How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby ksimon2007 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:24 am

10/24
Accepted: 9
Wait listed: 1
Last edited by ksimon2007 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:06 am

Applied: 17
Accepted: 4
Rejected: 1 (thanks GMU)

User avatar
sanguar
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby sanguar » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:56 am

Applied to 11 (sent 12/17), heard from 0.

deliriousxix
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby deliriousxix » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:02 am

sent out my apps from mid-Nov. to early Dec.

Applied to 16, heard back from 3. All acceptances so far..

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby JJDancer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:29 pm

Applied: 11 (mid-late Dec) mostly target schools, 1 safety, no real big reaches

Accepted: 2 (1 with $$$, won't know about the other one until Feb)
Waiting on: 9

User avatar
DamnLSAT
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby DamnLSAT » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:31 pm

Applied to 19 on 12/25 (yeah I was applying on christmas).

Heard from 4: 3 accepts (OCU, Tulsa, and Miami), 1 reject (W&L - reach)

In review: 6

User avatar
gin
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby gin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:35 pm

heard from 2 1/2, waiting on 5 1/2 (the half is a wait-list)

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby Kinderby » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:38 pm

DamnLSAT wrote:
atresia wrote:Heard from: 0
Waiting on: around 20

Of course, I submitted applications this weekend, so I may not be representative of the general TLS population :D


If you applied to W&L, you could very well find out by week's end. They have adcomms on steroids over there.

It is a sign of the insanity applications inspire that I am considering applying there just so I can get an answer from a school. :D

Thread relevant:
Applied: 24 (two weeks ago)
Heard: 0

User avatar
BrownBears09
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby BrownBears09 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:19 pm

Kinderby wrote:
DamnLSAT wrote:
atresia wrote:Heard from: 0
Waiting on: around 20

Of course, I submitted applications this weekend, so I may not be representative of the general TLS population :D


If you applied to W&L, you could very well find out by week's end. They have adcomms on steroids over there.

It is a sign of the insanity applications inspire that I am considering applying there just so I can get an answer from a school. :D

Thread relevant:
Applied: 24 (two weeks ago)
Heard: 0

Never understood the reasoning behind applying to 20+ schools. To each his own.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby subtle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:11 pm

BrownBears09 wrote:
Kinderby wrote:
DamnLSAT wrote:
atresia wrote:Heard from: 0
Waiting on: around 20

Of course, I submitted applications this weekend, so I may not be representative of the general TLS population :D


If you applied to W&L, you could very well find out by week's end. They have adcomms on steroids over there.

It is a sign of the insanity applications inspire that I am considering applying there just so I can get an answer from a school. :D

Thread relevant:
Applied: 24 (two weeks ago)
Heard: 0

Never understood the reasoning behind applying to 20+ schools. To each his own.


I started off with a list of 5 schools, and then it just kept growing and growing. My LSAT was lower than I was hoping and that made me feel not as confident. Then I kept getting fee waivers so I was like, Why the hell not?


Edit:

Applied: 14
Heard: 2
Acceptances: 2

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Heard from: 10
Waiting: 6
Withdraw: 1

Applied to all but 1 (from which I heard already) in October 30.

User avatar
plt06
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby plt06 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Applied: 25
Accepted: 7
Waitlisted: 2
Denied: 4
Pending: 12

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Applied 16
Accepted 7
Waitlisted 4
Rejected 1
Waiting on 4

The ones I am waiting on are most likely WL/Rejects. My cycle is pretty much over.

User avatar
kjadkins
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby kjadkins » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Almost all my apps were late Nov.

Heard from 7
Waiting on 11

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby Kinderby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:28 am

subtle wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:Never understood the reasoning behind applying to 20+ schools. To each his own.


I started off with a list of 5 schools, and then it just kept growing and growing. My LSAT was lower than I was hoping and that made me feel not as confident. Then I kept getting fee waivers so I was like, Why the hell not?

Pretty much this. My LSAT's decent (compared with many non-TLSers, anyway) but my GPA is not, and I just didn't know where that would leave me. When fee waivers rolled in, I was like, okay, I'll try here! Out of 24 schools, I only paid to apply to three. If I hadn't gotten waivers, I most assuredly would not have applied at so many places, because cost would have been a major consideration.

User avatar
BrownBears09
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby BrownBears09 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:55 am

Kinderby wrote:
subtle wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:Never understood the reasoning behind applying to 20+ schools. To each his own.


