Held at Harvard Law 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nulli Secundus

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:52 pm

snichols16 wrote:Any JR1s recently? I flew out to attend a couple seminars at HLS last week and meet with a couple professors I know. I hand delivered my LOCI to the Admissions office, but they were short with details about how things would progress.

No JR1 news on TLS, maybe people are getting them but not sharing, who knows. According to FedEx website, my LOCI is @ sorting facility in East Boston right now. Delivery time seems tomoz 10:30 AM, which is slightly annoying, I am sure they could deliver it today if they got their act together (Snowstorm is overrated lulz).

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
snichols16 wrote:Any JR1s recently? I flew out to attend a couple seminars at HLS last week and meet with a couple professors I know. I hand delivered my LOCI to the Admissions office, but they were short with details about how things would progress.

No JR1 news on TLS, maybe people are getting them but not sharing, who knows. According to FedEx website, my LOCI is @ sorting facility in East Boston right now. Delivery time seems tomoz 10:30 AM, which is slightly annoying, I am sure they could deliver it today if they got their act together (Snowstorm is overrated lulz).

You used FedEx? Gunner!

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
You used FedEx? Gunner!

International student, so FedEx is pretty much my only way to ensure my LOCI gets delivered before the ding.
Last edited by Nulli Secundus on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:

You used FedEx? Gunner!

After an unfortunate incident with regular mail to Africa, I fedex almost everything that has any importance.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
You used FedEx? Gunner!

International student, so FedEx is pretty much my only way to ensure my LOCI gets delivered before the ding.

Aha, didn't think of that. Although we use DHL exclusively for international.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:

You used FedEx? Gunner!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 pm

I sent mine FedEX too. But then I lost the confirmation number thing. So I've just been assuming for a week.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:06 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
You used FedEx? Gunner!

Well it was pretty much a random decision, kinda thought about changing it to DHL when I went to the address and saw FedEx deliveries were handled by a local cargo company until a certain point and DHL had a fucking huge office of itself next to that, but decided against it, that particular decision has not caused a disaster so far.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:07 pm

cardinals1989 wrote: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have to watch you in school. That's how you got them high GPA...

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
You used FedEx? Gunner!

Well it was pretty much a random decision, kinda thought about changing it to DHL when I went to the address and saw FedEx deliveries were handled by a local cargo company until a certain point and DHL had a fucking huge office of itself next to that, but decided against it, that particular decision has not caused a disaster so far.

Given that I am currently on the phone pleading with DHL to release an international shipment (oh the pathos!), I think your decision was a wise one. Fedex Intl Trace is in Tennessee and ever so Southern-polite, unlike DHL. BAH.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:10 pm

whathojeeves wrote:Given that I am currently on the phone pleading with DHL to release an international shipment (oh the pathos!), I think your decision was a wise one. Fedex Intl Trace is in Tennessee and ever so Southern-polite, unlike DHL. BAH.

I had the opposite experience. Maybe DHL is better in China?

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:10 pm

whathojeeves wrote:Given that I am currently on the phone pleading with DHL to release an international shipment (oh the pathos!), I think your decision was a wise one. Fedex Intl Trace is in Tennessee and ever so Southern-polite, unlike DHL. BAH.

Mine passed through that int'l release step in Newark, NJ. (Although you probably mean the center that coordinates that step for every delivery)

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:12 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Because our .05 difference in GPA totally sets us on different levels. :roll: :P :D

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Because our .05 difference in GPA totally sets us on different levels. :roll: :P :D

:cry: :cry: :cry:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 pm

cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

you are >75 and I am not. Yes it is. :P

Let's put it another way. That's 2 Bs.

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Your LSAT balances things out. JR1/SLS calls for all!

Edited for fail.

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Basically never studied for any exam in my education life for longer than a night and never did reviews / extra reading / study after classes. One of the reasons I want LS tbh is experiencing being beaten even when I give my best. I want this soooo much :) [ Do not take this as some kind of boasting as people did when it was in my PS drafts once, it just goes to show how easy my major was]

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Basically never studied for any exam in my education life for longer than a night and never did reviews / extra reading / study after classes. One of the reasons I want LS tbh is experiencing being beaten even when I give my best. I want this soooo much :) [ Do not take this as some kind of boasting as people did when it was in my PS drafts once, it just goes to show how easy my major was]

I just want to point out that it was you that complained about people bumping the Harvard threads for non-Harvard-acceptance-related things. :P

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:30 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Basically never studied for any exam in my education life for longer than a night and never did reviews / extra reading / study after classes. One of the reasons I want LS tbh is experiencing being beaten even when I give my best. I want this soooo much :) [ Do not take this as some kind of boasting as people did when it was in my PS drafts once, it just goes to show how easy my major was]

I just want to point out that it was you that complained about people bumping the Harvard threads for non-Harvard-acceptance-related things. :P

Yes this is Held @ Harvard thread, not "In @ Harvard" or "Harvard 2011 Applicants" thread. If my situation changes I will post in one or both of those, I advise everyone to do so as well. This thread is for helping held people cope with their agony. And one of the reasons I wanted H seemed appropriate to share, in a way like, an eulogy for my dead hopes.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:

Yes this is Held @ Harvard thread, not "In @ Harvard" or "Harvard 2011 Applicants" thread. If my situation changes I will post in one or both of those, I advise everyone to do so as well. This thread is for helping held people cope with their agony. And one of the reasons I wanted H seemed appropriate to share, in a way like, an eulogy for my dead hopes.

Your hopes shouldn't be dead! Apps are down! We're all getting in! (Stage note: I'm was screaming that at you desperately!!!)

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Yes this is Held @ Harvard thread, not "In @ Harvard" or "Harvard 2011 Applicants" thread. If my situation changes I will post in one or both of those, I advise everyone to do so as well. This thread is for helping held people cope with their agony. And one of the reasons I wanted H seemed appropriate to share, in a way like, an eulogy for my dead hopes.

Yes, but every time people post, I wonder if the holds are finally coming out for my UR date (should be any time this week or next), so you are ultimately being as cruel to me as those people were to you when you were in the Applicants thread. Just sayinnn...

Nulli Secundus

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:35 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Yes this is Held @ Harvard thread, not "In @ Harvard" or "Harvard 2011 Applicants" thread. If my situation changes I will post in one or both of those, I advise everyone to do so as well. This thread is for helping held people cope with their agony. And one of the reasons I wanted H seemed appropriate to share, in a way like, an eulogy for my dead hopes.

Yes, but every time people post, I wonder if the holds are finally coming out for my UR date (should be any time this week or next), so you are ultimately being as cruel to me as those people were to you when you were in the Applicants thread. Just sayinnn...

This would be absolutely valid if HLS Admissions were working today. They are on snow vacation.

snichols16

Postby snichols16 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Yes.... this is why I hand delivered my LOCIs to Harvard, Penn, NYU, and NW. I don't want to have to worry about if they gett lost in the sorting facilities. I guess it's a more expensive route... but tenacity sometimes pays off.

arkansawyer

Postby arkansawyer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Movement....please?

cardinals1989

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

arkansawyer wrote:Movement Acceptances....please?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”