Held at Harvard Law 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby law_monkey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:28 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Weirdlog
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Weirdlog » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Hey guys, really sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find it.

What's the standard spacing for a Harvard LOCI? Double spaced?

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Weirdlog wrote:Hey guys, really sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find it.

What's the standard spacing for a Harvard LOCI? Double spaced?


I did one page single space...kind of like a cover letter for a job.

miracle2011
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby miracle2011 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Does anyone know if letters of recommendations sent directly to Harvard Law (not through LSAC) get posted to your status checker along side your previously submitted ones?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby 4102011 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:03 pm

law_monkey wrote:--ImageRemoved--


I love you <3

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:06 pm

miracle2011 wrote:Does anyone know if letters of recommendations sent directly to Harvard Law (not through LSAC) get posted to your status checker along side your previously submitted ones?


Yes, they do.

ivantheterbl
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby ivantheterbl » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Would anyone be willing to look at a LOCI I just finished? I'm not sure how convincing it is, and also it was just difficult to not just be like, well you're Harvard. I would definitely be willing to look at someone else's if they wanted!

LawSchoolApp11
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby LawSchoolApp11 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Sorry if this was asked already, but does any know if there is a difference between an LSAC account number and an LSDAS registration number?
Thanks!!!

djfe4president
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 pm

ivantheterbl wrote:Would anyone be willing to look at a LOCI I just finished? I'm not sure how convincing it is, and also it was just difficult to not just be like, well you're Harvard. I would definitely be willing to look at someone else's if they wanted!


Ivan, not to sound like a douche but I doubt people will help you here. You are battling those same helpers for a spot. You have to ask someone else besides Harvard applicants and those on Hold.

Again, not douchy, just truth

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 pm

djfe4president wrote:
ivantheterbl wrote:Would anyone be willing to look at a LOCI I just finished? I'm not sure how convincing it is, and also it was just difficult to not just be like, well you're Harvard. I would definitely be willing to look at someone else's if they wanted!


Ivan, not to sound like a douche but I doubt people will help you here. You are battling those same helpers for a spot. You have to ask someone else besides Harvard applicants and those on Hold.

Again, not douchy, just truth


I helped people competing at other schools with their applications. I just feel that LOCI is a personal thing and it would be hard to help, hence I didn't offer.

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:17 pm

djfe4president wrote:Ivan, not to sound like a douche but I doubt people will help you here. You are battling those same helpers for a spot. You have to ask someone else besides Harvard applicants and those on Hold.


As far as I know, that's not how most of us work. That said, it's easier to get people to read it if either you have a group of friends on here applying or if there's a school break and people are bored. (Sorry, Ivan, I'm neither in school nor do I have a break, so I don't have the time.) I haven't noticed anyone be aggressively competitive and not offer help here.

djfe4president
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:29 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
djfe4president wrote:Ivan, not to sound like a douche but I doubt people will help you here. You are battling those same helpers for a spot. You have to ask someone else besides Harvard applicants and those on Hold.


As far as I know, that's not how most of us work. That said, it's easier to get people to read it if either you have a group of friends on here applying or if there's a school break and people are bored. (Sorry, Ivan, I'm neither in school nor do I have a break, so I don't have the time.) I haven't noticed anyone be aggressively competitive and not offer help here.



True...most ppl are not like that on here but it is easier to make time to help someone when they are not applying for the same spot..

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:32 pm

djfe4president wrote:True...most ppl are not like that on here but it is easier to make time to help someone when they are not applying for the same spot..


Not to be personal, really, but if you understand things this way, you must feel the same way.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Please discuss human relations / human psyche / altruism / competition related issues in another thread, every time this thread lights up, I think there are news only to be disappointed.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Please discuss human relations / human psyche / altruism / competition related issues in another thread, every time this thread lights up, I think there are news only to be disappointed.


Why are you in the held thread anyway?

djfe4president
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:39 pm

r6_philly wrote:
djfe4president wrote:True...most ppl are not like that on here but it is easier to make time to help someone when they are not applying for the same spot..


Not to be personal, really, but if you understand things this way, you must feel the same way.


No problem. I'm not taking it personal.

I wish everyone the best of luck with this application process.
BUT
It is a fact that not everyone here is going to get Harvard.
Last edited by djfe4president on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:39 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Nulli Secundus wrote:Please discuss human relations / human psyche / altruism / competition related issues in another thread, every time this thread lights up, I think there are news only to be disappointed.


Why are you in the held thread anyway?


To see if someone got held of course.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 pm

djfe4president wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
djfe4president wrote:True...most ppl are not like that on here but it is easier to make time to help someone when they are not applying for the same spot..


Not to be personal, really, but if you understand things this way, you must feel the same way.


No problem. I'm not taking it personal.

I wish everyone the best of luck with this application process.
BUT
It is a fact that we not everyone here is going to get Harvard.


I know this, but I am not approaching this as something I must do. Would be nice, but it's not worth being a douche over. I want to be happy with myself at the end of the day.

djfe4president
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:
djfe4president wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
djfe4president wrote:True...most ppl are not like that on here but it is easier to make time to help someone when they are not applying for the same spot..


Not to be personal, really, but if you understand things this way, you must feel the same way.


No problem. I'm not taking it personal.

I wish everyone the best of luck with this application process.
BUT
It is a fact that we not everyone here is going to get Harvard.


I know this, but I am not approaching this as something I must do. Would be nice, but it's not worth being a douche over. I want to be happy with myself at the end of the day.


I said at the beginning "Not trying to be a douche."

I know I'm not the only person who thinks this and I know that you know there are others who think this.
(Confusing sentence but I hope you get what I mean)


I doubt that their feelings makes them a douche

djfe4president
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 pm

r6_philly

if you want to help him fine... If you cannot then that is fine too.

All I'm telling Ivan is not to get his hopes up for a ton of responses. Always expect the worse

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Nulli Secundus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Seriously farm posts in another thread. Its getting really annoying.

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Confused7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Damn, I thought us holds were getting some action already.

djfe4president
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Nulli Secundus wrote:Seriously farm posts in another thread. Its getting really annoying.


+1

Anyway, anyone thinking about when Harvard is making their decisions on us. I feel somewhat happy I've survived the wave of rejections that have been sent out recently.

Also, has LSAC taken extra long to process your transcripts?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:56 pm

ehh ppl can PM LOCIs to me if they want a look.. Im already in and there is snow in the south so Im just spending the day doing financial aid paperwork

The Real Jack McCoy
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby The Real Jack McCoy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:50 pm

I can also take a look. Good luck and sorry for the bump.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Google Adsense [Bot], raidr and 18 guests