I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aliciah

Re: I got accepted by ACCIDENT =/

Postby aliciah » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:40 pm

I got all three e-mails and called the law school to ask if this meant I was denied, and they said I just had not been reviewed yet.. They were completely apologetic, not that it helped. They also sent me a giant package in the mail, the same size as an acceptance package I received from the same day. Instead of this being an acceptance package though, they just sent me a package to encourage me to visit. The letter literally stated "The admissions committee at The University of Richmond School of Law would like to invite you to visit our school." I'm fed up with this school slightly. In this economy they are wasting way too much money on stuff like this.

ISTAND

Postby ISTAND » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:58 pm

That sucks. I had a similar thing happen a couple of months ago with the Oprah show taping in Australia. I got an email congratulating me that I was chosen to attend the taping in Australia only to get another email the next day after I had bragged about it on Facebook, stating it was sent in error.

Email 1:
Congratulations on securing a ticket to a taping of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" at the world famous Sydney Opera House! It's sure to be the hottest ticket in town, but getting a seat is just the start of your adventure. With exciting attractions, excellent shopping and dining, and world-class accommodation, why not take an extra few days to explore everything Sydney has to offer? Find out what makes Sydney so Sydney and start planning your trip now!

Email 2:
You have just received an email congratulating you on securing a ticket to the taping of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in Sydney in December. Unfortunately, due to a technical error, this email was sent to both successful and unsuccessful applicants. I understand the enormous interest that the taping of the show has caused, and am sorry if the earlier email led you to believe that you had won tickets. On behalf of all of us I sincerely apologise if this has upset you.

JaLeCa

Postby JaLeCa » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 pm

ISTAND wrote:That sucks. I had a similar thing happen a couple of months ago with the Oprah show taping in Australia. I got an email congratulating me that I was chosen to attend the taping in Australia only to get another email the next day after I had bragged about it on Facebook, stating it was sent in error.

Email 1:
Congratulations on securing a ticket to a taping of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" at the world famous Sydney Opera House! It's sure to be the hottest ticket in town, but getting a seat is just the start of your adventure. With exciting attractions, excellent shopping and dining, and world-class accommodation, why not take an extra few days to explore everything Sydney has to offer? Find out what makes Sydney so Sydney and start planning your trip now!

Email 2:
You have just received an email congratulating you on securing a ticket to the taping of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in Sydney in December. Unfortunately, due to a technical error, this email was sent to both successful and unsuccessful applicants. I understand the enormous interest that the taping of the show has caused, and am sorry if the earlier email led you to believe that you had won tickets. On behalf of all of us I sincerely apologise if this has upset you.

Sucks. Oprah makes mistakes too.

ISTAND

Postby ISTAND » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 pm

JaLeCa wrote:Sucks. Oprah makes mistakes too.

Yeah but she could've chipped in a few grand and paid for those who got the email to go any way! It's not like a 1 year commitment to law school. :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”