Anyone else not complete yet and have been waiting a while? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NorCalBruin

Silver

Anyone else not complete yet and have been waiting a while?

Post by NorCalBruin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:01 am

My application has been chillin' like a villain' over there at Michigan for a month now. I know they have a lot of applications to get through this time of year, but I haven't even gone complete yet. It's making me ancy' in the pantsy' because it's my top choice.

Has anyone else who applied to Michigan mid-december not got a status checker yet?

Anyone else wait a lonnng time to go complete at another school?

user08132021

Bronze

Re: Anyone else not complete yet and have been waiting a while?

Post by user08132021 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 am

I had this issue at a school, and it turns out it was a technical error. I had to call them almost everyday for about 3 weeks until the problem was remedied. May want to give them a call to make sure your app is ok.

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:08 am

Already called them and emailed them twice. I really don't want the admissions office to begin to hate me. If it takes more than a few more days though, thinks are gonna get real.

user08132021

Bronze

Post by user08132021 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:11 am

NorCalBruin wrote:Already called them and emailed them twice. I really don't want the admissions office to begin to hate me. If it takes more than a few more days though, thinks are gonna get real.

That was my biggest fear because they started to recognize my voice, so I eased up. However, a friend who is on the admissions board at another top school informed me that just keep calling and explain it in the nicest way possible..

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks. I'll try that.

I guess I'm mostly nervous because I never got an "application received" email, which most schools send out. But the email they sent me back was that they "definitely have" my application. :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:58 am

NorCalBruin wrote:My application has been chillin' like a villain' over there at Michigan for a month now. I know they have a lot of applications to get through this time of year, but I haven't even gone complete yet. It's making me ancy' in the pantsy' because it's my top choice.

Has anyone else who applied to Michigan mid-december not got a status checker yet?

I submitted my UMich app on 12/15, got the app received on 12/21, still haven't gotten a status checker. It said it takes 3-4 weeks. My one friend who also applied said it took a month to the day, I think.

This upcoming tuesday will be 4 weeks for me. So if I don't hear something, I'll probably call/email on Friday. FWIW, the email says you should contact them if it isn't completed in 6 weeks, which I find to be kind of ridiculous.

ppch

New

Post by ppch » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Flips88 wrote:
NorCalBruin wrote:My application has been chillin' like a villain' over there at Michigan for a month now. I know they have a lot of applications to get through this time of year, but I haven't even gone complete yet. It's making me ancy' in the pantsy' because it's my top choice.

I submitted my UMich app on 12/15, got the app received on 12/21, still haven't gotten a status checker. It said it takes 3-4 weeks. My one friend who also applied said it took a month to the day, I think.

This upcoming tuesday will be 4 weeks for me. So if I don't hear something, I'll probably call/email on Friday. FWIW, the email says you should contact them if it isn't completed in 6 weeks, which I find to be kind of ridiculous.
Yeah... I submitted on 12/13, got the email on 12/17, and I'm still waiting for my status checker. Passed the four week mark on Friday. I'm assuming the delay for mid-December people has something to do with the holidays, so I won't be concerned until at least five weeks have passed. Oh well--should have submitted it earlier!

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:52 pm

If you think Michigan takes awhile, I hope you didn't apply to Cornell!

amorfati

Bronze

Post by amorfati » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:10 pm

sarahlawg wrote:If you think Michigan takes awhile, I hope you didn't apply to Cornell!
word... I'm still waiting on Cornell too.

And I just realized that I never received an "application received" email from Duke with the status check link... that's a little disconcerting....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Applied to Michigan 12/11 still no status checker or complete email

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 pm

If you think Michigan takes awhile, I hope you didn't apply to Cornell!
word... I'm still waiting on Cornell too.
Applying to Cornell EA was the best thing I ever did in an application cycle! Otherwise I'm sure I'd be waiting too.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”