Held at Harvard Law 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neonx

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby neonx » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:40 am

I need to let it go. But I can't. I just can't.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 am

neonx wrote:I need to let it go. But I can't. I just can't.

Ain't over yet.

Cpwilson

Postby Cpwilson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:44 am

Last edited by Cpwilson on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 am

Cpwilson wrote:Why can't you? Are you worried you're life is gonna suck and you won't make any money and youll be out on the streets if you dont go to Harvard? It's amazing how many people see law school admissions as an end, not a means. Work hard, you''ll be just fine. Do what you love.

Thanks, Dr. Phil.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:46 am

Cpwilson wrote:Why can't you? Are you worried you're life is gonna suck and you won't make any money and youll be out on the streets if you dont go to Harvard? It's amazing how many people see law school admissions as an end, not a means. Work hard, you''ll be just fine. Do what you love.

I wanted to go to Harvard when I was out on the streets. So does that make it better?

Cpwilson

Postby Cpwilson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:49 am

r6_philly wrote:

I wanted to go to Harvard when I was out on the streets. So does that make it better?

Ummm....sure I guess. I think you may have missed my point though.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:52 am

neonx wrote:I need to let it go. But I can't. I just can't.

Keep holding on! Considering how well you have done, I wouldn't be surprised if Harvard still had something for you. :)

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:54 am

Cpwilson wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

JK. You have a good point, but I think most people know what you have been preaching. TLS is just a place to vent deeply held psychological problems/fears :twisted: .

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:55 am

Cpwilson wrote:

hehe I am messing with you.

Think of Harvard as icing on the cake. It's good without, but better with.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
JK. You have a good point, but I think most people know what you have been preaching. TLS is just a place to vent deeply held psychological problems/fears :twisted: .

If you want to hear more real reasons:

1. the 2 professors I mentioned
2. being able to cross register at MIT
3. networking at HBS

For me, that's unrivaled.

Cpwilson

Postby Cpwilson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:
Cpwilson wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

ha I hope they know. TLSers seem to really latch onto rankings/prestige, which is important, but only to an extent. Harvard is not El Dorado, and I just wish pre-law kids could see that. Oh well, I guess it takes some experience to see what law employment is really like.

Cpwilson

Postby Cpwilson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:02 am

r6_philly wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:

3. networking at HBS

TWO Professors? Really? And if you want to cross register at MIT, more power to you. I think you overestimate the value of "networking" at HBS. Are you planning to attend HBS? If not, nobody will care who you know there. You can network at any t14 school.

BackToTheOldHouse

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:04 am

Cpwilson wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:

3. networking at HBS

TWO Professors? Really? And if you want to cross register at MIT, more power to you. I think you overestimate the value of "networking" at HBS. Are you planning to attend HBS? If not, nobody will care who you know there. You can network at any t14 school.

Speak the truth, brother (truly mean it. no sarcasm here. I agree completely.).

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:10 am

Cpwilson wrote:TWO Professors? Really? And if you want to cross register at MIT, more power to you. I think you overestimate the value of "networking" at HBS. Are you planning to attend HBS? If not, nobody will care who you know there. You can network at any t14 school.

Yes, two professors that I studied extensively in UG, two of the best in the business. I want to take their classes, sorry.

I network with Wharton and other schools' students and alumni even though I only take classes at my school. I don't overestimate networking, I used to be a consultant, where getting jobs is about who you know. Yes you can network at any T14 school, but you will be networking with different people. The network at Penn is held as one of the most valuable asset (yes they actually have alumni surveys that support this), Harvard's is arguable better.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 am

Cpwilson wrote:TWO Professors? Really? And if you want to cross register at MIT, more power to you. I think you overestimate the value of "networking" at HBS. Are you planning to attend HBS? If not, nobody will care who you know there. You can network at any t14 school.

Do not know what your problem is, but if you believe anyone with enough intelligence to even form thoughts about LSAT cannot come up with the grade school arguments you keep regurgitating, you are very wrong. Yes, we want to go to Harvard and no, we do not need you to tell us there are other alternatives, we are aware and we do not care.

Cpwilson

Postby Cpwilson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:

Do not know what your problem is, but if you believe anyone with enough intelligence to even form thoughts about LSAT cannot come up with the grade school arguments you keep regurgitating, you are very wrong. Yes, we want to go to Harvard and no, we do not need you to tell us there are other alternatives, we are aware and we do not care.

Well since you are second to none, I suppose you're right.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Cpwilson wrote:Well since you are second to none, I suppose you're right.

What are you doing here? I am not being sarcastic. What are you doing in this thread?

sonervous88

Postby sonervous88 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:33 pm

r6_philly wrote:

What are you doing here? I am not being sarcastic. What are you doing in this thread?

don't worry r6 i got your back :) on another note who is the cute little kid in your picture? im sure you've answered that before haha but i can't help but asking

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:35 pm

sonervous88 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

don't worry r6 i got your back :) on another note who is the cute little kid in your picture? im sure you've answered that before haha but i can't help but asking

Haha that would be my son :mrgreen:

sonervous88

Postby sonervous88 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:38 pm

r6_philly wrote:
sonervous88 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE congrats

logistikon

Postby logistikon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 pm

r6_philly wrote:

pwn

JFo

Postby JFo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm

r6_philly wrote:
sonervous88 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Look at those cheeks!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks guys! My baby cheeks were actually puffier but I was nowhere near as cute :)

bluejax21

Postby bluejax21 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Can anyone advise when you would have to physically show up to Harvard to begin enrollment for classes, move in, etc.? I'm currently held and will submit a LOCI which will include a piece with a deadline notification requirement. I'm currently working and would need at least 3-4 months notice to begin the process to turn in my notice to quit my job. I want to avoid a nightmare situation where by some miracle they decide to accept me in the summer but I can't accept due to not enough lead time to separate from my employment. I'm thinking I would need final adjudication by 31 May (and that would be cutting it close), but will await responses.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:31 pm

bluejax21 wrote:Can anyone advise when you would have to physically show up to Harvard to begin enrollment for classes, move in, etc.? I'm currently held and will submit a LOCI which will include a piece with a deadline notification requirement. I'm currently working and would need at least 3-4 months notice to begin the process to turn in my notice to quit my job. I want to avoid a nightmare situation where by some miracle they decide to accept me in the summer but I can't accept due to not enough lead time to separate from my employment. I'm thinking I would need final adjudication by 31 May (and that would be cutting it close), but will await responses.

August? So you would probably have to hear back by May. I'd just send a letter once you receive an initial decision.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”