Held at Harvard Law 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sonervous88
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby sonervous88 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:29 pm

HELD! and could not be more excited. I know someone asked about JR1. I have not been contacted for JR1 which is why I was sure I was going to get rejected. :D

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Dany » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:31 pm

jd2014! wrote:It looks like all of TLS was held...

lol this

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby hellome » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:33 pm

hey everyone, i'm joining this thread as well

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby tomwatts » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:46 pm

Trustbuster wrote:Hold me closer tiny Harvard

I think this is the hardest I've ever laughed on TLS.

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby er doctor » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Held today too...i had assumed that being UR since 10/5 with no JR1 I was an automatic ding.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby arism87 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 pm

What do we make of this? "This is a fairly long process, and it will take 6-8 weeks to go through all the applications, at which point some of the remaining holds be shifted to a wait-list."

So this is like.. a waitlist for the waitlist? lol

Do I have time to retake in Feb? I've been considering it for months now.

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby hellome » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 pm

er doctor wrote:Held today too...i had assumed that being UR since 10/5 with no JR1 I was an automatic ding.


me too, i suppose this is better than a ding...although the overall waiting is really taking its toll :?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:51 pm

jd2014! wrote:It looks like all of TLS was held...

QFT

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Confused7 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Okay this may be a stupid question but: when we send additional LORs through LSAC, don't all of our law schools see them? I understand that HLS may want to see new information from their "held" applicants, but won't this influx of information annoy our other schools?

Also is it acceptable to send LOCIs to HLS through email or snail mail? I know they don't open attachments, so I'm thinking snail mail will look more official.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Dany » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Confused7 wrote:Okay this may be a stupid question but: when we send additional LORs through LSAC, don't all of our law schools see them? I understand that HLS may want to see new information from their "held" applicants, but won't this influx of information annoy our other schools?

Also is it acceptable to send LOCIs to HLS through email or snail mail? I know they don't open attachments, so I'm thinking snail mail will look more official.

You assign LORs to specific schools. So other schools wouldn't get the letter unless you also assigned it to them.

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Kiwi917 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Joining this thread.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 pm

So what's the plan from here? Who's sending additional LORs? Who's sending LOCIs? Who's updating their transcripts? Who's sending other materials?

I need to update my transcripts, but I'm worried that it won't update by the time they make a decision on my application.

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby hellome » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:23 pm

CastleRock wrote:So what's the plan from here? Who's sending additional LORs? Who's sending LOCIs? Who's updating their transcripts? Who's sending other materials?

I need to update my transcripts, but I'm worried that it won't update by the time they make a decision on my application.


I'll be sending in the LOCI.
I want to do an additional LOR but I've already sent in 3 (2 academic, 1 work)...so I'm not sure.
Any thoughts?

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:25 pm

hellome wrote:
CastleRock wrote:So what's the plan from here? Who's sending additional LORs? Who's sending LOCIs? Who's updating their transcripts? Who's sending other materials?

I need to update my transcripts, but I'm worried that it won't update by the time they make a decision on my application.


I'll be sending in the LOCI.
I want to do an additional LOR but I've already sent in 3 (2 academic, 1 work)...so I'm not sure.
Any thoughts?

Send it, I can't see it hurting you much at this point. Although, I doubt it will help a whole bunch at this point. You have to decide how strong you think the letter is. If it's a good letter, feel free to send it.

User avatar
jdstl
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby jdstl » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:26 pm

I only did two LORs originally, so I'm sending in a third plus grade updates. I feel like writing a convincing Harvard LOCI would be tough, because everyone is continually interested by default.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:28 pm

jdstl wrote:I only did two LORs originally, so I'm sending in a third plus grade updates. I feel like writing a convincing Harvard LOCI would be tough, because everyone is continually interested by default.

I've always felt this way.

User avatar
hellome
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby hellome » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:30 pm

CastleRock wrote:
jdstl wrote:I only did two LORs originally, so I'm sending in a third plus grade updates. I feel like writing a convincing Harvard LOCI would be tough, because everyone is continually interested by default.

I've always felt this way.


+1

although any ties to the area may help!

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 pm

hellome wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
jdstl wrote:I only did two LORs originally, so I'm sending in a third plus grade updates. I feel like writing a convincing Harvard LOCI would be tough, because everyone is continually interested by default.

I've always felt this way.


+1

although any ties to the area may help!

I dunno, HLS is kind of in a position where whoever they admit is fairly likely to attend. I think I will still send a LOCI just so they know I will attend if admitted, but I have my doubts of whether it will help at all.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Confused7 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 pm

eskimo wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Okay this may be a stupid question but: when we send additional LORs through LSAC, don't all of our law schools see them? I understand that HLS may want to see new information from their "held" applicants, but won't this influx of information annoy our other schools?

Also is it acceptable to send LOCIs to HLS through email or snail mail? I know they don't open attachments, so I'm thinking snail mail will look more official.

You assign LORs to specific schools. So other schools wouldn't get the letter unless you also assigned it to them.

Wow you are so right! Can't believe it's been THAT long since I've used LSAC...

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Given the sheer volume, more than a few of you guys are getting in. With that said, check out the detailed descriptions of the clinics and their work for come LOCI/Why Harvard ammo. Harvard even has a youtube channel that discusses some of the work that their clinics have done. IMO, this is a major strength of the school.

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby fish52 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Just curious... did you find out you were held via email or by checking the website? Still UR and expecting a ding shortly. :(

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby 4102011 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:46 pm

fish52 wrote:Just curious... did you find out you were held via email or by checking the website? Still UR and expecting a ding shortly. :(


E-mail

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:25 am

dulcatis wrote:
fish52 wrote:Just curious... did you find out you were held via email or by checking the website? Still UR and expecting a ding shortly. :(


E-mail


Email and checker around same time for me. (got email first)

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Confused7 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:43 am

tkgrrett wrote:Given the sheer volume, more than a few of you guys are getting in. With that said, check out the detailed descriptions of the clinics and their work for come LOCI/Why Harvard ammo. Harvard even has a youtube channel that discusses some of the work that their clinics have done. IMO, this is a major strength of the school.


Good idea. Although after browsing the Held thread from 2010, I'm not feeling too good. :(

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby lisjjen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:43 am

My app was held today. They want to see my fall transcript and my fall transcript ain't lookin good.

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by lisjjen on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ferrisjso, Long shot hero, potterotter, Smc1994, tlee13, Why??? and 37 guests