Held at Harvard Law 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Non-Chalant1

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:51 pm

There must have been some accident at HLS that we are unaware of....they lost our applications or something. This is ridiculous.
Last edited by Non-Chalant1 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:51 pm

or they're just holding everyone because they're lazy.

ChriLa425

Postby ChriLa425 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:57 pm

lol or the admissions committee is trying to move ahead but jr just keeps whining "but I´m tired! I dont waaannnaaaa!!"

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Some bold soul go on twitter and yell him to hurry up

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:33 pm

i want to submit a LOCI but im afraid ill get my rejection before it gets there!

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:35 pm

mcweanis wrote:i want to submit a LOCI but im afraid ill get my rejection before it gets there!

Stupid reason to not submit one. What do you lose if you submit and it doesn't get there? Versus What do you lose if you don't submit and it would have got there?

Submit one and stop being stupid.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:36 pm

im too laazyyyyyy/content with nyu but i know i should try for h anyway .bwaa

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:38 pm

This is a quitter's mentality.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:42 pm

no it's a 'im sure harvard is way more douchalicious than nyu but i have to try to go there anyway because people will ooh and ahh over it for the rest of my life' mentality

cassidylane

Postby cassidylane » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:46 pm

mcweanis wrote:no it's a 'im sure harvard is way more douchalicious than nyu but i have to try to go there anyway because people will ooh and ahh over it for the rest of my life' mentality

I COMPLETELY sympathize with this mentality.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 pm

cassidylane wrote:
mcweanis wrote:no it's a 'im sure harvard is way more douchalicious than nyu but i have to try to go there anyway because people will ooh and ahh over it for the rest of my life' mentality

I COMPLETELY sympathize with this mentality.

Yep. Agreed. This is exactly how I felt when I forced out a LOCI, and I didn't even know where I was going then. Le sigh.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Well honestly I prefer you don't write one. I would give my left testacle to go to harvard, so the less competition the better.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:01 pm

CastleRock wrote:Well honestly I prefer you don't write one. I would give my left testacle to go to harvard, so the less competition the better.

it's testicle

hope you spell checked your loci!

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:04 pm

mcweanis wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Well honestly I prefer you don't write one. I would give my left testacle to go to harvard, so the less competition the better.

it's testicle

And the douchebag comes out. Why people feel the need to correct spelling mistakes on the internet, I will never know.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:13 pm

CastleRock wrote:
mcweanis wrote:

it's testicle

And the douchebag comes out. Why people feel the need to correct spelling mistakes on the internet, I will never know.

maybe i do belong at harvard then :^) im not trying to be a meanie, this whole process is just really grumping me out

cassidylane

Postby cassidylane » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm

mcweanis wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
mcweanis wrote:

it's testicle

maybe i do belong at harvard then :^) im not trying to be a meanie, this whole process is just really grumping me out

ahahahah I actualy lol'd because for a second my super slow in-thesis-writing-mode brain was like....why on earth would the world testicle be in their LOCI....

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:21 pm

mcweanis wrote:it's testicle

ahahahah I actualy lol'd because for a second my super slow in-thesis-writing-mode brain was like....why on earth would the world testicle be in their LOCI....
[/quote][/quote]

sob story? lost one in vietnam? looking forward to the great clinical opportunities in testicular studies?

cassidylane

Postby cassidylane » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:22 pm

hahaha if any part of that response isn't sarcasm, then perhaps you DO belong at harvard!!! :P

Weirdlog

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:50 pm

It IS a little annoying that Harvard's Undergraduate Admissions Committee handles about 23,000 applications and can manage to get everyone a decision by April 1st, whereas the law school handles only about 6,500 and we have people waiting since September!

I understand the law schools hold all the power in this process, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm being abused here.

mcweanis

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Weirdlog wrote:It IS a little annoying that Harvard's Undergraduate Admissions Committee handles about 23,000 applications and can manage to get everyone a decision by April 1st, whereas the law school handles only about 6,500 and we have people waiting since September!

I understand the law schools hold all the power in this process, but I'm beginning to feel like I'm being abused here.

they don't hold ALL the power. if we weren't all so competitive and desperate for money and prestige, we could stage a boycott and shut down law schools til they listen!! they cant operate without our bajillions of dollars of tuition money

neonx

Postby neonx » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Weirdlog wrote:It IS a little annoying that Harvard's Undergraduate Admissions Committee handles about 23,000 applications and can manage to get everyone a decision by April 1st, whereas the law school handles only about 6,500 and we have people waiting since September!

Having spent many hours at the undergraduate admissions & financial aid office, I find that they are pretty overstaffed.

I doubt there are as many employees at the law school's admissions office.

At the end of the day, I'm glad they're reviewing our files; better than an outright ding.

cassidylane

Postby cassidylane » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:02 pm

mcweanis wrote:

they don't hold ALL the power. if we weren't all so competitive and desperate for money and prestige, we could stage a boycott and shut down law schools til they listen!! they cant operate without our bajillions of dollars of tuition money

Harvard hold waiting thread turned people's rebellion!!!! Take up arms and march on Cambridge!

(writing thesis about Filipino Communists....slowly losing the ability to distinguish from reality....)

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:20 pm

I love the fact that people who have never so much as stepped foot on Harvard's campus or met any of the students want to make judgments about douchiness. Like if I got into Harvard tomorrow would I magically change and become a different person? You all go into it expecting that and then see things in people that aren't there. You'd be very surprised at how normal a lot of people at Harvard are. Yet on the same forum people hype up Yale...which definitely has more people that stick their nose up. I'm not saying there are not people who "douches" but no more than any other T6 school. TLS is the home of unsubstantiated hyperbole. That's the end of my rant.

Actually no it's not. COME ON JR!

P.S. I still love you guys.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I love the fact that people who have never so much as stepped foot on Harvard's campus or met any of the students want to make judgments about douchiness. Like if I got into Harvard tomorrow would I magically change and become a different person? You all go into it expecting that and then see things in people that aren't there. You'd be very surprised at how normal a lot of people at Harvard are. Yet on the same forum people hype up Yale...which definitely has more people that stick their nose up. I'm not saying there are not people who "douches" but no more than any other T6 school. TLS is the home of unsubstantiated hyperbole. That's the end of my rant.

+1

cassidylane

Postby cassidylane » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I love the fact that people who have never so much as stepped foot on Harvard's campus or met any of the students want to make judgments about douchiness. Like if I got into Harvard tomorrow would I magically change and become a different person? You all go into it expecting that and then see things in people that aren't there. You'd be very surprised at how normal a lot of people at Harvard are. Yet on the same forum people hype up Yale...which definitely has more people that stick their nose up. I'm not saying there are not people who "douches" but no more than any other T6 school. TLS is the home of unsubstantiated hyperbole. That's the end of my rant.

I'm from Boston and took classes at Harvard UG all through HS and have many friends there. Not saying they're all douches by any means, but don't assume that I don't have some background knowledge.

Changing subject: Realistically, does any one get in from being held? Or is this a hope for the WL type situation?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”