Gonzaga 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AKMT
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby AKMT » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Decision Made 3/22, was Under Review since 2/8.

Time to watch the mailbox instead of the Status Checker now.

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 pm

AKMT wrote:Decision Made 3/22, was Under Review since 2/8.

Time to watch the mailbox instead of the Status Checker now.


Good luck! What are your numbers?

jpjpporter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby jpjpporter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:41 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
AKMT wrote:Decision Made 3/22, was Under Review since 2/8.

Time to watch the mailbox instead of the Status Checker now.


I had a decision made yesterday, going to be watching the mailbox as well. Good luck everybody

AKMT
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby AKMT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:18 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
AKMT wrote:Decision Made 3/22, was Under Review since 2/8.

Time to watch the mailbox instead of the Status Checker now.


Good luck! What are your numbers?


Thanks.

152/2.98. Hoping my soft factors and post college job experience help me out where my numbers fail me.

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm

AKMT wrote:Thanks.

152/2.98. Hoping my soft factors and post college job experience help me out where my numbers fail me.


I think anecdotal evidence confirms that good soft factors (mostly job experience and service) are given a lot of weight at GU (at least this year). I think my lack of either really disadvantaged me in spite of my decent (for Gonzaga) numbers (3.51, 154).

You've definitely got a shot. How long ago did you submit?

*Sigh* my little dot on the LSN graph looks a little out of place :(

Why did I have to be this year's outlier?

jpjpporter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby jpjpporter » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:05 pm

in today via e-mail! How many of you are going to the accepted students day next weekend? I have never been to one, what should I expect. are they worth going to??

User avatar
Flett
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby Flett » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:25 pm

jpjpporter wrote:in today via e-mail! How many of you are going to the accepted students day next weekend? I have never been to one, what should I expect. are they worth going to??


Congrats!

I would say that, in general, the visits are worth it as you get a chance to actually see the area where you will be living for the next 3 years. If you've never been to Spokane you should definitely check things out to see if the city is what you expect. It may be the largest city east of the Cascades in Washington, but it's far from the city life of Seattle. Also, the area is mostly white so be prepared for that just in case you're looking for diversity. Spokane is home to a lot of good folk who love their hockey, arena football team, air force base, and guns (an exaggeration, but still somewhat genuine). It's not a bad place to live, just not all that exciting. :wink:

jpjpporter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby jpjpporter » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Very happy with the scholarship offer, its looking more and more like I may end up here, and I am really excited about that! :D

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:38 pm

So I've visited the school, sent in a LOCI, and will be submitting an additional LOR..

Is there anything else I could possibly do to improve my chances?

AKMT
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby AKMT » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Dinged via mail on 3/24. I knew I wasn't a shoe in, but I'm still fairly surprised.

jduds
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:47 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby jduds » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Just applied today 3.5 160 was that a waste of cash or do you think i have a chance??

Chouchous
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby Chouchous » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:32 pm

jduds wrote:Just applied today 3.5 160 was that a waste of cash or do you think i have a chance??


Earlier in the cycle your numbers would have gotten you a nice scholly (up to 50%, more if you're URM). In any case, you should be in for sure, just don't know about the scholarship money availability this late in the cycle.

ed2009
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby ed2009 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:39 pm

I got a "decision made" 3/25 submitted my app 3/7

jpjpporter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby jpjpporter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Chouchous wrote:
jduds wrote:Just applied today 3.5 160 was that a waste of cash or do you think i have a chance??


Earlier in the cycle your numbers would have gotten you a nice scholly (up to 50%, more if you're URM). In any case, you should be in for sure, just don't know about the scholarship money availability this late in the cycle.
Chouchous wrote:
jduds wrote:Just applied today 3.5 160 was that a waste of cash or do you think i have a chance??


Earlier in the cycle your numbers would have gotten you a nice scholly (up to 50%, more if you're URM). In any case, you should be in for sure, just don't know about the scholarship money availability this late in the cycle.


I think you still have a good chance for a nice scholly.. good luck

jpjpporter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby jpjpporter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:21 pm

ed2009 wrote:I got a "decision made" 3/25 submitted my app 3/7


Good luck!!

ed2009
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby ed2009 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Does anyone know if Gonzaga sends emails with denied admission? Or are all decisions mailed out?

Cause my status at OU says Decision made and got a dinged email this morning.

jpjpporter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby jpjpporter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:44 pm

ed2009 wrote:Does anyone know if Gonzaga sends emails with denied admission? Or are all decisions mailed out?

Cause my status at OU says Decision made and got a dinged email this morning.

from what I know they mail there decisions out, at least thats how it was for me.

User avatar
twistedvagabond
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby twistedvagabond » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:15 pm

My status checker said a decision was made on 3/22, but I've yet to receive any information beyond that. Is anyone else still waiting for a letter?

plugkev
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby plugkev » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:19 pm

Wow, it is getting late ... I am waiting on the aid package from financial aid office and the deadline approaches. Anyone receive their aid package (loans etc.) yet?

SarahagMont
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby SarahagMont » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:39 am

plugkev wrote:Wow, it is getting late ... I am waiting on the aid package from financial aid office and the deadline approaches. Anyone receive their aid package (loans etc.) yet?


I recieved mine last week. I got in at the bigining of March and hadn't filled out my fafsa till about mid March. Not sure thats helpful. You have filled out your fafsa I assume?

plugkev
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby plugkev » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:17 pm

SarahagMont wrote:
plugkev wrote:Wow, it is getting late ... I am waiting on the aid package from financial aid office and the deadline approaches. Anyone receive their aid package (loans etc.) yet?


I recieved mine last week. I got in at the bigining of March and hadn't filled out my fafsa till about mid March. Not sure thats helpful. You have filled out your fafsa I assume?


Ya thanks, I just had to log into the zagweb to check it out.

plugkev
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby plugkev » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Withdrew today and $14,500 ... hope someone off the waitlist is in.

User avatar
IHaveLawyers
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby IHaveLawyers » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:27 am

Hey guys, just got in with 7K year. How is this school? I know they were in top 100 but dropped way down to 121 now. How are job prospects?

ineptimusprime
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby ineptimusprime » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:17 pm

plugkev wrote:Withdrew today and $14,500 ... hope someone off the waitlist is in.


I've been told I won't know anything until May at the earliest. I've withdrawn everywhere else but Gonzaga. I have a good friend going there and it's just the right distance from home.

jpjpporter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: Gonzaga 2011

Postby jpjpporter » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Seat deposit in. Gonzaga it is, should be good!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”