Held at Harvard Law 2011 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Nulli Secundus

Gold

Re: Held at Harvard Law 2011

Post by Nulli Secundus » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:58 pm

/
Last edited by Nulli Secundus on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

logistikon

New

Post by logistikon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:00 pm

check check checkin in

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:00 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:Yes Yes, I am the originator of Precedent Cat.

You can call me "The Creator". I answer to that too.
Did you mention this fact in your applications?

I mean, that's the most impressive soft I've seen since the guy that did recon as an Army Ranger for 7 years.

gatorgirl4life

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl4life » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm

leaving the forgotten to join the held...feels surprisingly nice. :)

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Just checkin' in. LOCIs here I come.

cassidylane

Bronze

Post by cassidylane » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Just got word I'm being held today. I am honestly SHOCKED, because I was so certain I would be rejected that I was in no way even disappointed to get this news. I guess I'm a little bummed that they've given me a fighting chance because now I am so much more invested in the outcome and trying to send new materials, etc.

Hang in there everyone! Good luck!

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Are there any statistics from the current or previous years regarding how many holds result in acceptance/rejection/waitlist?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:09 pm

somewhere wrote:Are there any statistics from the current or previous years regarding how many holds result in acceptance/rejection/waitlist?
Last year was JR's first year, and it was a year with a whole lot more apps. I don't think you will gain much from looking at past data.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

awahoya

Bronze

Post by awahoya » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Checking in

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:08 pm

r6_philly wrote:
somewhere wrote:Are there any statistics from the current or previous years regarding how many holds result in acceptance/rejection/waitlist?
Last year was JR's first year, and it was a year with a whole lot more apps. I don't think you will gain much from looking at past data.
This. Also I think Harvard held a greater number of candidates this time. I think between Northwestern, Harvard, and Columbia the entire T14 TLS community is on hold at at least one school.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 pm

law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
This. Also I think Harvard held a greater number of candidates this time. I think between Northwestern, Harvard, and Columbia the entire T14 TLS community is on hold at at least one school.
Don't forget the de facto hold at SLS, the ambiguous hold at Michigan, the ignore-you holds at UVa and Duke. Oh and Penn even used official holds.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Don't forget the de facto hold at SLS, the ambiguous hold at Michigan, the ignore-you holds at UVa and Duke. Oh and Penn even used official holds.
Oh I didn't know about SLS, Mich, and Duke. Well then yes, the entire T14 TLS community is definitely on hold. :roll:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:16 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
It's funny how SLS/YLS don't get any animosity considering they just let people hang out with no updates until April. I wonder if all the schools that sent "hold" emails would get less frustration from the TLS community if they didn't send the emails at all...

gatorgirl4life

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl4life » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:21 pm

It's funny how SLS/YLS don't get any animosity considering they just let people hang out with no updates until April. I wonder if all the schools that sent "hold" emails would get less frustration from the TLS community if they didn't send the emails at all...[/quote]

I think most people are frustrated with holds when they think they have a decent shot of being accepted.
ex) I was frustrated by Columbia's hold and OK with Harvard's (because they didn't laugh at my app and deny me immediately).
Sooo I think that even if SLS and YLS held people, they wouldn't get as much animosity, since most people aren't very confident in their chances of being accepted to begin with.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:41 pm

The Stig wrote: It's funny how SLS/YLS don't get any animosity considering they just let people hang out with no updates until April. I wonder if all the schools that sent "hold" emails would get less frustration from the TLS community if they didn't send the emails at all...
YLS is upfront about the review process, and you know you probably won't get to faculty review until Jan anyway (the ding mails are in the mail as we speak). They also don't really make a big deal out of applying early.

Being passed over in the ding sweep at SLS is most definitely a hold though.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:42 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote: I think most people are frustrated with holds when they think they have a decent shot of being accepted.
ex) I was frustrated by Columbia's hold and OK with Harvard's (because they didn't laugh at my app and deny me immediately).
Sooo I think that even if SLS and YLS held people, they wouldn't get as much animosity, since most people aren't very confident in their chances of being accepted to begin with.

Well I timely got WL at CC and held at H. For one I am happy with that development. I'd much rather be held by H than by C, even though I don't understand it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:44 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:
the stig wrote:It's funny how SLS/YLS don't get any animosity considering they just let people hang out with no updates until April. I wonder if all the schools that sent "hold" emails would get less frustration from the TLS community if they didn't send the emails at all...
I think most people are frustrated with holds when they think they have a decent shot of being accepted.
+1 to all of this. I am offended by Columbia's hold, while any holds/WLs prior to my rejections from HYS make me (not-so-)secretly proud that they might pretend to be interested for awhile..

Silence is also completely acceptable when people with my numbers aren't being accepted. Otherwise I demand answers. lol

Nulli Secundus

Gold

Post by Nulli Secundus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:04 am

So in case any of you guys delved into last years thread and did some research, do we officially expect some movements for hold pile today at all?

timmna

Silver

Post by timmna » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:10 am

Nulli Secundus wrote:So in case any of you guys delved into last years thread and did some research, do we officially expect some movements for hold pile today at all?
It looks like someone who had already had their JR1 got a JR2 this time last year.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 am

JR1 for everyone this week! I sense movement should start shortly as deadline has passed. Schools with my other outstanding apps are starting to work through their backlogs, Harvard would probably start as well.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 am

Checking in. Held with the group at the end of last week. My numbers are weak but my will is strong.

love me Harvard, love me now.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:06 pm

r6_philly wrote:JR1 for everyone this week! I sense movement should start shortly as deadline has passed. Schools with my other outstanding apps are starting to work through their backlogs, Harvard would probably start as well.
Yeah I'm sure the people with higher numbers and decent softs that were surprise holds will probably start hearing back soon. And then (hopefully) the rest of us!

snichols16

Bronze

Post by snichols16 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Looks like there is some JR1 activity...

cardinals1989

Silver

Post by cardinals1989 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 pm

r6_philly wrote:JR1 for everyone this week! I sense movement should start shortly as deadline has passed. Schools with my other outstanding apps are starting to work through their backlogs, Harvard would probably start as well.
r6_philly wrote:Don't get my hopes up please.
:wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”