Held at Harvard Law 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NikaneOkie

Bronze
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby NikaneOkie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:17 pm

jimraynor wrote:UR 11/19. Got the 'hold' email about an hour ago.


+1
I sent an update about 24 hours ago... kind of funny.

2bOn2b

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby 2bOn2b » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:26 pm

UR 11/23. Received Hold email today. I'll take it as a victory of sorts.

tipler4213

Silver
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:28 pm

when does everyone think the first hold--->ding/WL is going to come?

User avatar
Nulli Secundus

Gold
Posts: 3175
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Nulli Secundus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Anyone from the latest batch of holds took December LSAT?

ivantheterbl

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby ivantheterbl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Just got the hold e-mail, UR 11/15--174/3.87. I am sending in updated transcripts (which don't move my GPA one bit lol), but was wondering if I send in an additional LOR should I send it to LSAC first or directly to the office? The email made it seem like sending directly to them was acceptable, but I wasn't sure.

tipler4213

Silver
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:54 pm

ivantheterbl wrote:Just got the hold e-mail, UR 11/15--174/3.87. I am sending in updated transcripts (which don't move my GPA one bit lol), but was wondering if I send in an additional LOR should I send it to LSAC first or directly to the office? The email made it seem like sending directly to them was acceptable, but I wasn't sure.


Both are fine. I call to confirm and sent one via LSAC and am mailing another. Either how the recommender sign the sel of the envelope or mail it themselves

tipler4213

Silver
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:55 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
ivantheterbl wrote:Just got the hold e-mail, UR 11/15--174/3.87. I am sending in updated transcripts (which don't move my GPA one bit lol), but was wondering if I send in an additional LOR should I send it to LSAC first or directly to the office? The email made it seem like sending directly to them was acceptable, but I wasn't sure.


Both are fine. I call to confirm and sent one via LSAC and am mailing another. Either how the recommender sign the sel of the envelope or mail it themselves


Damn, I should have lied. Weed out the competition...

snichols16

Bronze
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby snichols16 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:58 pm

I took the December LSAT

tipler4213

Silver
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Scared LORs won't get there in time, so I am asking again:

when does everyone think the first hold--->ding/WL is going to come? When did they first do it last year?

Confused7

Silver
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:38 pm

tipler4213 wrote:Scared LORs won't get there in time, so I am asking again:

when does everyone think the first hold--->ding/WL is going to come? When did they first do it last year?


If you let a prof know your situation and they agree to write it in the next week, I think you're fine. My prof JUST notified me that he finished my LOR and is sending it today. I asked him to fax AND mail a copy to LSAC just in case. Don't let it stop you from doing everything/anything you can!

User avatar
Lovely Ludwig Van

Bronze
Posts: 375
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Tagged. Got the 'hold' email a few hours ago. At my numbers, I'm very pleased to have gotten this far.

User avatar
Weirdlog

Bronze
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Weirdlog » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Joining the party as of a couple minutes ago.

biggie

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby biggie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:46 pm

For anyone interested, Harvard returned the postcard I sent with my LOCI today.

tipler4213

Silver
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:01 pm

biggie wrote:For anyone interested, Harvard returned the postcard I sent with my LOCI today.


+1

User avatar
NikaneOkie

Bronze
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby NikaneOkie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 am

Did anyone else/everyone else get a new UR date?? Mine started from the date of my hold...

User avatar
The Stig

Silver
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby The Stig » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:27 pm

a couple questions....

1) Do transcripts get updated automatically to schools via LSAC... it says there are 12 "requests received" and 24 "reports sent" and it shows
01/21/2011 Type: Credential Assembly Update Transcript
, but no request date next to them...

2) Does anyone know when they started the WL/Dings last year? I'm visiting a friend at H undergrad in late February, and am thinking of waiting to send an LOCI after visiting the campus, etc.... would that be too late??

User avatar
lzyovrachievr

Gold
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby lzyovrachievr » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:36 pm

The Stig wrote:a couple questions....

1) Do transcripts get updated automatically to schools via LSAC... it says there are 12 "requests received" and 24 "reports sent" and it shows
01/21/2011 Type: Credential Assembly Update Transcript
, but no request date next to them...

2) Does anyone know when they started the WL/Dings last year? I'm visiting a friend at H undergrad in late February, and am thinking of waiting to send an LOCI after visiting the campus, etc.... would that be too late??


1) Yes
2) Don't know

Confused7

Silver
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Confused7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:40 pm

tipler4213 wrote:
biggie wrote:For anyone interested, Harvard returned the postcard I sent with my LOCI today.


+1


How long did it take for them to send it back to you? I sent my LOCI last week and still haven't received anything...

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently my parents received the postcard earlier this week. Seems like they're pretty fast with this. Okay, so now back to waiting.

User avatar
NikaneOkie

Bronze
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby NikaneOkie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:54 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:Did anyone else/everyone else get a new UR date?? Mine started from the date of my hold...


Nobody willing to just glance at their status checker and see?? :(

Confused7

Silver
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Confused7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:
NikaneOkie wrote:Did anyone else/everyone else get a new UR date?? Mine started from the date of my hold...


Nobody willing to just glance at their status checker and see?? :(


Yeah, that's normal. Mine when from 11/17 to 1/10 after I got my held email. Hopefully this means they'll look at our applications again with an updated batch of applicants.

djfe4president

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Must keep hope alive lol

djfe4president

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Btw has anyone received a jr1 then a hold?

User avatar
timmna

Silver
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby timmna » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 pm

djfe4president wrote:Btw has anyone received a jr1 then a hold?


I haven't, but I know some have.

djfe4president

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby djfe4president » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:52 pm

timmna wrote:
djfe4president wrote:Btw has anyone received a jr1 then a hold?


I haven't, but I know some have.


so the majority of ppl in here is no jr1

User avatar
Weirdlog

Bronze
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Postby Weirdlog » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 pm

djfe4president wrote:
timmna wrote:
djfe4president wrote:Btw has anyone received a jr1 then a hold?


I haven't, but I know some have.


so the majority of ppl in here is no jr1


Yeah probably like 99%.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests