Worst Cycle of the Year Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
paulinaporizkova

Gold

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:23 am

snapdragon wrote:
For reference, though, with a 3.1 and 167 (and no extraordinary anything), I was in with money at both W&L and Minnesota. So those two do really seem odd to me.
I can't speak for W&L, but Minnesota has a huge 167 wall up on LSN. I have a 167/4.0 (resident) and I got a full ride scholarship. I was personally kinda shocked :shock: :shock:

ETA: The above poster almost surely got waitlisted due to YP at these 2 schools.

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
snapdragon wrote:
For reference, though, with a 3.1 and 167 (and no extraordinary anything), I was in with money at both W&L and Minnesota. So those two do really seem odd to me.
I can't speak for W&L, but Minnesota has a huge 167 wall up on LSN. I have a 167/4.0 (resident) and I got a full ride scholarship. I was personally kinda shocked :shock: :shock:

ETA: The above poster almost surely got waitlisted due to YP at these 2 schools.
Oh, yeah, I'd imagine that to be the case, but it just makes his cycle seem even more sucky. Two schools where he probably thought he had a chance of $$ and then WL? That's a crappy feeling. And to be sitting with those numbers, that school list, and only two acceptances (one being to a T2) would be pretty disheartening. (Don't mean to rub salt it in, Adjudicator. <3 )

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:54 am

3.9, 170: mid January applications, criminal addendum

In: UT, Vandy, UPenn

Out: None

Waitlist: Gtown, Duke

Pending: Chicago, NYU, Michigan, Stanford, Virginia

Not sure this is the WORST, but the Gtown and Duke WL are pretty disconcerting, as is the possibility probability I'll get WLed everywhere else.
Last edited by niederbomb on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kinderby

Bronze

Post by Kinderby » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:00 am

In at the 7th-ranked law school in the country (not to mention two more in T20), having applied in mid-January = you're in the wrong thread, bro.

niederbomb

Silver

Post by niederbomb » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:04 am

Kinderby wrote:In at the 7th-ranked law school in the country (not to mention two more in T20), having applied in mid-January = you're in the wrong thread, bro.
I went through and read the thread more carefully, and yeah, you're right. I was going off of TLS's advice: "You're a lock for MVP, and your admission to Chicago and NYU is likely."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DreamShake

Bronze

Post by DreamShake » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Bless wrote:
DreamShake wrote:Nothing in this thread comes remotely close to my cycle last year: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crackedscreen
That can't be real. Were you hit with a murder charge? Actually, that still wouldn't explain it. That'd be one hell of a diversity statement, and I'm sure some of those schools would bite. I repeat, that can't be real.
No--it was a violent offense charge that a district attorney refused to let drop to a misdemeanor. The "victims" did not want to press charges at all, and neither of them was hurt beyond one guy getting 7 staples. The judge agreed to let it drop to a misdemeanor. The DA wouldn't do it. As LSN says, I was 19 and it was my only offense. I made all this very clear in an addendum; that's just how most of this country treats people who have non-drug/alcohol/misdemeanor criminal records. Really, getting into law school still wasn't half as hard as trying to find a place to live typically is (no, I'm not a sex offender). I will say the adcomms/reviewers at a couple T14's proved to be exceptions to this rule.

Look at the "created on" date for the LSN account if you don't believe its authenticity (I only recently made the account visible). Check my post history on here if you like. Your skin has to be a certain color for most of the T14 to consider you "diverse" (I'm not judging AA one way or another--just stating the obvious truth about diversity boosts in the T14).
gothamm wrote: wow man. how did that make you feel? I hope your cycle is going better this year.
Pretty damn hopeless. I gave it all one more shot on the principle that I'd sunk too much time, effort, and money into the endeavor to quit after just one go round. I'm insanely fortunate it paid off.

ETA: Thanks for the well-wishing. I really do appreciate it.

gbpackerbacker wrote:It all makes perfect sense. He waited till really late to apply. He should not have expected to get into a T14 with those numbers those numbers and all the lower-ranked schools that waitlisted him would have probably accepted him if he applied earlier. Furthermore, the criminal record probably had something to do with it. The only one that even slightly surprises me is Cardozo, which may be explained by the fact that the app was not received until Feb 4th.
I sent out the apps in the first week of January--one of my profs took ages to send in his LOR. To be fair, I sent all my apps out in early November this year and was straight up dinged at Mich (with a WhyMich) & Cornell, WL'd at UVA and Vandy, and dinged at some other schools that I very clearly should have gotten into.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:06 pm

DreamShake wrote: dinged at some other schools that I very clearly should have gotten into.

If you should have gotten in, you would have

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:10 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:163, 3.7, Moderate Softs.

In at OU, Kent (after being YP'd), Santa Clara

WL: Davis, Hastings, George Mason.

Ding: Texas (ED), USC, GW, Fordham (???)

Still waiting on WashU, W&M and SMU.

If it's not the worst, it's enough to make me feel like shit.
If your recently updated LSN box is accurate, you no longer belong on this thread... at all.

Congrats on Penn! :D Unless I misread that or it's a mistake :o :(

DreamShake

Bronze

Post by DreamShake » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
DreamShake wrote: dinged at some other schools that I very clearly should have gotten into.

Enjoy bliss.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:13 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:

That's a bit harsh.

arkansawyer

Bronze

Post by arkansawyer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:39 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:

That's terribly flawed logic.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:42 pm

arkansawyer wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

Not really. It's harsh, but schools have a right to admit who they want. There is no "should" unless there's a clerical error and you end up in the ding pile instead of accepted pile.

PS I probably win this topic. Struck out of T14.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Hannibal wrote:
arkansawyer wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

Not really. It's harsh, but schools have a right to admit who they want. There is no "should" unless there's a clerical error and you end up in the ding pile instead of accepted pile.

PS I probably win this topic. Struck out of T14.
I don't think this thread is about which schools you get rejected from. I mean, a lot of people never get into a T14. I think the thread is about where you didn't get in that based on your numbers you had a reasonable expectation of getting in.

I mean, if you have a 2.2 and a 156 and you aren't URM (or even if you are) I don't think it's fair to complain about getting shut out of HYS. I say "you" generally, of course; I don't know what your numbers are.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:17 pm

3.4, 174, highest ranked school accepted was WUSTL. Didn't apply to Berkeley, GULC or USC but that's about it for schools inside the T20 (save HYS)

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Maybe you didn't crack the T14 because you're a douche? :idea:

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:18 pm

I've had a pretty good cycle so I can't complain, but I would just like to point out that I got rejected (not waitlisted) from Albany. 164 LSAT/URM/did my undergrad at SUNY Albany.

Granted my GPA is craptastic, but come on!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:20 pm

zonto wrote:Maybe you didn't crack the T14 because you're a douche? :idea:
Possible, but I got a lot of people read my essays, most thought they'd be a positive for my application. Still makes my cycle pretty terrible.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Hannibal wrote:3.4, 174, highest ranked school accepted was WUSTL. Didn't apply to Berkeley, GULC or USC but that's about it for schools inside the T20 (save HYS)
*Sympathy knucks*

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:31 pm

zonto wrote:Maybe you didn't crack the T14 because you're a douche? :idea:
come on dude.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Hannibal wrote:3.4, 174, highest ranked school accepted was WUSTL. Didn't apply to Berkeley, GULC or USC but that's about it for schools inside the T20 (save HYS)
*Sympathy knucks*
Splitters gon' split.

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 pm

159/3.2 rejected at cooley

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/serdog/jd

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:23 pm

gothamm wrote:159/3.2 rejected at cooley

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/serdog/jd
Clearly a joke.

OnlyLivingBoyinNY

New

Post by OnlyLivingBoyinNY » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:16 pm

This guy wins:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Massaliot/jd

I really hope this account is a joke, because this is the kind of s**t that scares me about applying to law school.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:22 pm

This thread has offered some much-needed amusement. :lol:

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:22 pm

OnlyLivingBoyinNY wrote:This guy wins:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Massaliot/jd

I really hope this account is a joke, because this is the kind of s**t that scares me about applying to law school.

That does win. Mine somewhat bad having gotten a 3.1 178 and only 1 admittance (WUSTL). Rejects and WL everywhere else, including GW. A few are still pending but they are higher ranked than the schools that rejected me so....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”