I started off with a list of 5 schools, and then it just kept growing and growing. My LSAT was lower than I was hoping and that made me feel not as confident. Then I kept getting fee waivers so I was like, Why the hell not?

Pretty much this. My LSAT's decent (compared with many non-TLSers, anyway) but my GPA is not, and I just didn't know where that would leave me. When fee waivers rolled in, I was like, okay, I'll try here! Out of 24 schools, I only paid to apply to three. If I hadn't gotten waivers, I most assuredly would not have applied at so many places, because cost would have been a major consideration.

Personally, I can't see myself attending more than 5-8 school max. I guess some people have no discretion on where they want to practice and are open to all tiers?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:00 am

BrownBears09 wrote:Personally, I can't see myself attending more than 5-8 school max. I guess some people have no discretion on where they want to practice and are open to all tiers?

My geographic constraints are basically nonexistent.
Last edited by JenDarby on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:05 am

BrownBears09 wrote:
Kinderby wrote:
subtle wrote:
BrownBears09 wrote:Never understood the reasoning behind applying to 20+ schools. To each his own.


I started off with a list of 5 schools, and then it just kept growing and growing. My LSAT was lower than I was hoping and that made me feel not as confident. Then I kept getting fee waivers so I was like, Why the hell not?

Pretty much this. My LSAT's decent (compared with many non-TLSers, anyway) but my GPA is not, and I just didn't know where that would leave me. When fee waivers rolled in, I was like, okay, I'll try here! Out of 24 schools, I only paid to apply to three. If I hadn't gotten waivers, I most assuredly would not have applied at so many places, because cost would have been a major consideration.

Personally, I can't see myself attending more than 5-8 school max. I guess some people have no discretion on where they want to practice and are open to all tiers?



I mean, all of my schools are in one general geographic region, but it's kind of a large region. So that's the first thing, I guess. The second thing is I'm not super opposed to schools like I was coming out of high school. Coming out of high school I was like Hell no, I don't want to be in Massachusetts or wherever. I don't feel like that anymore, so that opens up options. Also, I'm a reverse splitter. That makes me kind of nervous about my prospects. I was expecting my LSAT to be slightly higher than it was, so that changed my list. I dropped some schools and added some; basically, I shifted the schools around. I was advised to apply to around 10 schools--one or two reaches, one or two safeties, and between six and eight schools I should definitely get into in order to try to bargain for money. One of the original ten, I felt confident about getting into, and I got a fee waiver, so I decided there was no harm; another one didn't have an application fee at all. It would be one school that I should definitely get into, and I wouldn't have to pay the application fee. Two more schools--schools I considered super reaches--sent fee waivers; I decided there was no harm. If I get rejected, I can't say it will be a shock, but it only cost me $24.

*shrugs*

Oh, lastly, I'm definitely not open to all tiers. There are more than quite a few schools within the same geographic region within the top 100 schools.

User avatar
Kinderby
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby Kinderby » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:05 am

BrownBears09 wrote:Personally, I can't see myself attending more than 5-8 school max. I guess some people have no discretion on where they want to practice and are open to all tiers?

Personally, I can't see myself attending more than 1-2 school max. I applied to five of those precious T1 schools, 16 T2, and 3 T3s. I don't consider this a lack of discretion. I have reaches, reasonable hopes, and safeties. I want to move, but I'm open to living in a lot of different places, so my schools are all over. I think it's exciting to have so many options.

lynnford
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby lynnford » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:07 am

I was complete at all by mid-Nov.

Applied to 18
Accepted: 6
Waitlisted: 1
Still Waiting: 11

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby bdubs » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 am

Applied: Oct-early November
In: 4
WL: 2
Out: 0
Waiting: 8

krad
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:33 am

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby krad » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:29 am

<vom> I've heard from 4/21 after going complete Nov/early Dec.

In regards to applying to >20, I have ties to a number of states (school, prior residence, family, etc.) and am looking at these areas as well as looking for different $ offers!

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby SixStrings11 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:51 am

Applied: 7
Accepted: 3
Still Waiting: 4

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby akili » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am

A whole range of dates from 10/2-1/9

3/17

2 Acceptances
1 Waitlist

The ones I've heard from are 11/04, 12/27, 10/02 (WL)

User avatar
WhatSarahSaid
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: How many schools have you heard from? How many left to go?

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Sent my apps on 11/13.

Heard back from 5, waiting for 10.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, dala77, Google Adsense [Bot], Sisyphus9 and 7 guests