Worst Cycle of the Year

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
r6_philly

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:41 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:this isn't quite the horror of all horror stories, but i got rejected from michigan after receiving a fee waiver and a personalized note from Dean Z in sept. My numbers really could have gone either way, but I thought the fee waiver and all that jazz was a little cold blooded after all was said and done. I almost would have rather just paid the app fee in the beginning - at least it would have stung less in the end. also, mich was my only rejection and i applied to a bunch of schools ranked right around it (mostly waitlisted at the others - couldn't i have gotten a pity WL from mich??) that i DIDN'T receive fee waivers from.

fuck fee waivers. they fuck with your head.

I was WLed by William and Mary after a personal conversation with the dean encouraging me to apply and after I wrote 2 extra essays for the fellowship I was interested in.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:this isn't quite the horror of all horror stories, but i got rejected from michigan after receiving a fee waiver and a personalized note from Dean Z in sept. My numbers really could have gone either way, but I thought the fee waiver and all that jazz was a little cold blooded after all was said and done. I almost would have rather just paid the app fee in the beginning - at least it would have stung less in the end. also, mich was my only rejection and i applied to a bunch of schools ranked right around it (mostly waitlisted at the others - couldn't i have gotten a pity WL from mich??) that i DIDN'T receive fee waivers from.

I was WLed by William and Mary after a personal conversation with the dean encouraging me to apply and after I wrote 2 extra essays for the fellowship I was interested in.

daaaang, but for you i'd say it was YP. for me this was definitely NOT YP

acirilli1722

Postby acirilli1722 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:43 pm

With a 175 LSAT and 3.74 GPA was it really even necessary to ED to Columbia?

Shooter

Postby Shooter » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Paulina - I'm sorry about your loss... :(

r6 - That is obvious YP.

almightypush

Postby almightypush » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:49 pm

acirilli1722 wrote:With a 175 LSAT and 3.74 GPA was it really even necessary to ED to Columbia?

that was dude's first step along the path of epic fail.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:55 pm

Shooter wrote:

r6 - That is obvious YP.

Yes but then why ask me to apply personally, we didn't have to waste each other's time.

justhoping

Postby justhoping » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:57 pm

r6, do you mind sharing when did you apply last cycle?

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/avalanchco

This seems to be either a huge "flame" or he must have murdered someone. Either way, rejection from Charlotte with those numbers is criminal.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:59 pm

SrLaw wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/avalanchco

This seems to be either a huge "flame" or he must have murdered someone. Either way, rejection from Charlotte with those numbers is criminal.

read "Additional Information"......not a murder, however
Last edited by paulinaporizkova on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:59 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Anyone who goes through extra work to apply to a school should not be YPed. If YP is indeed practiced, then its for people who are practically guaranteed to go somewhere else. Writing two extra essays for a scholarship? That's putting in work that the school should consider.

Lightbulb just went off: Maybe W&M decided not to give Philly the fellowship, and felt that if they didn't give it to him he would not go, so they YP? Hm. I retract my earlier statement under this thought haha

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:00 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:

read "Additional Information"......not a murder, however

I did. Still, a 175/3.7x should get into Maine/Charlotte/Texas Tech. He must have really done something dumb.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:00 pm

justhoping wrote:r6, do you mind sharing when did you apply last cycle?

I applied before 2/15 but took the snow-delayed LSAT in Feb (last weekend in Feb) and didn't get the first LSDAS report sent until 3/12 or so. I did my part, LSAC did not, and schools did not wait.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 pm

pereira6 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Anyone who goes through extra work to apply to a school should not be YPed. If YP is indeed practiced, then its for people who are practically guaranteed to go somewhere else. Writing two extra essays for a scholarship? That's putting in work that the school should consider.

Lightbulb just went off: Maybe W&M decided not to give Philly the fellowship, and felt that if they didn't give it to him he would not go, so they YP? Hm. I retract my earlier statement under this thought haha

Maybe. No hurt feelings, just felt like a huge waste of time.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 pm

I saw his before too. Whatever he did, he's got to be kicking himself now. Either that or he decided he wanted to be a lawyer while he was in jail.

Shooter

Postby Shooter » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Shooter wrote:

r6 - That is obvious YP.

Yes but then why ask me to apply personally, we didn't have to waste each other's time.

I have no idea... law school admissions make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:02 pm

can someone clarify? flame = an entire thread or LSN profile created by a troll?

sanguar

Postby sanguar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Nah, it's these:
Two felony character and fitness disclosures from 2005.

Muenchen

Postby Muenchen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

pereira6

Postby pereira6 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 pm

seancooksey07 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:can someone clarify? flame = an entire thread or LSN profile created by a troll?

I feel like it can be just as ambiguous as "hooking up" or "trolling", but my general definition of a flame is like a person who throws out fake information in order to annoy or frustrate people as a joke. Perfect example would be someone in October going into one of the admissions waiting threads and claiming they've been admitted to screw with people.

And why people spend time/get enjoyment out of this continues to blow my mind. I'd be less confused by someone with an animal fetish.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:53 pm

gbpackerbacker wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
artichoke wrote:I was recently waitlisted at CU Boulder.

YP, duh

I feel that a terrible cycle implies a collection of surprises, not just one YP.

Well, I was also waitlisted at Duke and rejected at UPenn... And I don't actually think I'm having a terrible cycle, all things considered, I just thought the UCBoulder thing was funny. Apparently I wasn't meant to be a comedienne.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:01 pm

pereira6 wrote:
And why people spend time/get enjoyment out of this continues to blow my mind. I'd be less confused by someone with an animal fetish.

You shouldn't be surprised at anything, except if UVa calls me this week.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:19 pm

artichoke wrote:
gbpackerbacker wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
artichoke wrote:I was recently waitlisted at CU Boulder.

YP, duh

I feel that a terrible cycle implies a collection of surprises, not just one YP.

Well, I was also waitlisted at Duke and rejected at UPenn... And I don't actually think I'm having a terrible cycle, all things considered, I just thought the UCBoulder thing was funny. Apparently I wasn't meant to be a comedienne.

Artie, I thought it was funny too. Being funny and being a YP waitlist aren't mutually exclusive entities. I should have clarified with emoticons as r6 suggested. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :?: :o

actually, the rejection and waitlist are surprising

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:44 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
artichoke wrote:
gbpackerbacker wrote:
YP, duh

Artie, I thought it was funny too. Being funny and being a YP waitlist aren't mutually exclusive entities. I should have clarified with emoticons as r6 suggested. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :?: :o

actually, the rejection and waitlist are surprising[/quote]

Well, thanks. Although I have to give credit where credit is due, UC Boulder came up with that one. :mrgreen:

And yeah, I'm not sure what happened there. I originally thought one of my professors wrote me a terrible LOR but then I got in to places where I submitted both letters and places where i submitted only the one I knew gave me a positively glowing review. So who knows, but all this rejection has bruised my ego.

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:46 am

Hm, I knew something was going to get effed up there. Posting from a phone certainly isn't the most ideal option. Here's to hoping I get around to calling the internet provider for my new place.

arkansawyer

Postby arkansawyer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:50 am

pereira6 wrote:
seancooksey07 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:can someone clarify? flame = an entire thread or LSN profile created by a troll?

I feel like it can be just as ambiguous as "hooking up" or "trolling", but my general definition of a flame is like a person who throws out fake information in order to annoy or frustrate people as a joke. Perfect example would be someone in October going into one of the admissions waiting threads and claiming they've been admitted to screw with people.

uhh...trying to make yourself feel better huh?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”