late December or early January?

Heard from anywhere?

I'm complete most places, under review at a few, and still incomplete/processing at Cornell, Boston College and Boston University!

(stats 3.8/166, non-urm)

your almost the first person with about the same stats as me.

any decisions yet?

alexandra

Postby alexandra » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 am

JD=Doctor wrote:
alexandra wrote:Who else applied in late December or early January?

Heard from anywhere?

(stats 3.8/166, non-urm)

your almost the first person with about the same stats as me.

any decisions yet?

Same! No decisions yet... waiting anxiously. You?? Where did you apply?? PM me if you want...

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 am

sent out 3 on 12/26 and 12 on 1/5.

complete everywhere.

Heard back from 2- AUWCL & W&L (in & dinged, respectively)

This waiting shit is KILLING me. I check the site compulsively, and I don't think my email or mailbox have EVER gotten so much attention!

3.9--> 3.4, 160 URM

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 am

This is slightly off topic, but how do UGPAs differ so much from LSDAS GPAs, especially when lowering the GPA?

jasonc.

Postby jasonc. » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 am

Waitlisted at Temple applied Jan 5 got decsion Jan 18

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 am

subtle wrote:This is slightly off topic, but how do UGPAs differ so much from LSDAS GPAs, especially when lowering the GPA?

um... i've thought about this a lot, and i've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with cursed native american burial ground and black magic... cuz if it's not that, then I dunno wtf it is.

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:18 am

girlonfire wrote:
subtle wrote:This is slightly off topic, but how do UGPAs differ so much from LSDAS GPAs, especially when lowering the GPA?

um... i've thought about this a lot, and i've come to the conclusion that it has something to do with cursed native american burial ground and black magic... cuz if it's not that, then I dunno wtf it is.

:lol: Makes sense to me! I get why they move a little bit (especially upward, even if downward is somewhat of a mystery). I mean, does it mean that your school has serious grade inflation?

akili

Postby akili » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 am

LSDAS GPAs are all equalized. Some schools have B+/B- count for different numbers. So if your school says B+ are 3.8 and mine says B+ are 3.6, they are equalized to the LSAC B+

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 am

No, no. I understand that. I mean, the LSDAS helps me because my school counts As/A+s exactly the same. I'm just wondering what your school would have had to have done in its grading scale in order to make you fall so far, you know?

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:25 am

I dunno, doesn't it also have to do with credit hours? The college Im in now has all 4 credit classes, as opposed to 3, so i'm told that grades from there are "heavier" and impact my gpa more. again, Im convinced it's voodoo or some shit, cuz I cant figure it out, but i would like to considering that my UGPA is a sexy 3.94 and my LSDAS is a frumpy 3.40.

:?

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 am

The weighting of the credits is precisely why I don't try to figure out my own GPA. I have classes on my transcript which are 1 credit, 2 credit, 3 credit, 4 credit (and I don't think I have any 5 credit classes). Invariably, I forget to weight something properly when trying to figure out my cumulative.

Edit: Is there somewhere other than an online calculator that says our official LSDAS GPA? I'm not sure if I calculated mine properly, and I wouldn't want to go getting all happy about the increase if it's not accurate.

SpaaceMonkee

Postby SpaaceMonkee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 pm

I sent most of my apps out 22 December. (still have some stragglers to get out the door)

Accepted to William and Mary ($$).
JR1 at Harvard this morning.
Went "Complete" at Georgetown yesterday.
Everywhere else is still under review.

Kinderby

Postby Kinderby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:09 pm

When did you hear from W&M? I went Complete there yesterday (11 days after application).

shyde32

Postby shyde32 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Blanketed most of T-14 right around Christmas, 3.80/171. In at Berkeley and Duke last week (Priority Track at Duke). Georgetown and UVA went complete yesterday. NYU is the only one still processing (since 12/29), which is killing me.
Last edited by shyde32 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaaceMonkee

Postby SpaaceMonkee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 pm

I heard from W & M on 12 January.

khodorko

Postby khodorko » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Applied around 12/18 - under review pretty much everywhere

In: Duke, W&M $$$

champsound

Postby champsound » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Blanketed most of the lower T-14 on 1/12... complete most places already, no responses yet. I guess I am a bit later than everyone on this post though.

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:42 pm

subtle wrote:The weighting of the credits is precisely why I don't try to figure out my own GPA. I have classes on my transcript which are 1 credit, 2 credit, 3 credit, 4 credit (and I don't think I have any 5 credit classes). Invariably, I forget to weight something properly when trying to figure out my cumulative.

Edit: Is there somewhere other than an online calculator that says our official LSDAS GPA? I'm not sure if I calculated mine properly, and I wouldn't want to go getting all happy about the increase if it's not accurate.

I used the GPA calc. at lawschoolpredictor.com and it was dead on. give that a try.

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:46 pm

girlonfire wrote:
subtle wrote:The weighting of the credits is precisely why I don't try to figure out my own GPA. I have classes on my transcript which are 1 credit, 2 credit, 3 credit, 4 credit (and I don't think I have any 5 credit classes). Invariably, I forget to weight something properly when trying to figure out my cumulative.

I used the GPA calc. at lawschoolpredictor.com and it was dead on. give that a try.

That's what I used. We're sure that it's accurate?

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:48 pm

you can find your LSDAS GPA on the LSAC website. don't remember where though, just look around a bit (i believe it's labeled as "cumulative gpa")

girlonfire

Postby girlonfire » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:54 pm

subtle wrote:
girlonfire wrote:

That's what I used. We're sure that it's accurate?

I mean, it was 100% dead on for me, but the site says they wont guarantee its accuracy...

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:02 pm

No decisions from any school I applied to mid december. Waiting sucks.

dot

Postby dot » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:51 pm

heard back from 2, so far.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”